Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Facebook to penalize fake video posts, Quora ad news & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How to get developers to implement SEO recommendations
Aug 17, 2017 by Michael King
The best SEO strategy is meaningless if there’s no one to implement it! Columnist Michael King shares his recommendations for how to best work with your developers to get things done.
- Developing YOUR audience targeting strategy
Aug 17, 2017 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson digs into how remarketing can be used create, shape and target the most important online audience in the world: yours.
- 3 ways intent data is getting better for B2B marketers
Aug 17, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
Columnist Peter Isaacson explains how AI technologies and intent-level data are helping B2B marketers better understand their prospects and customers to stay ahead of the competition.
- Facebook will penalize fake videos in latest news feed algorithm update
Aug 17, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will target photo posts with fake click-to-play buttons and videos that are simply static images.
- Quora launches retargeting for advertisers
Aug 17, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers can build audience lists and create ads targeted to segments of past site visitors.
- Data is the new currency, but are advertisers spending wisely?
Aug 17, 2017 by Toby McKenna
Despite big investments in data, many marketers are headed into the key holiday season knowing little about their data partners or if they’re reaching the right audiences. Contributor Toby McKenna explains how to separate the data contenders from the data pretenders.
- Facebook offers in-stream-only video ad buys as it looks to rival YouTube, TV
Aug 17, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Advertisers can buy video ads from Facebook that will only be served when people are viewing a video, increasing the likelihood that people will watch them.
- Tuning into podcast sponsorship, programmatic audio and native audio sponsorships
Aug 17, 2017 by Kevin Lee
As brand dollars shift from traditional radio to digital media buying, columnist Kevin Lee explains how, just like in the early days of paid search, online audio is providing big opportunities for marketers.
- Can blockchain satisfy GDPR’s user data protection requirements for targeted ads?
Aug 17, 2017 by Barry Levine
New York City-based blockchain ad tech firm MadHive thinks so.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon reportedly owes $12.5M in taxes, Retail Dive
- Spotify Has Big Ambitions for Ad Business, Wall Street Journal
- How to Tear Down Silos to Create a Culture of Content, Content Marketing Institute
- Sponsored Posts: Why Use Them & How Far Can They Take You?, Search Engine Journal
- Underperforming Content: How to Wake It Up, Stone Temple
- Alibaba revenue surges 56%, Retail Dive
- Are Your Customers Buying What They’re Clicking On? Four Considerations for Retailers in E-Commerce, Merkle
- 5 Email Marketing Tips to Try This Week, Practical Ecommerce
- 5 Marketing Experts Share Their Top Email Writing Tips, AWeber Communications
- Email marketing checklist: What’s missing from your strategy?, My Emma
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Experts Share Advice on Preparing for GDPR, CMS Wire
- Before Your Product Launch, Try These 5 Engagement Strategies, Kiss Metrics
- Marketers Continue to Push Ahead to a More Holistic Attribution Practice, eMarketer
Internet Marketing Industry
- Data Provider Datonics Integrates with AppNexus’ Data Marketplace, PR Web
- Introducing Automated Conversational Workflows with Sprout’s Bot Builder, Sprout Social
- Onvia Announces Next-Generation SaaS and Data Platform to Help Businesses Sell More to Government, PR Newswire
- How Technology Is Revolutionizing B2B Events, Contently
- Marketing Automation: Real ROI Through Sales, Marketing & AI, MarketingProfs
- Pinterest adds pinch-to-zoom feature to mobile app, Mobile Marketer
- Shopping apps rank among most-deleted, Retail Dive
- Supercharge Your Content with Influencer Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- The Proven Mechanics of Successful Social Media Writing, Convince and Convert
- The Ultimate List of 30+ Free Instagram Tools to Grow Your Following, The Buffer Blog
- Finding and Reaching Your Best Customers on YouTube, Google Agency Blog
- Five observations from my time at YouTube, Official YouTube Blog
- Snapchat or YouTube: What You Should Prioritize for Your Business, Epicosity