Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Facebook Instant Articles update, Google Display Network & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Compare 14 marketing automation platforms
Sep 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Although email marketing continues to be a core capability for B2B marketing automation platforms, the market is rapidly evolving from an email marketing focus to integrated marketing functionality that provides multichannel data collection and storage, campaign development and execution, and ROI analysis and reporting.
- Facebook will stop displaying Instant Articles within Messenger
Sep 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger added support for Instant Articles 14 months ago, but 14 months ago, Facebook’s proprietary format had fewer problems.
- Resulticks’ marketing platform now offers a new channel: Voice agent
Sep 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Singapore-based company says this is the first voice agent integrated with a full customer life cycle.
- Companies must pay more attention to how they manage their martech stacks, says Allocadia’s marketing VP
Sep 12, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Sam Melnick, the VP of Marketing for Allocadia, will be a part of the ‘How a $1B Startup Runs Marketing to Lead Digital Transformation’ panel at MarTech Boston.
- Google Display Network: An optimization and fraud-avoidance guide
Sep 12, 2017 by Ratko Vidakovic
Columnist Ratko Vidakovic highlights issues that can potentially arise during a GDN campaign and discusses ways to optimize your display advertising campaigns to avoid fraud and reach your performance goals.
- Here’s your preview of what to expect next month at SMX East
Sep 12, 2017 by Marketing Land
Attending SMX is a bucket list item for many search marketers. Join us October 24-26 in New York City for three days of learning, 50+ sessions, 80+ dynamic and expert speakers, keynotes, exceptional networking and more. If you’re involved in SEO, SEM, social media marketing or other customer-facing activities, this is the conference for you.
- Amazon ‘1-Click’ patent expires today, get ready for faster web-wide checkout
Sep 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Reducing shopping cart abandonment represents billions in potential additional revenue for retailers.
- Facebook updates its shoppable Collection ads to mirror print catalogs
Sep 11, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Ads using Facebook’s lifestyle templates can feature full-width photos with tagged products and maps to nearby store locations.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Forbes’ Branded Content Chief Reveals Her Go-to Content Marketing Metrics, Contently
- Measuring Marketing ROI: What You Need to Know to Do It Right, MarketingProfs
- Chrome’s Plan to Distrust Symantec Certificates, Google Online Security Blog
- Facebook is testing a feature for mentorships between users, TechCrunch
- Make Mark Zuckerberg Testify, The Intercept
- 6 Keys to Killer Content Project Collaboration, Convince and Convert
- How to Create Content Personas That Help Everybody, Content Marketing Institute
- Supercharge Your Benefits with Contrast Storytelling, Copyblogger
- Amazon offers sellers lucrative holidays – if they prepare, Retail Dive
- Top 10 Resources for Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Professionals, AM Navigator
- Why Omni-Channel Shopping is Commerce’s New Reality, Shopify Plus
General Internet Marketing
- ABM: An integral part of every B2B’s growth strategy, MarTech Advisor
- Momentum Marketing: How to get the ball rolling toward a purchase decision, MarketingSherpa Blog
- The Top Qualities of Effective CMOs, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- Krush Media and Frequency Networks Sign Partnership Agreement, Leveraging Premium Sites and Content to Drive Better Digital Ad Engagement, Business Wire
- Tapad Expands APAC Team With Key Hire In Japan, PR Newswire
- GDPR is coming, and many U.S. ad tech firms aren’t ready, Digiday
- Tips, Guides, and More: The Essentials of Marketing Automation, MailChimp Blog
- Why and How Retail Marketers are Riding the AI Wave, MarTech Advisor
- Instagram Direct is a new way to share Stories, Engadget
- Smartphone Use Headed for a New Milestone in the UK, eMarketer
- Taking the Pulse of the Location Data Ecosystem, Street Fight
- 3 Ways Social Media Can Help You Grow Your Business, Constant Contact
- 5 Important LinkedIn Updates for Marketing Professionals, Marketo
- 5 Tools To Maximize Your Engagements On Social Media, Social Media Explorer
- A Quick-Start Guide to Video Content: Become Confident on Camera in 5 Steps, Copyblogger
- Engagement with Instagram Videos Is Surging, MediAvataar
- Report: Facebook to spend $1B on video programming, Mobile Marketer