Marketing Day: Facebook tests Bonfire video app, a personalization road map & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Fake news! How to recognize bad advice in link building and SEO
Sep 13, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Overloaded with content? Julie Joyce explains why it’s essential for SEOs and link builders to learn how to wade through a sea of potential misinformation.
- How retailers can put Amazon to work for them
Sep 13, 2017 by Adam Dorfman
Many brick-and-mortar businesses have come to view Amazon as a threat to their bottom line, but columnist Adam Dorfman illustrates how smart business owners are using Amazon to their advantage.
- Facebook tests group video chat app called Bonfire
Sep 13, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s Messenger added group video calling last year, begging the question of why the company needs another stab at the market.
- A marketing road map for personalization
Sep 13, 2017 by Nick Iyengar
Having the right tools in your martech stack is essential for personalization in marketing. But columnist Nick Iyengar says be sure you don’t overlook some non-technical factors that will improve your organization’s personalization efforts.
- Maybe the marketing funnel is dead, too — and here’s what can replace it
Sep 13, 2017 by Justin Dunham
Is it time to say goodbye to the venerable marketing funnel? Not just yet. But columnist Justin Dunham believes marketers need to think about what a user is trying to accomplish, not where they are in the funnel.
- The rise of personal assistants
Sep 13, 2017 by Eric Enge
How will personal assistants change the game for users and marketers? And what can marketers do to adapt to this new paradigm? Columnist Eric Enge tackles these topics.
- 41% report doing majority of their holiday shopping online last year [Survey]
Sep 13, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The Walker Sands ‘Future of Retail 2017 Holiday Report’ surveyed more than 1,600 consumers to identify online shopping trends.
- Facebook will tell brands where their ads appeared, ban certain content from carrying ads
Sep 13, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook plans to provide advertisers with post-campaign placement reports and has listed nine categories of content ineligible to feature ads.
- Hootsuite adds user reviews by integrating ReviewTrackers
Sep 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
Brands can now see and act on reviews in the social management platform’s dashboard, next to social posts.
- Apple’s ARKit launches a new channel: The hidden layers of reality
Sep 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
With similar new tech from Google, Microsoft and Facebook, advertising and marketing now have new dimensions.
- 8 reasons to attend MarTech this October in Boston
Sep 13, 2017 by Marketing Land
Attending industry conferences is an incredible way to increase your knowledge, expand your network, and find new insights and ideas. MarTech conference is no exception! Let’s count down the top 8 reasons why you should join us in Boston this October.
- Facebook is consolidating its ad-buying tools and combining its ad placement options
Sep 12, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is merging Ads Manager and Power Editor and bridging Instagram’s Stories with its other ad inventory.
- Maximizing the potential and value of your SEO team
Sep 12, 2017 by Bobby Lyons
Wondering how best to invest in your SEO talent? Columnist Bobby Lyons shares his management philosophy based on his experience as an in-house SEO director at a major brand.
- Apple debuts iPhone 8 and $1K iPhone X with ‘Face ID’
Sep 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The company also announced Apple Watch 3 with cellular connectivity.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Are Your Customer Metrics Making an Impact?, CMS Wire
- How to Measure Influencer Marketing Campaigns: 5 Analytical Approaches, Social Media Examiner
- Amazon, eBay, Google lead surge in AI patents, Retail Dive
- EU lost up to 5.4 billion euros in tax revenues from Google, Facebook: report, Reuters
- Employee Advocates: Boost Marketing Content on Social Media, MarketingProfs
- Sharing the mic: How user inspired content redefines influencer marketing, Digiday
- The Future of Content: Counter Free Content With New Forms of Monetization, CMS Wire
- 3 Holiday Trends: Prepare for the Marathon, Not a Sprint, Multichannel Merchant
- End of an era: Amazon’s 1-click buying patent finally expires, Digiday
- How to learn about your customers, for cheap, Practical Ecommerce
- 6 Ways to Grow Your Email List With Your WordPress Blog, AWeber Communications
- Comparing Email Service Providers for Bloggers, Problogger
- Create CTAs readers can’t resist, VerticalResponse
General Internet Marketing
- Copyranter: How to write a great ad headline, Digiday
- Digital media’s credibility crisis, Digiday
- The Real World: Marketing & Sales Alignment, Marketo
Internet Marketing Industry
- Act-On Makes Data-Driven Marketing Easy with Engagement Insights Powered by Data Studio, Act-On Press
- Collective Launches Multi-Platform Ad Management Tool in Visto Enterprise Advertising Hub, Markets Insider
- PowerInbox Hired Bill Nolte as Vice President, Publisher Development, PR Web
- Chris Woerner, SVP of Product at Onvia Talks Martech, MarTech Advisor
- Will Blockchain Disrupt ECM or Is it Just a Lot of Hype?, CMS Wire
- UK Internet Usage Forecast: More Mature, More Mobile, eMarketer
- Where Will VR Fit Into Local Advertising?, Street Fight
- Fill in the Gaps with These Social Media Team Roles, www.socialbakers.com
- How to Use Pinterest for Your Blog, Tailwind Blog
- Standards and Guidelines for Earning Money from Your Content on Facebook, Facebook Media
- Creating Eye-Catching LinkedIn Videos, Official LinkedIn Blog
- Effective Ways to Promote Your Video Online, Compukol
- Introducing Updates to the Live API, Facebook Media