Marketing Day: Facebook shutters Atlas, an interview with Intel’s head of creative & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Five marketing automation myths busted!
Nov 18, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
A study by Forrester Consulting found that just 10% of marketing professionals surveyed feel they are able to fully execute mature marketing automation strategies.
- European survey finds 70 percent of Android owners want pre-installed apps
Nov 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Data also show that the majority of Android users customize their home screens.
- Why SEO should always complement your content marketing
Nov 18, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø explains how the synergy between content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) can produce web pages that will best serve your customers.
- Thirteen things marketers want to know about expanded text ads, direct from Google
Nov 18, 2016 by Matt Lawson
AdWords released expanded text ads in late July. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson answers some FAQs about what you should consider as you expand your own ads.
- Facebook shuts down Atlas ad server because it doesn’t serve ad sales
Nov 18, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is shutting down the part of Atlas that didn’t have a direct impact on ad sales but keeping the part that does.
- 11 proven digital marketing strategies you’re (still) not using
Nov 18, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
From content marketing to SEO and conversion optimization, contributor Stoney deGeyter lays out key strategies that you can’t afford to overlook.
- Black Friday and beyond: Mobile strategies that keep on giving
Nov 18, 2016 by Allan Haims
As we head into the busy holiday shopping season, columnist Allan Haims discusses ways brick-and-mortar retailers can use mobile to impact their bottom line.
- Zapier launches Digest, so its apps can send their messages where you want
Nov 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
With Digest, messaging and alerts from all those apps become just more outputs that Zapier manages.
- A CMO’s View: How Intel’s head of creative is building the brand through its in-house agency
Nov 18, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
For more than a year now, Teresa Herd has been putting together Intel’s Agency Inside to drive greater quality and better brand alignment.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Holidays are Here: Marketing Measurement in a Winter Wonderland, www.martechadvisor.com
- Multiple Metrics for Measuring Chatbots, adage.com
- Salesforce Posts Rising Revenue, Lifts Outlook, www.wsj.com
- The Guide to Content Marketing Competitive Intelligence, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Secret Your Website Traffic Might Be Trying to Tell You, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- CRO And PPC Go Together Like Fall And Pumpkin, www.ppchero.com
- A strange thing is happening to domain names suspended in URS, domainnamewire.com
- 3 Lessons From 5 Top Retail Websites, www.cmswire.com
- 3 promo code insights for holiday marketing and beyond, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon Prime Video and “The Grand Tour” will be in almost every country in the world – and in more places than Netflix, qz.com
- Report: Election anxiety cost retailers $800M in online sales, www.retaildive.com
- The Black Friday opportunity for ecommerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Do’s and Don’t’s of Ecommerce Personalization, multichannelmerchant.com
- Tips for designing effective online coupon campaigns, www.internetretailer.com
- Don’t Let your Holiday Marketing Emails get Lost in the Seasonal Shuffle, www.martechadvisor.com
- Email Sales Funnels: How to Automate Your Sales, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How Dell Simplified Email Template Design to Improve Engagement, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Strategic Timing Tips for Resend Campaigns, blog.mailchimp.com
- Why sending replenishment emails is an absolute must for retailers, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- CMOs Are Safeguarding Their Businesses from Market Disruptors, www.emarketer.com
- How to Predictably Fill Your Funnel Using Account-Based Marketing, unbounce.com
- Why You Can’t Afford to Ignore Customer Marketing, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- EventMobi Positions Itself as the WordPress of Event Apps With New Product Launch, www.newswire.ca
- Salesforce Unwraps Research Ahead of Holidays: 77% of Shoppers Avoid Stores During the Season, and Mobile Shopping is Overtaking Desktop and Tablets for the First Time, www.prnewswire.com
- SDL Brings Unparalleled Security to Translation Supply Chain, www.sdl.com
- 10 examples of AI-powered marketing software, econsultancy.com
- 63 Percent of Marketers Say They Have Enough Technology, www.convinceandconvert.com
- App abandoment is on the rise as consumers stick to the apps they know, techcrunch.com
- Last minute: 3 in-app marketing strategies before Black Friday, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile shoppers at risk from malicious apps and Wi-Fi this holiday season: report, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Key to Local Marketing: Blending Online and Offline, smallbiztrends.com
- We Built It & They Came – The Newsroom is Buzzing, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Social Media Can Help Brands Earn the Trust of US Hispanics, www.emarketer.com
- ‘A petri dish of bullshit’: Confessions of ex-Facebook news curators, digiday.com
- 5 Tips to Master Your Brand’s Customer Service on Twitter, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Add Links and Mentions to Your Instagram Stories, www.newswhip.com
- American Beauty: Tapping Into This Lucrative Audience, blog.business.instagram.com
- Facebook is boosting its advertising teams in Africa, qz.com
- How Top Social Media Experts Reach Their Audiences, www.newswhip.com
- Snap Inc.: One More Walled Garden, But Endless Opportunities for Brands, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat now lets you add Bitmojis to on-demand geofilters, venturebeat.com
- Snapchat Skews Young and Female in the UK, www.emarketer.com
- The Evolution of Facebook Remarketing, www.jonloomer.com
- Twitter Is The Most Used Social Share Button, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Using Social Media to Bring Your Customer Service and Marketing Teams Together, multichannelmerchant.com
- What WeChat Teaches About the Future of Social Commerce, adage.com