Marketing Day: Facebook Fights Video Piracy, Smartphone Report & Account-Based Marketing
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Passes Milestone: 1 Billion Users In A Day
CEO Mark Zuckerberg reports that the social network was used by more than 1 billion people on Monday.
- Facebook Signals That It Will Start Cracking Down On Video Piracy
Responding to criticism of rampant “freebooting,” the social network says it’s testing a new system to improve its video matching technology and create a stronger barrier against pirates.
- Wistia Video Marketing Platform Launches Enterprise Plan For Large-Scale Businesses
Starting at $300 a month, the new plan offers video analytics, unlimited hosting and integration with HubSpot, Marketo and Pardot.
- Google Debuts New In-App Interstitial Designs For App Install And Text Ads
The new designs are available on AdMob via AdWords and DoubleClick Ad Exchange.
- IDC: Smartphone Growth Slows, Apple Watch Now #2 Wearable After Fitbit
China’s stock market crash has inserted fear and doubt into the global economy over the past week. A faltering Chinese market could also have a major impact on hardware device sales, especially smartphones.
- Burger King’s Call For A One-Day Truce With McDonald’s Is Rebuffed
McDonald’s is losing the social media burger war after declining Burger King’s McWhopper olive branch.
- BuzzFeed Strikes First Global Agency Deal With WPP’s GroupM
The non-exclusive partnership will give WPP agencies access to data, creative teams and preferential media pricing.
- Just Having A Mobile-Friendly Site Isn’t Enough To Ensure It Shows In Search
If you think having a mobile-friendly site is all you need for mobile SEO, think again. Columnist Bryson Meunier explains how businesses can go beyond just being mobile-friendly.
- Account-Based Marketing: Back To Basics
Worried that your advertising isn’t working or that your website is weak? Then it’s time to start using account-based marketing, advises columnist Peter Isaacson. He lays out three key components to get you started with ABM.
- Twitter B2B Top-Dog Targeting: Thursday’s Psychographic Hot House
Ever had a product or service to promote to the C-Suite within a large corporation and wish you could reach the CEO, CFO, CMO or all of the above?
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- New AdWords Structured Snippet Extension Is Rolling Out
- Google Comes Out Swinging, Denies All Antitrust Charges In Shopping Search
- How To Save On SEO Without Being Cheap
- Swapped Out: Losing A Google Direct Answer [Case Study]
- Twitter B2B Top-Dog Targeting: Thursday’s Psychographic Hot House
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Things to Analyze Before You Partner With an Influencer, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Crazy Simple Steps for Tracking Your Social ROI, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- How Can We Really Measure The ROI of Optimization?, conversionxl.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Strengths of a Tantalizingly Good Blogger, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Turn Bloggers (and Other Influencers) Into Your Brand Champions, www.marketingprofs.com
- How The Content Giants Are Tackling Global Markets, techcrunch.com
- Use Google to look up weird coding terms? You could end up working there, qz.com
- 12+ Ways to Use Web Analytics for Better Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for September 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Ways That Fortune 500 Companies Will Leverage Content Marketing In The Future, www.adweek.com
- How US sports leagues use content marketing to increase fans and drive business, econsultancy.com
- Poor Sales Enablement Will Get Your Content Manager Fired, www.cmswire.com
- Semantic Correlation in Google Means Brands with the Right Strategies Build Better Content, www.rimmkaufman.com
- Why Personalization Is the Next Wave of Content Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 6 Landing Page Tips and Tricks, www.silverpop.com
- How to Set Up and Run an A/B Test, blog.returnpath.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Essential Trust Signals For Your Website To Follow, www.koozai.com
- Craft a Perfect Logo with Tips from Most Recognized Brands, smallbiztrends.com
- What Marketing Can Learn From User Experience, www.marketingprofs.com
- E-Commerce Is Coming to Car Dashboards. Identity Thieves Too, adage.com
- PayPal raises prices for U.S. merchants, www.internetretailer.com
- There’s still time for web retailers to profit from back-to-school promotions, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 steps to email success at Christmas: part two, econsultancy.com
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL): FAQ, sendgrid.com
- How to Choose the Right Colors and Fonts for Your Emails, blogs.constantcontact.com
- The Pros, Cons, and Costs of the Top 5 Email Marketing Platforms, contently.com
- Will GIF-Powered Emails Get More People RSVP’ing for Events?, www.adweek.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Visual Trends Marketers Need to Know About, contently.com
- Authority Marketing: How To Measure Up In Front of Customers, smallbiztrends.com
- Plotting Your Global Marketing Success, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Better Customer Marketing Data with Smart Technology Use, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Localytics and Marketo Integrate Mobile and Web Marketing Automation, www.martechadvisor.com
- App-Install Ads Are A Mainstay Of The New Mobile Economy, www.forbes.com
- Digesting Yelp Photos Just Got Easier: Now Browse by Category, officialblog.yelp.com
- How Hospitality Brands Balance Global and Local in Their Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- How Marketers Can Survive in the War on Mobile Ad Blocking, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Huawei brings online smartphone brand Honor to Europe, www.reuters.com
- Siri serves saucy answers when asked about Apple’s upcoming event, digiday.com
- Why Apple Watch Rings the Death Knell of the ‘Mobile’ Marketing Channel, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Lion Killer Faces Huge Online Reputation Issues, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 of the Biggest Changes to Facebook Ads in 2015, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 8 Ways to Use Google+ Hangouts for Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Daily, Weekly, Monthly Social Media Checklist, blog.bufferapp.com
- Facebook and Google Want You to Do More With Those Photos, blogs.wsj.com
- Facebook Might Drive More Traffic than Google: Should You Care?, simplymeasured.com
- Five seriously creative Snapchat campaigns and their results, econsultancy.com
- Getting Your Fans and Followers to Share Visual Content, www.compukol.com
- How To Change A Twitter Handle, www.hiregun.co
- Insta-Ads: Facebook Brings Instagram Ads to Life, www.searchinfluence.com
- Is Instagram About to Become the Traffic-Driving Platform of CMOs’ Dreams?, contently.com
- LinkedIn Pulse: 9 Lessons & Changes in LinkedIn Publishing, www.smallbusinessideasblog.com
- LinkedIn Sending Out “Connections in the News” Emails?, www.adweek.com
- You can now post full-size landscape and portrait photos on Instagram, www.theverge.com
- How Buzzfeed is Taking Over the World – One Video at a Time, www.reelseo.com
- Marketing via Periscope and Meerkat, www.adweek.com
- NFL’s Twitter Video Deal Came And Its Deal With Facebook Went, techcrunch.com
- The UK may require social networks to add warnings to autoplay videos, digiday.com
- Why live streaming is important for Facebook, digiday.com
- YouTube’s New Gaming Platform Already Looks Like a Big Hit With Advertisers, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.