Marketing Day: Digital agencies on hiring, still the early days for YouTube performance ads, more
Amy Gesenhues on February 5, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Prepare to say goodbye to Facebook ad set budgets
Feb 5, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
All Facebook campaigns will run with campaign budget optimization as of September.
- Digital agencies are hiring, focusing on retention in 2019
Feb 5, 2019 by Robin Kurzer
Agencies share what kinds of roles they are hiring for, and how to be strategic about hiring to get the best employees.
- Google: Still ‘early days’ for performance advertising on YouTube
Feb 5, 2019 by Ginny Marvin
On its fourth-quarter 2018 earnings call, the company noted YouTube’s contributions to revenue growth and cited performance formats and YouTube TV initiatives as areas of future growth.
- YouTube lets some advertisers buy masthead ads on CPM basis
Feb 5, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Previously, YouTube Masthead ads (that run at the top of YouTube’s Home feed) were only available on cost-per-day buying terms.
- The growth opportunity DTC brands shouldn’t neglect
Feb 5, 2019 by Casey Wuestefeld
Direct to consumer brands should focus their open web spend on formats and strategies that work within the mid-funnel, which means emphasizing content.
- Women love mobile games and brand advertisers should play along
Feb 5, 2019 by Christy Wong-Taylor
Rewarded video is a popular format among app developers to drive downloads that could also work well for brand advertisers. Here’s how.
- Brand equity: Does your email build it up or tear it down?
Feb 5, 2019 by Ryan Phelan
Here are three questions to ask yourself before you send your next campaign.
- Taptica acquires RhythmOne to bulk up programmatic video ad capabilities, increase focus on CTV
Feb 4, 2019 by Robin Kurzer
Adding to its purchase of Tremor Video DSP, the company hopes to provide advertisers with a more transparent buying process.
- Why subscription and consumption services need a different kind of marketing
Feb 4, 2019 by Barry Levine
SAP and McKinsey point to the different approaches needed by marketing and advertising for these growing channels.
- Facebook introduces household income targeting based on US ZIP code averages
Feb 4, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
The new feature allows advertisers to target ads based on where a user’s household income falls percentage-wise (top 5%, top 10%, etc.).
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Webinar: 3 Types of Silos Killing Your Marketing Team
Feb 5, 2019 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing has become a complex field, with evolving technologies, fast-paced processes and data that must be analyzed, interpreted and shared so you can continuously optimize those processes for better results. But when teams are using disconnected technology, workflows and processes, it can be a struggle to manage day-to-day tasks.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- DiscoverOrg Acquires ZoomInfo, Globe Newswire
- Facebook Makes First Blockchain Acquisition With Chainspace, Cheddar
- Facebook’s Early Days at Harvard, The Atlantic
- How To Measure Your Content’s Revenue Efficiency, Marketo
- How to Prepare a Video Marketing Strategy, My Emma
- Measuring the Success of TrueView YouTube Ads, PPC Hero
- Reddit is raising a huge round near a $3 billion valuation, TechCrunch
- The 6-Step Plan to Escape the Spam Folder, AWeber
- When Marketing Personalization Becomes Too Intrusive, CMS Wire