Marketing Day: Facebook Q3 report, progressive web apps & Apple’s earnings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Actionable AI: Data science meets social science
Oct 26, 2016 by Melody Gambino
Artificial intelligence isn’t just a marketing buzzword. Columnist Melody Gambino explains how AI — combined with a human touch — can help you drive sales and build your brand.
- Penguin 4.0: Necessary and positive improvement
Oct 26, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
Are you excited about the recent Penguin update? You should be! Columnist Andrew Dennis explains why this algorithm adjustment is a boon to webmasters and SEOs.
- Q3 Reports: Facebook continues to see significant ad spend growth
Oct 26, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers are seeing higher engagement rates even as CPCs trend down.
- Long-term SEO: Proving the value now
Oct 26, 2016 by Casie Gillette
How can you help clients understand the value of SEO initiatives when the results may take weeks or even months to pan out? Columnist Casie Gillette shares her advice.
- Beyond heuristics: Algorithmic multi-channel attribution
Oct 26, 2016 by David Fothergill
Looking to improve your attribution modeling for better insights into your analytics? Columnist David Fothergill shares his method, which uses a Markov model to determine the relative value of each channel in your conversion path.
- BlueVenn opens for marketing automation business in the U.S.
Oct 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
The British vendor offers a platform that emphasizes its single offline and online view of the customer, omnichannel customer journeys, and real-time monitoring of customer behavior.
- MarTech Landscape: What are Progressive Web Apps?
Oct 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
According to a leading developer: They’re the “biggest thing to happen to the mobile web since the iPhone.”
- Making sense of the latest trends in digital retail
Oct 26, 2016 by Jason Warnock
As retailers prep for the busiest time of year, columnist Jason Warnock takes a look at innovations and technologies that will transform the digital retail space this holiday season and beyond.
- Why building relevant ads in a cookie-free world comes down to context
Oct 26, 2016 by Giovanni Strocchi
As more consumers worry about privacy, a cookie-based approach to ad targeting is no longer an effective solution. Contributor Giovanni Strocchi explains why contextual relevance is the answer.
- Apple revenues of $47B in line but down, iPhone sales down year over year
Oct 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The company promised a return to revenue growth next quarter.
- What is deferred deep linking and how will it change mobile marketing?
Oct 25, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Within the next year, mobile is expected to claim more than half of the digital ad market. Marketers who want to stay on top need to be knowledgeable, have a reliable tracking solution and be flexible. But trying to keep up with the latest trends can interfere with seeing the big picture.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A Strategy to Retain Affiliates, for Affiliate Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 Tips to Make the Most of Predictive Analytics, blog.marketo.com
- Most Marketers Make Use of Social Data, www.emarketer.com
- Snaplytics Debuts Snapchat Measurement Tool With API Workaround, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Add a Killer Podcast to Your Blog, www.blogtyrant.com
- The Why, How and When of Using Quotations on Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- The head of Google’s Fiber business is leaving, www.recode.net
- Microsoft announces upgraded Surface Book with 16-hour battery life, for $2,399, www.theverge.com
- Banking on Customer-Friendly Content, adage.com
- How Agile Thinking Can Transform Your Content Marketing, contently.com
- How to Master Content Marketing, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Create a Case Study that Converts, unbounce.com
- How to Grow Revenue 130% Using This Customer Retention Process, www.jeffbullas.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Lazy Load Plugins for WordPress To Make Your Website Faster, www.wpexplorer.com
- The fundamentals of storytelling in UX, www.usertesting.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 11 Top Targeting Options in Display Advertising Today, 3qdigital.com
- Top 20 New gTLD Registrants Own Over 10% of All New gTLD’s, www.thedomains.com
- 10 Point Checklist: Is Your E-Commerce Business Ready for Cyber Monday?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 12 examples of early Christmas marketing from online retailers, www.econsultancy.com
- 14 Important Things You Need to Know About Fulfillment by Amazon, ignitevisibility.com
- 20% of all U.S. residents belong to Amazon Prime, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 Online Holiday Shopping Trends You’re Not Prepared For (Yet!), blog.kissmetrics.com
- 5 Ways to Promote a New Online Store, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Alexa makes Amazon’s new Fire HD 8 tablet even more useful, www.engadget.com
- Amazon drives the bulk of holiday sales for many e-retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Building a solid e-commerce marketing pyramid, www.internetretailer.com
- Don’t Lose Your Customer Because Your Retargeting is Bad, multichannelmerchant.com
- Three ways publishers are bringing sophistication to e-commerce, digiday.com
- 3 Tools to Get More Email Sign-Ups from Your WordPress Site, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 5 Ways To Improve Subject Lines [An Analysis Of Nearly 27,000 Emails], www.searchenginepeople.com
- Email Nurture Planning: How to Map Out an Effective Program & Leave No Lead Behind, www.aimclearblog.com
- Guide to Email Marketing Software Providers, blog.crazyegg.com
- Holiday Email Best Practices: Avoiding the Spam Filter, adage.com
- November 2016 Email Campaign Ideas, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 2016-2017 Digital Marketing Conferences – The Big List, www.marketingterms.com
- Digital Ads to Overtake Traditional Ads in U.S. Local Markets by 2018, adage.com
- How to Calculate Your Marketing Budget, www.wordstream.com
- Using Nostalgia to Engage Millennials? Think Again, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Evergage Extends Multichannel Personalization with New Mobile Capabilities, www.evergage.com
- New Moz Local Product Packages Are Coming in November, moz.com
- Pitney Bowes Global Trade Solutions Now Available on Amazon Global Sellings Solution Provider Network, www.businesswire.com
- Qubit Unveils New Machine Learning Engine to Automatically Uncover Revenue Opportunities for Data-Driven Marketers, www.qubit.com
- 10 Tools for In-Team Marketing Collaboration, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Building Blocks: Todd Ames, CMO at HI-FI Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- Call for speakers for MarTech 2017 in San Francisco, chiefmartec.com
- Why Location Data Management Needs Technology and Agency Services, streetfightmag.com
- Why There’s a Major Disconnect Between the Marketing and Tech Worlds, www.adweek.com
- Do more with ads on AMP, amphtml.wordpress.com
- Mobile customers want these 3 things from luxury brands, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- On iMessage’s Stickiness, daringfireball.net
- What new mobile and online payment options mean for retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- Yahoo View Now on Android, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says you won’t have to give up your privacy to have a great AI assistant, qz.com
- Machine learning turns photos into works of art , https://blog.google/topics/inside-google
- 7 Tips for Making Your Brand More “Likeable” on Social Media, www.toprankblog.com
- Don’t Become “That Brand”, adexchanger.com
- Maximizing the impact of online ratings and reviews, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 Ways to Use Instagram Stories for Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Beginner’s Guide To LinkedIn Advertising, www.ppchero.com
- A Marketer’s Guide to Posting on LinkedIn, contently.com
- Branded Content Now Available for Verified Profiles, media.fb.com
- Facebook is facing charges that it violated the privacy of thousands by having you tag photos of your friends, qz.com
- Facebook now lets verified profiles share branded content, venturebeat.com
- Halloween Social Marketing Stats and Ideas, simplymeasured.com
- How Social Automation Can Be Good, Not Evil, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How To Run A Twitter Advertisement Campaign, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Tackle a Constantly Evolving Social Media Landscape, www.adweek.com
- Media Are Masters of Facebook Reactions, www.socialbakers.com
- Social Media Strategy for People Who Sell Stuff, blog.mailchimp.com
- The Most Engaged Business Sites on Facebook, www.newswhip.com
- Twitter finally stops counting usernames against reply character limits in test, techcrunch.com
- Twitter, MLB Launch Featured Stickers for the World Series, www.adweek.com
- What Your Social Media Holiday Plan Might Be Missing, simplymeasured.com
- Which Facebook Ad Campaign Is Right for You?, www.searchinfluence.com
- You Really Can’t Afford to Commit These Seven Social Media Sins Anymore, simplymeasured.com
- For now, TV broadcasters see Facebook Live as marketing, digiday.com
- Keep ‘Em Watching with End Screens, youtube-creators.googleblog.com
- Martha Stewart’s Facebook Live videos are a treat, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat stops autoplay, marketers grapple with declining view counts, digiday.com
- Why is UniLad the most-viewed video publisher in the world?, econsultancy.com
- YouTube Fighting to Remain Relevant in the New Age of Video, www.adweek.com