Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Facebook For Nonprofits, Twitter’s New Customer Service Tools & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Launches Website For Nonprofits
Feb 18, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook has launched a website that teaches nonprofits how to better utilize the site.
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Laura Patterson, President & Co-Founder, VisionEdge Marketing
Feb 18, 2016 by Marketing Land
How Marketers Can Earn Better Grades From The C-Suite
- Facebook Strengthens Video Metrics Interface & Adds New Data Points
Feb 18, 2016 by Greg Finn
New video metrics will help brands gain more data on how long videos were watched and whether they were consumed with the sound on or off.
- You’re Invited To SocialPro, The Premier Social Media Conference Of 2016
Feb 18, 2016 by Marketing Land
Social media continues to be a massive opportunity, but the landscape is evolving quickly, and true success is difficult to find, even for experienced marketers. Whether you are struggling with what channels to focus on this year or how to optimize content creation and paid media, 2016 is a critical year for social marketers.
- Twitter Launches New Customer Service Feedback And Engagement Tools For Businesses
Feb 18, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New features are designed to make customer service simpler and more satisfying on the social network.
- Quick Wins To Beat The SEO Waiting Game
Feb 18, 2016 by Dan Bagby
Even though SEO is a long-term investment, marketers often feel pressured to show progress quickly. Columnist Dan Bagby provides some ideas for quick wins that can show value while waiting for your longer-term initiatives to start gaining traction.
- 5 Link-Building Techniques You’ve Been Neglecting
Feb 18, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
Tired of the same old link-building tactics? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya suggests some creative ideas to improve your link-building efforts.
- A Primer On Automating AdWords With Structured Data
Feb 18, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys explains several ways you can use structured data to create relevant and customized PPC search ads.
- Understand Your Customer For Free
Feb 18, 2016 by Scott Rayden
Columnist Scott Rayden shares several data sources that can help you build that holistic view of your customer — without spending any extra money.
- 7 Billion People, One Story: The Power of Content Curation
Feb 18, 2016 by Jordan Kretchmer
Marketers are under more pressure than ever to create content that engages their brand’s audience. Contributor Jordan Kretchmer suggests you stop relying solely on original creations and instead embrace the content your audience is making and sharing.
- MoPub: Fortune 1000 Brands Spent More On In-App Ads Than Performance Advertisers In Q4
Feb 18, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Increased participation in private marketplace transactions and added native and video ad supply helped propel brand spend.
- Tapjoy Beefs Up Its MarTech/AdTech Mobile Combo With New Ad Partners
Feb 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
Bidding advertisers through MoPub, AerServ and Fyber will now get a shot at app inventory through Tapjoy.
- Cosmo’s Editor Suggests Brands Will Be Able To Sell Products Through Snapchat Discover
Feb 17, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Joanna Coles says Hearst’s “Sweet” channel on Snapchat Discover will eventually evolve into an e-commerce platform.
- Call Tracking And Analytics 101
Feb 17, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
US consumers will make more than 100 billion mobile calls to businesses this year. Nearly two out of three consumers say it’s very — or extremely — important to be able to call a business during their purchase journey. Call tracking and analytics have become a marketing technology “must-have” as a result.
- US E-Commerce Sales Jump 14.7% YoY In Holiday Quarter
Feb 17, 2016 by Matt McGee
Census Bureau says online accounted for 7.5 percent of all retail sales in the US during Q4.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- New In AdWords: Stage Campaign Changes In Drafts, Test Changes In Experiments
- Search Agency Metrics That Matter
- Since 2013 Bing’s Share Up 5 Points, Ask & AOL Going Way Of The BlackBerry
- Everything Should Not Be A Blog Post: Start Using Silos
- Tell Google Why You Want More Than 90 Days Of Search Analytics Data
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Success Metrics in a World Without Twitter Share Counts, moz.com
- The Best Results Aren’t Always the Hard Numbers, www.dmnews.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Quitting Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- Hat Tip to Blog Promotion, seocopywriting.com
- Nose Blindness – How To Tell if Your Blog Stinks, pushingsocial.com
- Apple Letter on iPhone Security Draws Muted Tech Industry Response, www.nytimes.com
- Google CEO Pichai Lends Apple Support on Encryption, blogs.wsj.com
- 8 Ways to Market Your White Paper, www.copypress.com
- A Marketer’s Guide to User-Generated Content Rights and Ownership, www.convinceandconvert.com
- B2B Buyers’ Favorite Content Types and Channels, www.marketingprofs.com
- Content marketing on crack—a proven system for getting more done, ProBlogger
- Nasdaq’s Content Marketing Strategy Secret Sauce, www.toprankblog.com
- Publisher Tips: Plan your content around the calendar, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Take Your Content From Albatross to Asset: 18 Experts Tell How, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Guide to Local Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Tips For Converting Social Users Into Website Traffic, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Beginner’s Guide To Creating A WordPress Website, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Three UX Principles That Help Your Website Do Its Job Right, www.marketingprofs.com
- What Is the True Cost of Building and Managing a WordPress Website?, www.copyblogger.com
- BrandShield takes a different strategy in a world of many TLDs, domainnamewire.com
- Tesla finally acquires Tesla.com domain name, domainnamewire.com
- Shopify Soars as Holiday Surge Pushes Revenue Past Estimates, www.bloomberg.com
- The online shopper now judges the retail supply chain, www.internetretailer.com
- Using Product Feeds for B2B Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What are Cross-Border Millennials’ Online Shopping Preferences?, multichannelmerchant.com
- What PayPal’s lower mobile conversion rates mean for retailers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to write email copy that converts, myemma.com
- Popup Emails, Easy Tricks to Increase Captures by Over 150%, ignitevisibility.com
- Retailers’ email volumes soar in Q4, www.internetretailer.com
- Use Your Podcast to Build an Email List, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why and How to Collect Emails Using Your Website, raventools.com
General Internet Marketing
- Account based Marketing: a Revolutionary New Strategy for B2B Marketers, www.martechadvisor.com
- Avoid Making These 10 Digital Marketing Blunders, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Marketers Can Earn Better Grades From The C-Suite, chiefmartec.com
- How to Do Influencer Marketing, www.blogherald.com
- How To Reward Your Brand Advocates (Without Money), www.searchenginepeople.com
- Marketing Made Sexy: How to Market a Boring Industry, authoritylabs.com
- Personalization remains a missed opportunity for many marketers, blog.movableink.com
- What Stops Marketers from Deriving Value from Data-Driven Efforts, www.emarketer.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Undertone Appoints Mike Pallad as Chief Revenue Officer, www.prnewswire.com
- Continuum to Unveil New Corporate Headquarters at Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, media.continuum.net
- We’re Bringing Data to Downloadable Content With a New Acquisition, contently.com
- New Alignable Rankings Shed Light on What SMBs Really Think of Tech Vendors, streetfightmag.com
- How small to midsize businesses can benefit from mobile marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- PayPal Overhauls Its Mobile App, techcrunch.com
- Survey: SMBs Beefing Up Local Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- The 7 Deadly Sins of Mobile Performance Marketing, www.tune.com
- The state of mobile commerce and what the future holds, www.retaildive.com
- Yahoo Holds Mobile Developer Conference in San Francisco, yahoo.tumblr.com
- “Snapchat Snap-thropology – How Consumers are Really Using Snapchat”, www.martechadvisor.com
- 5 Clever Uses of LinkedIn for Unique Customer Experiences, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Barack Obama: Ruler of the Free (Instagram) World, www.adweek.com
- Content Marketing vs. Native Advertising: Which Is More Effective on Social?, www.adweek.com
- Everything You Need to Know About The Latest Twitter Features (And Some Thoughts on Its Future), blog.bufferapp.com
- Facebook’s Latest News Feed Tweak Boosts Reach, Hurts Engagement (Report), www.adweek.com
- Here’s the Latest Sign Snapchat Is Everywhere: It’s Getting Into Short Films, www.adweek.com
- How to Advertise on LinkedIn, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Get Customers to “Like” You More on Social Media, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Shush Your Customers’ Twitter Complaints, www.cmswire.com
- How to Successfully Advertise Your Business on Instagram, www.seerinteractive.com
- Marketing via Snapchat: Who’s Doing It and How?, smallbiztrends.com
- New Website for Nonprofits on Facebook Helps People Do More Good, www.facebook.com
- Pinterest Analytics: a quick walk-through, yoast.com
- Social Media Advertising Isn’t Just for the Big Dogs: A Beginner’s Guide to Social Ads, www.martechadvisor.com
- Three dark social channels with a billion active users & how to use them, econsultancy.com
- Twitter Has More Users Than Facebook – in Japan, blogs.wsj.com
- Twitter will now let you record and share videos in Direct Messages, www.theverge.com
- Why Consistency Matters for Brands on Social – and What You Can Do, simplymeasured.com
- 10 Tools, Tactics, and Tips to Create Facebook Video Ads That Drive Business, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Future of Online Video: Make it Quick & Compelling, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Video, 3-D Content Hold AR Appeal in Japan, www.emarketer.com