Marketing Day: Cyber Monday results, Facebook Messenger Broadcast & Jones Soda CEO interview
Amy Gesenhues on November 28, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Cyber Monday brings in a record $6.59B in online sales, with $2B coming from mobile
Nov 28, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Adobe, this year’s Cyber Monday was the largest online shopping day in history, with sales up 16.8% over last year.
- Data fidelity matters, online and offline
Nov 28, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
If you want to be a better marketer, you need to start with clean data. Columnist Jose Cebrian discusses why clean data is essential for helping you target the right people effectively across channels.
- Facebook tests tool to make it easier for businesses to send message blasts on Messenger
Nov 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger Broadcast appears to be the self-serve version of Messenger’s Broadcast API that enables businesses to message multiple accounts.
- Bpm’online has a built-in advantage for complying with GDPR
Nov 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company’s business process management is so integral to its platform that it is represented by an acronym in its name.
- Why writing style matters for social and content marketing
Nov 28, 2017 by Mark Traphagen
When it comes to effective marketing, writing style matters — but many marketers ignore it. Columnist Mark Traphagen discusses how to cultivate a sense of style for your marketing.
- Registration for MarTech is open!
Nov 28, 2017 by Marketing Land
MarTech returns to the West Coast on April 23-25 with martech experts, awesome keynotes and an expanded Expo Hall experience that drops you directly into the center of the martech landscape! As the industry matures, 2018 brings more change and innovation.
- How a work detox led Jones Soda CEO to a path of business enlightenment
Nov 28, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
After serving as the brand’s VP of business development, CFO and COO, Jennifer Cue took a work sabbatical in Paris before accepting the role of CEO.
- Coming to terms with fake reviews
Nov 27, 2017 by Kevin Lee
In the same way that Google considers some forms of SEO to be unacceptable, they and other review sites dislike any reviews that aren’t organic — yet fake reviews are still prevalent. Columnist Kevin Lee discusses the scope of the problem and why you should resist the temptation to solicit fake reviews.
- 2-step methodology for dealing with PPC performance downturns
Nov 27, 2017 by Jeff Baum
What happens when your paid search campaigns are experiencing a sudden and unexpected performance drop? Columnist Jeff Baum shows how to handle this situation — without losing your clients’ trust.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- The CMO’s guide to AI’s marketing impact for 2018
Nov 28, 2017 by Andy Betts
Though AI in marketing is still an intangible concept for many CMOs, it will be here before you know it. Columnist Andy Betts explains how you can prepare.
- Retailers, software might be eating your lunch, but it won’t eat everything
Nov 28, 2017 by Chuck Moran
With closures and tech shifts, it looks like hard times for brick-and-mortar retailers. But columnist Chuck Moran says they need to take a page from digital advertising and understand that the human touch still matters.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Alexa developers can now use notifications, soon personalize apps based on users’ voices, TechCrunch
- Does the Perfect Email Template Exist? We Used Data to Find Out, MailChimp
- Facebook And Twitter Say They’re Ready To Cooperate With The UK Inquiry Into Russian Meddling In Brexit, BuzzFeed
- How to Build a Marketing Budget: An 8-Step Guide, MarketingProfs
- How to Generate More Leads with Analytics, Vertical Measures
- How to Turn Abandoning Visitors into Subscribers with 3 Strategies, Constant Contact
- It’s Time to Embrace Performance Marketing, Not Programmatic, Convince and Convert
- Mobile App Personalization: How To Do It Right, Usability Geek
- YouTube Go is now out of beta, Android Police
- YouTube kills ads on 50,000 channels as advertisers flee over disturbing child content, VICE News