Marketing Day: Facebook Leads Google In Social Logins, Microsoft’s “Do Not Track” Changes & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Extends Social Login Lead Over Google In Janrain’s Q1 Report
With strong gains on B2B and consumer brand sites, Facebook now has a 45% share. Second-place Google fell 3 percentage points to 37%.
- University Of Kentucky’s Social Team Goes Full Court Press For NCAA Final Four: “We Have All Hands On Deck”
Five questions with UK Athletics Director Of Strategic Communications.
- Microsoft Changes Course On Default “Do Not Track” Browser Setting
The company’s browsers will no longer be set with Do Not Track auto-enabled.
- Did Lord & Taylor’s Instagram Influencer Campaign Cross The Line?
Fashion bloggers paid to post pictures of themselves on Instagram wearing an identical Lord & Taylor dress didn’t follow FTC guidelines that require disclosure of material relationships.
- What Kim Kardashian Can Teach You About Building A Long-Term Audience
Instagram, Facebook and Twitter all have their place, says columnist Jordan Kretchmer, but the real win is driving people to the content and data you control.
- Will Your App Promotion Interstitial Put Your Mobile SEO At Risk?
As Google’s mobile update looms, columnist Mark Munroe believes it’s time to take a look at the drawbacks of disruptive interstitials.
- Why B2C Ad Metrics Are Ruining Your B2B Campaigns
B2B marketers have long measured the success of their marketing campaigns with metrics like CPM and CTR, but columnist Rachel Balik suggests we need to take a new approach.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Consider Interstitials When Mobile-Friendly-ing Your Site For Google
- Everything You Need To Know About Google’s New Stance On Mobile
- Search In Pics: Google Hidden Room, Yahoo 10 Year Badge & Google Partners Flyer
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 2015: The Year of the Data Nerd, www.getelastic.com
- Analytics, Big Data and … Hocus Pocus?, www.cmswire.com
- 4 Ways Content Marketing Can Help Narrate Convincing Brand Stories, www.martechadvisor.com
- 8 Super-Simple Tools You Can Use to Create Better Content , contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 8 Ways To Help Increase The Shareability Of Your Content, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Marketing Mathematics: Why Website Engagement is Where to Invest, blog.marketo.com
- Quiz: Who’s Your Content Marketing Soulmate?, contently.com
- Why Does Dell Employ a ‘Managing Editor’? (Hint: Content Marketing), adage.com
- Why Influencer Marketing is the New Content King, www.adweek.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Myths Agencies Believe about User Testing, www.usertesting.com
- Bootstrap: Design the Ideal Experience for Your Website, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Write a Press Release, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Kevin Spacey among first .sucks buyers, domainincite.com
- Startup Domain Market is Weird, dotweekly.com
- You May Have To go To Auction To Get Your Brand.Sucks Domain, www.thedomains.com
- A globe-trotting e-retailer enjoys its biggest growth at home, www.internetretailer.com
- Can Marketers Earn Back Consumers’ Trust?, www.emarketer.com
- Don’t Kill Your Sales! Top 3 Shopping Cart Turnoffs, www.marketingprofs.com
- E-Commerce Revenue From B-to-B to Hit $1.1 Trillion by 2020, adage.com
- eBay enables Chinese merchants to sell more online by storing goods abroad, www.internetretailer.com
- ebay has built a global market of sneakerheads worth more than $400 million, qz.com
- 4 Social Contests that Help You Grow Your Email List and Reach New People, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to Use Email Marketing to Build Brand Awareness, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Intelliverse Email Tracker Provides Insight Into What Happens After You Click “Send”, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Top 8 #AprilFools Emails, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 lessons from Mad Men on running an agency, econsultancy.com
- Improve Your Business Immediately (Social Media Included), heidicohen.com
- Pressure Pushing Down On CMOs, www.cmo.com
- The Most Successful Marketing Plans Have One Thing in Common, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 Tips For a Successful Customer Experience, www.martechadvisor.com
- Customer Experience Is in Urgent Need of a Fix, www.cmswire.com
- How Do You Make Sense of Too Much #MarTech?, www.cmswire.com
- Marketing tech @ Dell: sometimes it starts with paper and pencil, venturebeat.com
- The Marketing Technology Underpinnings: Growth Factors, www.martechadvisor.com
- Google says it cut Android malware in half in 2014, www.theverge.com
- 5 Ways to Use Location Data for Better Social Listening, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Are apathetic retailers killing Apple Pay in-store payments?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Dynamic Pricing for In App Games, recode.net
- Here Are the Mobile Services Millennials Can’t Live Without, streetfightmag.com
- How Much Do People Use Messaging Apps? (Hint: A Lot), www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Make Connections With Increasingly Mobile Consumers, streetfightmag.com
- What problems will the Apple Watch solve?, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 Customer-Service Tips for Brands on Facebook, www.adweek.com
- 6 Tips for Creating Quick Social Media Images, simplymeasured.com
- Answering Important Questions About Your Social Brand, www.compukol.com
- Brace Yourselves for More Enterprise Social Network Attacks, www.cmswire.com
- FINAL FOUR: Facebook Data Science Team Studies Buzz, Likes, www.adweek.com
- Here is How You Can Successfully Engage with Your Social Media Connections, www.martechadvisor.com
- How brands are Tweeting during #MarchMadness , www.Twitter.com
- New LinkedIn Security Site: Helping Members and Businesses Better Understand our Security Practices, blog.linkedin.com
- New Research: Who Follows Brands on Twitter?, simplymeasured.com
- Pinterest Acquires Hike Labs, recode.net
- Retailers Get Bragging Rights for Facebook Interaction, www.emarketer.com
- Snapchat is a Great For Online Advertising, Here’s Why, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Wall Street trader makes $2.4M — thanks to a tweet, nypost.com
- How to Win the Moments That Matter With Mobile Video, www.adweek.com
- Inside Conde Nasts’ video deals, digiday.com
- The Meerkat-Periscope live-streaming race is neck-and-neck after a crazy week, qz.com
- Watch the First Video Ad On Tinder: Video for Bud Light’s Whatever USA, adage.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.