Marketing Day: Facebook Attribution, brand safety best practices, gender stereotypes in ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Two months in, Facebook Attribution gets mixed reviews
Jan 29, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Some advertisers are gaining valuable insights from the tool since its release in November, but others aren’t as impressed.
- 2019 Marketing Trends
Jan 29, 2019 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing isn’t what it used to be. There’s big data, artificial intelligence, GDPR and agile workflows. All which ladder up to the holy grail of creating an ever-better customer experience. If you want to compete in this rapid digital world, you need to make your customers happy. Constantly.
- Best practices for a new era of brand safety
Jan 29, 2019 by Danny Macdonald
A good brand safety initiative should not be limited to the basic standards set by technology partners but a more comprehensive discussion of the brand’s needs.
- Are brands behind the times when it comes to gender stereotypes in ads?
Jan 28, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
A new report from Kantar finds marketers don’t believe they’re portraying people in a stereotypical manner, but ad targeting stats tell a different story.
- Data: Walmart wins holiday store visits, Sears’ failure is likely JCPenney and Kohl’s gain
Jan 28, 2019 by Greg Sterling
Mobile location data reveal shopping patterns and competitive insights that marketers can exploit.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- New survey finds cable cord-cutting is popular across the US
Jan 29, 2019 by Barry Levine
For marketers, this points to acceleration of the trend where all TV program services could become, essentially, over-the-top (OTT) and delivered via the Net.
- Meet Netflix, NPR, and The New York Times at MarTech
Jan 29, 2019 by Scott Brinker
The New York Times, NPR, Adobe, JP Morgan Chase, Nordstrom, Netflix, and Zillow have all mastered the three pillars of martech success: marketing, technology, and management. And what’s more — they’re eager to share their knowledge, experiences, and lessons learned to help you overcome your own workplace challenges.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A new way to think about online video’s role in the purchase funnel , Think with Google
- A Survey-based Marketing Campaign for Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- Agile Marketing Your Way Through the Next Recession, CMS Wire
- Choice: The Ingredient That Drives Higher Mobile Engagement Across All Marketing Use Cases, Street Fight
- Exclusive: Snapchat weighs what was once unthinkable – permanent snaps, Reuters
- Eye-Opening YouTube Stats and Facts (2019), Kinsta
- Facebook Moves to Block Ad Transparency Tools, ProPublica
- Why TV ad buyers don’t yet see connected TV threatening linear TV budgets, Digiday
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.