Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Facebook face recognition tech, a year in martech & digital ad trends for 2018
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Supercharge your email marketing with Google AdWords
Dec 19, 2017 by Todd Saunders
Columnist Todd Saunders explains how to use AdWords Customer Match to nurture your email marketing leads at various stages in the funnel.
- How authentication can be a compelling branding asset
Dec 19, 2017 by Davor Sutija
Contributor Davor Sutja urges marketers to employ technology that can demonstrate the authenticity of their brand and its products.
- 3 inconsistencies in Yelp’s review solicitation crackdown
Dec 19, 2017 by Brian Patterson
Yelp has taken a hard line against review solicitation, but columnist Brian Patterson believes the company may be taking it too far.
- Facebook begins using face recognition tech to help users better manage their identity on the platform
Dec 19, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Users will now be able to locate images they may appear in even if they haven’t been tagged in the photo.
- Calling all marketers: Our top mobile marketing columns of the year
Dec 19, 2017 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
Which mobile trends caught our readers’ attention this year? Our most popular mobile marketing columns covered topics ranging from mobile optimization to voice search and more.
- Test-and-learn steps for agencies
Dec 19, 2017 by Rex Briggs
Columnist Rex Briggs explains his process for unlocking more potential for your clients through tests-and-learns.
- 2017: The year in martech
Dec 19, 2017 by Barry Levine
So many corners were turned this past year, we are now looking right at marketing and ad tech that increasingly resembles us.
- Digital advertising in 2018: 5 trends to watch
Dec 19, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Evolving capabilities and changing regulatory dynamics will affect how marketers connect with and engage customers and prospects in 2018.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Equifax and beyond: How data breaches shaped 2017
Dec 19, 2017 by Robin Kurzer
Could this be a turning point in the way we handle PII data in the future?
- Practical advice for planning a CRM marketing stack upgrade
Dec 19, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Looking to upgrade your martech stack to make the most of your marketing capabilities? Columnist Jose Cebrian has some tips to ensure a smooth transition.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Email Tactics to Make Life Easier for Shoppers, Practical Ecommerce
- Amplify Your Top-Performing Assets With This 3-Step Curation Process, Content Marketing Institute
- Buzzword to brand necessity: Best practices for using AR in marketing, Mobile Marketer
- DAM: The Future of Content, CMS Wire
- Google will turn on native ad-blocking in Chrome on February 15, TechCrunch
- Holiday 2017 may show strongest growth since 2010, Retail Dive
- How Instagram’s new features will impact organic reach, Digiday
- How to Create a Video for Marketing: 3 Steps for Beginners, MarketingProfs
- PI Predictions: Machine Learning to Play Vital Role in Email Marketing, Movable Ink Blog
- Study Reveals Consumers Want Loyalty Program Shift, Multichannel Merchant