Marketing Day: Facebook Attribution, WhatsApp ads, measuring engagement
Amy Gesenhues on November 12, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Attribution deep dive: Democratizing attribution for digital marketers
Nov 12, 2018 by Simon Poulton
Facebook has put aside any platform bias and now there is a way to compare performance across platforms.
- WhatsApp ads are coming: Will advertisers start buying?
Nov 12, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Social media marketing agencies and platforms weigh in on Facebook’s plan to further monetize its encrypted messaging app.
- Last chance: Save $450 on a seat at SMX West
Nov 12, 2018 by Marketing Land
Results-obsessed marketers are attending SMX® West for actionable SEO and SEM tactics and strategies. Join them January 30-31 in San Jose for: 30+ tactic-rich sessions and inspirational keynotes Networking events where you’ll meet speakers and peers Guaranteed white-hat tactics from trusted practitioners Top-shelf amenities that make attending productive and convenient, including hot meals, WiFi and more.
- The disastrous consequences of measuring engagement
Nov 12, 2018 by Nate Elliott
The engagement metric is steering social media marketers very wrong. Here’s what you should be doing instead.
- TAG-certified ad channels shown to reduce invalid traffic by more than 80 percent, again
Nov 9, 2018 by Barry Levine
The second annual report on the efforts by this anti-fraud industry group finds that agencies, ad platforms and publishers following its guidelines reduced this fraud to under two percent.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- The MarTech Minute: Cadent’s addressable TV platform; AdRoll buys Growlabs; more
Nov 9, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The martech week in review: News and announcements in marketing technology this week that you might have missed.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 42% of holiday shoppers turning to mobile this year, Retail Dive
- Ad Targeting Has Leveled Out. Only Content Can Save You Now, CMS Wire
- Gated vs. Non-Gated Content: Why, How and When?, Vertical Measures
- How and Why to File a Facebook Trademark Infringement Report (Steps), Kinsta
- New ways to create and watch VR videos, YouTube Creator Blog
- Once $500k, Snapchat’s AR ads are now cheap and luring in smaller advertisers, Digiday
- The Potential Unintended Consequences of Article 13, YouTube Creator Blog
- Using Google Analytics to Compete with Amazon, Practical Ecommerce
- What Is Privacy Forward and Why Does it Matter for Marketers?, Marketo
- Why your brand needs a voice strategy now — and how you can get it , Think with Google