Marketing Day: Email Marketing Report, Google Opens Domain Registration Service & Twitter Planning New Homepage
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report Shows U.S. Companies More Savvy At Email Marketing: They Send More, Have More Subscribers & Test More
Surveying email marketers from the U.S., Germany and France, Mailjet report shows U.S. companies send an average 1.47 million emails per month.
- SPONSOR MESSAGE: New Partnership Opportunities with Page One Power
Page One Power is now offering new partnership programs to eligible agencies. Link building is difficult and time consuming, but it’s essential to SEO success. Put our expertise to work for you through one of our two partnership opportunities that offer exclusive benefits. Find out more about White Label and Referral partnerships here – http://pageonepower-1.hs-sites.com/partnership-programs.
- Google Opens Its Domain Registration Service To All U.S. Users
Established registrars offer more services for power domainers, but Google is targeting the small business owner with basic services.
- Report: 70% Of Marketers Plan To Boost Social Spending In 2015
Mobile marketing will also get more resources in 2015 according to a global survey by Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Kraft Hockeyville Enlists NHL Legend Joe Nieuwendyk For Community Hockey Arena Improvement Effort
Kraft corporate campaign seeks to align the brand with Canada’s popular sport by doing a good deed for a local arena.
- Your New Year’s Resolution Strategy: Tap Into Consumers’ Desire For Improvement
Columnist Benjamin Spiegel shares advice for messaging to consumers at this time of the year.
- 7 Questions Agencies Never Want You To Ask In The Sales Process
Columnist David Rodnitzky discusses some common queries and why they are (and aren’t) fair to ask.
- B2B Content Marketers: Market Your Content But Focus On Value
What do decision-makers really want from your content? Columnist Jim Yu reviews the results of recent surveys to help direct the focus of your B2B content marketing efforts.
- The Big List: 80 Of The Hottest SEO, Social Media & Digital Analytics Tools For Marketers
Looking for software to help you do your job better? Look no further! Contributor John Lincoln has compiled a giant list of tools of for digital marketers.
- Report: Google Play Finally Passes iOS App Store In Number Of Apps, Developers
According to data from appFigures, Google Play finally passed The App Store (Apple) in number of total mobile apps. It thus also makes sense that there are now more app developers supporting Android than Apple or Amazon’s mobile platforms. There’s no mention of Windows Phone in the company’s report. Microsoft said last year that there were more than […]
- 7 Principles For Making The Viewable Impression Work
Contributor Peter Minnium of the IAB recaps recent controversy over viewable impressions and lays out his rationale for a realistic way forward.
- Doritos Takes The Lead On Search With “Crash The Super Bowl” Campaign
The Frito-Lay brand is the first of the Super Bowl 2015 advertisers to promote its campaign on Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Brands Cozy Up To College Football Audience, But Bob Newhart Has The Winning Tweet
The championship game of first NCAA football playoff is prime target for real-time marketers, but comedian comes up with the line of the night.
- Report: Twitter Planning New Home Page For Logged-Out Visitors
New home page will include advertising and try to monetize the millions of people who view Twitter content but aren’t active users, according at report in AdAge.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Here’s An AdWords Script That Lets You Optimize Bids Every Hour Of The Day
- Target’s Mobile Site Shows The Value Of An SEO Spring Clean (Sorry, Target!)
- LinkedIn Gives Search A Promotion By Adding Better Post Results & Richer, Personalized Listings
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 steps to visualizing your data, www.cardinalpath.com
- Mobile Analytics Predictions for 2015, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Research Shows Metrics Marketers Think Matter Most, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Three Ways Big Data Will Change Marketing Offers in 2015, www.chiefmarketer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 of the Most Successful B2B Blog Post Themes, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Eye Catching Post Titles which will Lure People to Your Forum, www.yourforumblog.com
- Guest Blogging in 2015 and Beyond, www.iacquire.com
- Top 10 HOT Sources to Find Guest Writers for your Blog, upcity.com
- What Should You Expect From Your Business Blog?, www.b2binboundmarketer.com
- 10 Tools That Amplify Your Content Reach, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 4 Things Entrepreneurs Can Learn about Content MaCaterpillarrketing from, growmap.com
- 7 Ways Content Marketers Can Bake-In Content Promotion, www.goinflow.com
- Dazzle & Connect With Your Audience with these 7 Storytelling Strategies, www.problogger.net
- How Should Content Marketing Impact Your Selling?, www.marketingtechblog.com
- How to Build a Culture of Content and Transform Your Marketing, contently.com
- How To Get Your Team To Create More Consistent Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The 5 Pillars of Successful Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Future of Content Marketing Looks Like This, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Why Super Bowl Content Marketing Now Involves Terrell Owens Baking Pies, contently.com
- What You Miss When You Obsess About Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Creating Great Copy for Your Website, www.blueinteractiveagency.com
- Designing A User Experience For Wearable Devices, usabilitygeek.com
- Singaporean vs. Western ecommerce design: what are the UX differences?, econsultancy.com
- GoDaddy SVP explains why new TLDs are struggling, domainnamewire.com
- A Step-By-Step Introduction to Amazon Product Ads, www.ppchero.com
- Alibaba blocks the sale of unsafe consumer goods to the U.S., www.internetretailer.com
- Attention Retailers: You Are Now A Warehouse, adexchanger.com
- Chinese Laundry’s omnichannel approach drives 54% jump in mcommerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How simplifying online grocery shopping leads to big business, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 Actionable Tips For Growth Hacking Your Email List, www.impactbnd.com
- 6 Triggered Email Strategies for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Email Personalization: Learning to Crawl Before You Can Run, blog.movableink.com
- How – And Why – Google Inbox Could Save Mobile Email Clickthrough Rates, blog.movableink.com
- How to Create an Irresistible Email Opt-In Freebie in 48 Hours, www.lizlockard.com
- Testing 1, 2, 3? Not Email Subject Lines, www.emarketer.com
General Internet Marketing
- A Serial Success: Podcast Hype Bodes Well For The Future Of Digital Audio Ads, adexchanger.com
- The Science of Digital Marketing, www.searchengineguide.com
- App Annie Raises $55 Million Series D, Launches New Product For Tracking App Usage, TechCrunch
- Apple adds Games for Kids sub-section to App Store, 9to5mac.com
- EBay exec says mobile loyalty missteps are driving away consumers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google launches Chrome Remote Desktop for iOS, venturebeat.com
- Mobile is more than a sales channel, www.internetretailer.com
- Optimove Adds Real-Time Capabilities to Mobile Marketing Platform, www.adweek.com
- Web Push Notifications: Delivering a Richer Web Experience, www.silverpop.com
- Why Local Marketing Is a Function of Commerce, Not Media, streetfightmag.com
- How to Build Consumer Trust Online and Offline, relevance.com
- How Twitter Activity Ahead of Fall Season Premieres Could Indicate Success, www.nielsen.com
- 12 Twitter Stats to Help You Get More Conversions, www.adweek.com
- 5 Steps to a Smarter LinkedIn Network, blog.wiredadvisor.com
- Best Practices in Recovering From a Social Media Mistake, blog.getresponse.com
- Brands Compete During College Football Championship, adage.com
- Facebook Will Start Showing Mobile AMBER Alerts To Help Find Missing Kids, techcrunch.com
- Here’s What Happened On Twitter After The U.K. PM Said He Wants To Ban Encryption, techcrunch.com
- How to Build an Outreach Strategy to Earn More Social Shares, blog.bufferapp.com
- How to create brilliant customer experiences for B2B on social, econsultancy.com
- How to Spot Trends On Instagram – Before It’s Too Late, blog.hootsuite.com
- How to Structure a Perfect LinkedIn Profile, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How We Got 10,000 Pageviews and a PA 48 Link from Reddit in 2 Weeks, www.nichepursuits.com
- Should You Use Interest Targeting of Your Organic Facebook Posts?, www.jonloomer.com
- Social networks deliver for retailers, but at a price, www.internetretailer.com
- Social Seniors 5x More Likely to use #Facebook than #Twitter, www.adweek.com
- Someone built a “Choose Your Own Adventure” game out of Twitter accounts, and it’s surprisingly cool, qz.com
- Twitter Pitches Agencies On Syndication Ads, New Homescreen, adage.com
- Which Is Better for Professional Use, LinkedIn or Facebook?, www.blogherald.com
- A guide to Twitter Promoted Video, blog.twitter.com
- Making Super Bowl Advertising Work on YouTube, www.adknowledge.com
- Ready for primetime? The biggest challenges facing programmatic video, digiday.com