Marketing Day: Facebook e-commerce trends, Cranberry.FM & Twitter earnings report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Musical chairs: where do beacons fit in the retail sensor landscape?
Apr 27, 2016 by Florent Peyre
As more retailers adopt beacon technology, columnist Florent Peyre believes it’s only a matter of time before it becomes ubiquitous. How will you incorporate this new tech into your marketing strategy?
- 4 key Facebook trends e-commerce advertisers need to know in 2016
Apr 27, 2016 by Andrew Waber
Columnist Andrew Waber dives into advertising activity on Facebook and uncovers several trends to help you plan ahead and improve performance.
- Oracle’s Marketing Cloud adds account-based marketing and boosts AddThis interest targeting
Apr 27, 2016 by Barry Levine
New capabilities build on what the company sees as its biggest competitive asset: data.
- Sharpen your SEO, SEM and social media marketing skills with an SMX Advanced workshop
Apr 27, 2016 by Marketing Land
SMX Advanced offers you several digital marketing “master class” workshops to sharpen your skills on specific search marketing topics. Register for a pre-conference workshop today and get a full day of in-depth learnings in SEO, PPC, international search, in-house search or local search — all taught by real-life search marketing ninjas!
- From the Editor’s Desk: Why we’re becoming believers in Facebook Live
Apr 27, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this month’s column, Editor-In-Chief Matt McGee offers more anecdotal evidence that Facebook is going to own the world of live video.
- 14 times Facebook has tried to be Snapchat
Apr 27, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook may not have been able to buy Snapchat, but that hasn’t stopped the social network from co-opting many of the messaging app’s features.
- About.com takes new direction with launch of standalone health website Verywell.com
Apr 27, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
In addition to a content team made up of 120 health experts, About.com has hired Dr. David Katz as its first senior medical advisor.
- How to win on Amazon: Tips for successful keyword strategies
Apr 27, 2016 by Benjamin Spiegel
Looking to step up your Amazon strategy? Columnist Benjamin Spiegel offers some effective keyphrase techniques to help you to optimize product pages and grow results.
- WebmasterRadio.FM acquired by Cranberry & relaunches as Cranberry.FM
Apr 27, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
While no financial terms of the deal were released, Cranberry says WebmasterRadio’s founders and production team will stay on board.
- Hit more content marketing home runs with these 4 lessons from 300+ campaigns
Apr 27, 2016 by Kerry Jones
Columnist Kerry Jones looks at three years of data to uncover characteristics of winning content and discusses what marketers can learn.
- Twitter misses revenue estimates as brand advertising biz weakens
Apr 26, 2016 by Tim Peterson
After years of audience growth struggles, Twitter’s ad business is now having a hard time, particularly with brand advertisers.
- Apple posts revenue miss of $50.6 billion but sells more iPhones than expected
Apr 26, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The company sold 51.2 million iPhones for a total of $32.8 billion in revenue.
- Predictive lead scorer 6sense launches SearchSense to reveal which companies are conducting specific B2B searches
Apr 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
It’s not new intent data for 6sense, but it’s now being made available earlier in the process to clients.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google adds Merchant Center Feed Rules to make formatting shopping feeds easier
- Sharpen your SEO, SEM and social media marketing skills with a SMX Advanced workshop
- How to succeed with pay-per-call marketing in a mobile-first world
- Searching for searchers: Audiences are the new keywords
- Copyright bully Getty Images complains to EU that Google coerced it into image search
- Trend observation: branded PPC ads getting more expensive
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to get your affiliate programme match-fit for 2016, blog.affiliatewindow.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Beyond the Blog, contently.com
- How to Make Money When Your Blog is Brand New: A Practical Guide, www.blogtyrant.com
- Marissa Mayer gives a hedge fund four seats on Yahoo’s board, clearing the way for a sale of the company, qz.com
- 10 Ways to Engage Your Audience with Interactive Content, blog.marketo.com
- 24 Plays That Will Up Your Content Marketing Game, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for May 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Content marketing: The right (& wrong) question, www.portent.com
- How to Create a Case Study to Wow Your Visitors, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Write Subheads that Hook (and Re-hook) Your Readers, www.copyblogger.com
- New Seismic/MarketingProfs Report Highlights Discrepancy Between Sales and Marketing Content Quality, seismic.com
- Portrait of a Content Marketer, unbounce.com
- The Hidden Value of Content Marketing, www.webinknow.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Create Influence with Your Writing, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Tools And Resources For Editing, Converting And Optimizing SVGs, www.smashingmagazine.com
- 50 Brands Publish Brand TLD Use Cases, authenticweb.com
- How Much To Budget For A Premium Domain Name, dotweekly.com
- Amazon names Doug Gurr UK country manager, www.reuters.com
- Amazon to Bring Same-Day Delivery to Roxbury After Outcry, www.bloomberg.com
- Court holds Amazon liable for years of unauthorized in-app purchases made by kids, techcrunch.com
- EBay exec: Mobile innovation enhances transactions, research capabilities for customers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- eBay shares rise 5% after beating earnings expectations, techcrunch.com
- Ecommerce Imperative for Today’s Luxury Brands, www.emarketer.com
- 7 Ways to Step Up Your Email Marketing Game in 2016, www.toprankblog.com
- Consumer Device Preferences for Email Marketing, blog.movableink.com
- Email Analytics Vendor Acquires Content Marketing Firm, www.cmswire.com
- Email privacy bill headed for House approval, www.reuters.com
- How to Interpret Your Email Marketing Results (Without Spending All Day Doing It), blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Measure the Business Impact of Your Email Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Marketers Choose Responsive Email Templates Over Fluid Hybrid Design, www.emarketer.com
General Internet Marketing
- ‘Managing egos’: Brands confess their biggest challenges, digiday.com
- Don’t Get Caught Behind With Your Digital Strategies, www.cmswire.com
- How to Build Unique Strategies for Creative Influencer Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Complete Guide to Influencer Marketing, blog.bufferapp.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Certain Launches EventStream, a Comprehensive Event App Suite for Marketing Automation Solutions, www.businesswire.com
- LiveRamp Expands Data Onboarding Service to United Kingdom and France, www.businesswire.com
- Research Reveals Predictive Analytics Drives Revenue Growth, radius.com
- Marketing Technology Industry Sees Growing Consolidation, www.emarketer.com
- Announcing the Mobile Data Plan API, youtube-eng.blogspot.com
- Execs Look to Mobile-Focused Technology to Create More Effective Campaigns, www.emarketer.com
- IDC: Smartphone shipments flat for the first time; Samsung widens lead over Apple in Q1 2016, VentureBeat
- Messaging bots won’t replace apps, qz.com
- Multi-Device Shopping is Huge in These Countries and Regions, multichannelmerchant.com
- The Foundations of Mobile Landscape: 352 companies, $28B investment, $405B current value, venturebeat.com
- What drives mobile loyalty these days?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 10 Must-Know Facebook Ads Tips & Features, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 3 Surprising Lessons for Marketers from the Future of Social, simplymeasured.com
- 7 Takeaways From Cision’s ‘State of the Media’ Report, contently.com
- Brands, You Gotta Be More Than Robots on Social Media, www.cmswire.com
- Five Steps to Measuring Your Social Media ROI, adage.com
- How luxury brands should engage on Instagram and Snapchat, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Create Amazing Facebook and Twitter Ads, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Maximize Facebook Lead Ads, www.adweek.com
- How to Use the Pinterest Bulk Editor to Create Promoted Pins, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Innovation Spotlight Winners: Creativity Category, www.facebook.com
- The rise of ‘micro-influencers’ on Instagram, digiday.com
- As Social Shifts To Video, Content Creators Win Power And Dollars, www.buzzfeed.com
- Live videos help overseas brands sell online in China, www.internetretailer.com
- Welcome to the 6ix: YouTube Space Toronto opens today, youtubecreator.blogspot.com