Marketing Day: Facebook Messenger news, Google’s latest anti-fraud initiatives & YouTube advertiser tools
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook spins off ‘messages’ as standalone ad objective to boost Messenger bots
Sep 26, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook aims to make businesses more aware of ways to make people more aware of their Messenger accounts.
- How the Russian search market looks now
Sep 26, 2017 by Brendan McGonigle
Contributor Brendan McGonigle examines shifts in the Russian search market resulting from Google’s recent move to come into compliance with Russian competition law.
- The PPC challenge of selling manufacturing capability vs. stock products
Sep 26, 2017 by Dianna Huff
Google AdWords is a powerful advertising platform, but it can be tricky for companies whose products and services aren’t so clearly defined. Columnist Dianna Huff shares how she overcame this problem and got results for a small manufacturing client.
- Martech enablement series: Part 8 — Executing martech enablement
Sep 26, 2017 by Peter Ladka
In Part 8 of a nine-part series, contributor Peter Ladka discusses how your team can put its learning and experiences to work in moving your marketing organization toward digital transformation and maturity.
- Google announces new anti-fraud initiatives for DoubleClick Bid Manager
Sep 26, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The measures include a push for greater ads.txt adoption, invalid traffic reporting and automated refunds.
- Retailers, get ready: It’s the most mobile time of year
Sep 26, 2017 by Tom Mucklow
As the holidays edge closer, columnist Tom Mucklow takes a look at how marketers can improve the mobile and overall customer experience to get higher conversions this season.
- Find your target audience with YouTube video advertising
Sep 26, 2017 by Will Scott
Contributor Will Scott outlines six reasons why your business can’t afford to ignore YouTube when it comes to online marketing.
- How Valassis used bots on Facebook Messenger to drive offlline auto sales
Sep 26, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The program was successful because it also included qualified ad targeting and human follow-up.
- YouTube unveils new tools to create custom ads at scale, sequence videos & more
Sep 26, 2017 by Susan Wenograd
Director Mix can create huge numbers of ads tailored to custom audiences based on actions taken on other Google services.
- Digital billboard ads for Virgin Train display live travel times in the UK
Sep 26, 2017 by Barry Levine
The campaign creators say this is the first time traffic and location data have been shown together in an outdoor campaign.
- Keys to Driving Webinar Registration and Attendance
Sep 25, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you getting enough people to register and attend your webinars? A webinar is one of the best tools marketers have to generate leads and drive pipeline. As webinars become a bigger part of our demand generation strategy, it is more important than ever to master the science of building your webinar audience.
- Pinterest signs visual search & advertising deal with Target to license its Lens technology
Sep 25, 2017 by Tim Peterson
In a multiyear deal, Target will embed Pinterest’s visual search feature in its apps and will commit to spend an undisclosed amount on Pinterest ads.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook, NFL Strike Video Deal, Wall Street Journal
- Google, Facebook, Amazon among contributors to Trump’s education initiative, Axios
- Workplace, Facebook’s enterprise edition, snaps up Walmart as a customer, TechCrunch
- Go Interactive; Get Personal (with Your Content), Content Marketing Institute
- How to Create Evergreen Content That Lasts (17 Tips and Tricks), Kinsta
- Marketing, Content, or Editorial Calendars: Key Components, MarketingProfs
- 6 Uncommon Marketing Tactics to Try This Christmas, Practical Ecommerce
- How Blogging Boosts the Profitability of Your Ecommerce Website (and 8 Ways to Get Started), Copyblogger
- Millennials’ Shopping Habits: Preferences, Behaviors, Trends, MarketingProfs
- 7 sensational examples of abandoned cart emails, My Emma
- 78 Free Responsive Email Templates, Practical Ecommerce
General Internet Marketing
- How can brands combat a lack of consumer trust?, Econsultancy
- How EU’s ePrivacy law could impact publishers, Digiday
- The How and Why of GDPR Compliance for B2Bs, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- Act-On Software Announces Act-On for Sugar Sales & Marketing Success Package, Act-On
- IgnitionOne Integrates SCORE-POWERED(SM) Metasearch with Koddi to Drive Online Advertising Success, Globe Newswire
- Linking Context to Social Care with Spredfast + Salesforce, Spredfast
- DX Procurement: Are You Buying Frankenstein’s Monster or the Bionic Man?, CMS Wire
- The Blockchain Marketing Technology Landscape (2017), Chief Marketing Technologist
- 8 Overlooked Mobile Design Best Practices You Need to Implement, Kiss Metrics
- Where Will VR Fit Into Local Advertising? Part II, Street Fight
- Why Your Mobile Strategy Needs an App, App Annie
- The Most Popular LinkedIn Content Types, MarketingProfs
- Twitter pledges to update public policies after Trump threatens North Korea, The Verge
- What Social Trends Are Marketers Paying Attention To?, eMarketer
- 3 tips for making effective, hyper-relevant video ads at scale, Think with Google
- How to Upload a Video to YouTube from Start to Finish, Constant Contact
- IAC’s Vimeo Enters Live Video Market with Agreement to Acquire Livestream and Launch of Vimeo Live, Vimeo
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.