Marketing Day: DoubleClick Updates, Yandex Takes Fight Against Google & A Video Ads Study
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google’s DoubleClick Extends Active View Reporting To Apps, Adds Viewability Bid Optimization
Nov 13, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Updates fold viewability more deeply into DoubleClick products for advertisers and publishers.
- Will Marketing Addressability Leave SEO In The Dust?
Nov 13, 2015 by Adam Audette
In a world where digital marketers have greater control over shaping the customer experience, Adam Audette argues that SEO may soon feel obsolete.
- Yandex Takes Fight Against Google & Android To European Commission
Nov 13, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Prompted by a complaint from Yandex, Russia’s antitrust regulator found that Google-required pre-installed Android apps violated Russian competition laws. Yandex is now taking the fight to Europe, which is already investigating the issue.
- Google’s Efforts To Monetize Mobile Pay Off, But Sites See A Hit To Organic Visits
Nov 13, 2015 by Andy Taylor
Columnist Andy Taylor discusses how recent changes Google has made to its mobile SERP layouts are impacting mobile ad spend.
- Don’t Be Deceived: Fake Reviews Are A Real Marketing Problem
Nov 13, 2015 by Sara Spivey
Columnist Sara Spivey believes marketers need to adopt new practices and guidelines to preserve shoppers’ trust in consumer-generated content.
- The Secret To A Winning Content Marketing Strategy? Just Ask.
Nov 13, 2015 by Rachel Lindteigen
How do you create content that resonates with your audience? Columnist Rachel Lindteigen says it’s all about listening to your customers to know what they really need.
- Microsoft To Build German Data Centers To Address US Govt “Spying”
Nov 13, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Last month, the European Court of Justice cited the Snowden revelations and US domestic surveillance to invalidate a 15-year-old “Safe Harbor” agreement under which the US and Europe had been exchanging data.
- Marketing Land Quiz — November 13: Do You Know The Latest Digital Marketing News?
Nov 13, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Test your industry knowledge by answering these five questions pulled from this week’s headlines.
- How Martech Is Like Fantasy Football: Drafting The Right Players In 2016
Nov 13, 2015 by Scott Vaughan
Do you have the right martech in place to score this season? Columnist Scott Vaughan tells you how choose a winning team of technologies to impact your bottom line.
- Why Manual Link Building Will Never Be Obsolete
Nov 13, 2015 by Eric Ward
Contributor and link building expert Eric Ward discusses why manual link building will stand the test of time, despite popular predictions to the contrary.
- New Study: Video Ads With Anti-Bot Tech Lead To Higher CPMs And More Brand Engagement
Nov 12, 2015 by Barry Levine
Analysis was part of the anti-bot partnership between video ad platform Videology and security firm White Ops.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Using Points To Boost User Reviews, Beef Up Maps Content
- Bing Rewards Members Can Now Earn Credits On MSN.com
- Google AdWords Testing Nearby Store Reminders For Google Now Users
- Using Paid Search To Bring Customers In-Store
- Search In Pics: Google PageRank Factory, Cop Pulled Over Self Driving Car & Google Gum
- Can You Now Trust Google To Crawl Ajax Sites?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Simplifying the process of implementing affiliate links, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- How to Use Metrics to Grow Your Business, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Viewbix Launches Video Analytics Platform, www.mediapost.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 13 Tactic Checklist To Drive Blog Leads, heidicohen.com
- Blogging Tools: Apps to Better Manage Your Blog, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 10 Ways You Can Better Find the Time for Content Marketing Right Now, www.thesaleslion.com
- Danger Ahead: When Content Distribution Is On Auto-Pilot, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Empower Your Sales Team With Content, contently.com
- The One Thing You Can’t Ignore About Sponsored Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 10 ways that you can use Psychology to improve conversion rates, www.smartinsights.com
- The 3-Step Conversion Funnel That Will Revolutionize Your Conversion Optimization, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Resources to Help Content Marketers Learn About Smart Web Design, www.copyblogger.com
- The Lost, Ancient Guide to Better Copywriting, conversionxl.com
- Amazon Pantry Arrives In U.K. Along With A Prime Price Cut, techcrunch.com
- Best Practices to Boost Your Customer Service Across Channels, multichannelmerchant.com
- Building brand loyalty in the next generation of commerce, econsultancy.com
- Smaller e-retailers delay decking their sites with holiday promotions, www.internetretailer.com
- 12 Amazing Email Marketing WordPress Plugins, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 8 Tips for Writing an Effective Welcome Email, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- 6 Dumb Ad Campaigns That Are Secretly Brilliant, contently.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Centro Expands Private Deal Availability with AppNexus Integration, blog.centro.net
- Execs Look to Technology for Improved Sales Productivity, www.emarketer.com
- How to Build an All-Star Mobile Force, blog.marketo.com
- Popular Chat App Kik’s Chris Best Discusses Marketing to a Mobile-Only Audience, www.emarketer.com
- Publishers are underwhelmed with Apple News app, digiday.com
- Welcome to your front-row seat on (mobile) history, www.tune.com
- Why Moms Love Mobile Marketing, contently.com
- Lending Credibility to Your Website, www.compukol.com
- 10 Reasons Your Small Business Needs to Be On Twitter, smallbiztrends.com
- 47 Amazing Facts About Social Media That Will Blow Your Mind, www.wordstream.com
- 6 Tips to Master the Facebook Power Editor, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 9 Tools to Sell on Facebook, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How This Social Media Campaign Got 2 Million Views in 2 Days, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Snapchat’s new lens store lets you pay to puke rainbows forever, and the Internet is going crazy, digiday.com
- This Data Visualization Shows You Facebook’s Hottest Topics From October, www.adweek.com
- Twitter Taps Postano to Power Data Visualization for Saturday’s #DemDebate, www.adweek.com
- Using Ad Groups for Segmentation on Twitter Ads, blog.adstage.io
- Which Brand Sectors Are Building the Biggest Social Channel?, blog.newswhip.com
- 10 Facebook Video Strategies to Help Boost Engagement, www.jonloomer.com
- Cultural Connection: The Value of Video, www.facebook.com
- Sorry, YouTube: The virtual-reality revolution will not come via shaky footage shot by amateurs, qz.com
- Vevo Follows YouTube Music’s Debut With An Upgraded Music App Of Its Own, techcrunch.com
- Which Ad Buy Has a Better Bang for Your Buck: Facebook or YouTube Video?, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Sponsored Cards Offer Extra Income for Creators, www.reelseo.com