Marketing Day: Facebook posting erroneous memorials, Adobe buys TubeMogul & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook is killing people, posting erroneous “Memorialized Accounts” messages
Nov 11, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Facebook may be telling you you’re dead today. It appears to be a bug that’s hitting many accounts, one that we’ve seen first hand. Below is an example of what I saw when I went to Facebook just a few minutes ago.
- Report: Most users will need multiple exposures to an app before they download
Nov 11, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The TUNE study was based on a mix of smartphone owner survey and app download data.
- Adobe turbocharges its multi-platform video ad capability with TubeMogul purchase
Nov 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
The announcement gives the Adobe Marketing Cloud buy-side video ad management across linear TV as well as desktop and mobile.
- A step-by-step guide to developing your 2017 digital marketing strategy
Nov 11, 2016 by Amy Bishop
It’s time to start thinking about your annual marketing plan. Columnist Amy Bishop presents her framework to develop a bulletproof strategy.
- Survey: 30% of Prime members order from Amazon every week
Nov 11, 2016 by Matt McGee
And even when they’re shopping on other sites, 70% of Prime members check Amazon’s prices before buying elsewhere.
- A standout content example: Budweiser and the Cubs
Nov 11, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen says content marketers should take a page from Budweiser’s recent World Series ad honoring legendary Cubs announcer Harry Caray.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #35: What is OTT TV? with guests from Adobe & Tru Optik
Nov 11, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s episode, we visit with Andre Swanston, co-founder and CEO of Tru Optik, and Campbell Foster, Director of Product Marketing at Adobe, to discuss what marketers need to know about OTT video.
- Facebook puts some limits on controversial, quasi-racial ad targeting option
Nov 11, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will reject housing-, employment- and credit-related ads from being targeted based on people’s “ethnic affinities.”
- What it’s like to use Snap Inc.’s Google Glass-like Spectacles
Nov 10, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Hands on with Snap Inc.’s video-recording sunglasses.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook buys CrowdTangle, a social analytics tool for publishers, venturebeat.com
- Six Content Performance Metrics You Can’t Live Without, www.marketingprofs.com
- Top Three Data Points for Successful Account Based Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Using ROAS to Measure Advertising Results, www.practicalecommerce.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Set Up Multiple Blogs and Why It’s Worth It, www.jeffbullas.com
- Luke Beatty departs AOL, TechCrunch
- 12 Brilliant Visual Content Tips to Lighten Up Your 2016 Holiday Marketing, librisblog.photoshelter.com
- 50 Content Marketing Ideas to Go From Rookie to Super Hero, www.blogherald.com
- B2B & Consumer Marketing Tips from the Pros, blog.marketo.com
- Creative Spotlight: How to Create Novel Content in an Information-Saturated World, www.copypress.com
- How a Newsroom Approach Helps Teams Produce Quality Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Stop Struggling with Content Marketing: A 360 Degree Approach, www.searchenginejournal.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- What Makes an Infographic Design Bad & How To Improve It, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 3 strategies for maximizing Cyber Monday online sales, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon to Reimburse Customers for In-App Purchases by Kids, Judge Says, www.wsj.com
- Chinese E-Commerce Watch – Branding Opportunities on Baidu, www.merkleinc.com
- Know your online competitors and put that knowledge to work, www.internetretailer.com
- Publishers Beware When Wading Into Ecommerce Waters, adexchanger.com
- Retailers keep rolling out early online Black Friday deals, www.internetretailer.com
- When Do US Consumers Shop for the Holidays?, www.emarketer.com
- ‘Twas the Night Before Sending: How Ebates created a compelling holiday email send in one day, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- 5 Email Marketing Automation Workflows to Build Today, www.searchenginejournal.com
- List Quality, Sender Reputation, and Inbox Success this Holiday Season, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Downward Spiral of Legacy Email Marketing, multichannelmerchant.com
- 5 Keys to Adopting Marketing Automation, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Ad tech vendors: Publishers fail to do their programmatic homework, digiday.com
- Celerant Technology Comes Out with a New Marketing Automation Platform to Help Retailers, www.martechadvisor.com
- Facebook CTO explains social network’s 10-year mission: Global connectivity, AI, VR, venturebeat.com
- How to Marry Marketing Automation with Social Advertising for B2B, blog.adstage.io
- 3 Essentials to Leverage Location on Mobile, 3qdigital.com
- Best way to get ahead on Black Friday is mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Dissecting the Most Profitable iMessage Apps, blog.appfigures.com
- Facebook Messenger chief says platform’s 34,000 chatbots are finally improving user experience, venturebeat.com
- How To Set Up Adjusted Bounce Rate on Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), www.gsqi.com
- Mobile Web Push Hastens A World Where Apps Look Like The Web And The Web Looks Like Apps, adexchanger.com
- This Small Business Saturday, It’s All About Location, www.cmswire.com
- Valuing mobile marketing in an age of ad blocking, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why app videos are critical for getting more installs, www.tune.com
- The Quickest Way to Lose Customers and Sink Your Brand, www.cmswire.com
- 5 charts: The state of Instagram advertising, digiday.com
- 79 Percent of Online Americans Use Facebook (Study), www.adweek.com
- Facebook Page Engagement Custom Audiences: Target Those Who Interact, www.jonloomer.com
- Remarketing Audiences Without Users Leaving Facebook, www.ppchero.com
- Snapchat Adds World Lenses, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Top Publishers on LinkedIn and How They Achieve Success, www.newswhip.com
- This Creative Director Explains Why Brands Should Start Testing Snap Inc.’s Spectacles ASAP, www.adweek.com
- Top 5 Facebook #FAILS Flagged in Ad Account Audits, www.aimclearblog.com
- Vertical Ad Format Now Available on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- Celebrating Creativity and Talent at the YouTube Africa Creator awards, africa.googleblog.com
- Election Day Brings Big Spending on Video Advertising, adage.com
- Facebook Live: Fuel All of Your Content With Live Video, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Here’s how media companies will make money with VR, venturebeat.com
- Publishers brace for what happens if Facebook stops paying for live videos, digiday.com
- Vertical first: How brands should actually be making mobile video, digiday.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.