Marketing Day: Facebook Tests Siri-Like Personal Assistant, Marketing Insights From Top CMOs & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Organic Trade Group Rallies Members & Supporters For “Myth-Busting” Social Media #OrganicFestival
Brands like Organic Valley, Taste of Nature, Honest Tea and Amy’s Kitchen are joining the OTA in saturating social media with organic information in September.
- Facebook Is Testing M, A Siri-Like Personal Assistant Within Messenger
New service will use artificial intelligence to make recommendations and even complete tasks for users of Messenger.
- 7 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Survey Emails
So many survey recruitment emails seem to be sent on autopilot, without any thought of creativity or user engagement. Contributor Andrew King has suggestions to help you wake up your survey request emails — and improve your response rates.
- A CMO’s View: Top Marketers From The World’s Biggest Brands Share Insights On Mobile, Video & More
CMOs from brands like AOL, Taco Bell and Heineken list their top three rules on a variety of digital marketing tactics.
- Succeeding In Mobile Advertising: The Journey Begins
With all eyes on mobile, columnist Rob Rasko shares what he’s learned about mobile vs. desktop ad effectiveness and what works best for mobile advertising creative.
- Last Chance: SMX East Rates Increase Saturday – Register Now!
Early Bird rates for SMX East expire this Saturday, August 29. Register now! Join us September 29–October 1 in New York City for: Innovative sessions covering the latest paid search and SEO developments.
- The 25% Rule For Reporting And Why It Matters
Are you spending too much time on reporting? Columnist Matt Umbro examines three techniques to help you improve your reporting efficiency.
- Here’s Why Those Snapchat Snapcode “Ghosts” Are Invading Twitter Profiles
The ghosts you’re seeing on Twitter are real! See how accounts on Twitter are using them to build their Snapchat followings.
- Moasis: Location Is The Key To Mobile Ad Relevance And Personalization
Mobile advertising platform Moasis believes that location is the key to delivering more personalized and relevant advertising — not simply a way to capture the attention of nearby smartphone owners.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Look Out Siri, Google Now & Cortana, Facebook M Wants To Be Your Digital Assistant
- Marin Software & SocialPro Launch 2nd Annual Biggest Social Geek Contest
- AdWords Script: Find Your Best And Worst Search Queries Using N-Grams
- Is Responsive Design A Ranking Factor?
- Study: Google’s New Local Pack Shows In The Number One Spot 93% Of The Time
- Last Chance: SMX East Rates Increase Saturday — Register Now!
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing: 5 Steps to Identify, Recruit Affiliates, www.practicalecommerce.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Ways To Stay Productive as a Work-at-Home Blogger, www.problogger.net
- Should You Still Use Google+ to Promote Your Blog Posts?, pushingsocial.com
- Hootsuite App Directory Crosses 2 Million Installs Milestone, finance.yahoo.com
- Top German court rejects Apple touchscreen patent appeal, venturebeat.com
- Collaborate with Influencers for Winning Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- How Social Media And Content Marketing Work Together, heidicohen.com
- Is Podcasting Replacing Written Content Marketing?, www.copyblogger.com
- Native Advertising Is Not Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Seven Years Into The Mobile Revolution: Content is King… Again, yahoodevelopers.tumblr.com
- The Anti-Red Bull: How JSTOR Hooked Millions With ‘Scholarly News’, contently.com
- Why Your Company Needs a Content Marketing Workshop, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Your Content’s Missing Ingredient is You, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 6 Landing Page Tips and Tricks, www.silverpop.com
- How to Reduce Landing Page Distractions and Increase Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Half of Your Site Elements Are Useless. Which Half?, conversionxl.com
- How bookmaker Coral uses social & personalisation to improve customer experience, econsultancy.com
- OpenTLD suspension reinstated, domainincite.com
- 4 Reasons you should pay attention to India’s e-commerce growth, www.tune.com
- Fraud-fighting tips for retailers entering the world’s largest e-commerce market, www.internetretailer.com
- Live Chat: The Most Underused Tool in Your Arsenal, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- PayPal’s Instant Checkout Platform One Touch Goes Live In Over A Dozen More Markets, techcrunch.com
- Shop in Your Backyard with Etsy Local, Now on Mobile, blog.etsy.com
- Why Mobile Could Make or Break Your Back-to-School Campaign, streetfightmag.com
- Women prefer to buy in-store, but digital gaining ground, www.retaildive.com
- Save time planning business travel and more with events from Gmail on Google Calendar, googleappsupdates.blogspot.com
- 5 Best-Practice Email Marketing Case Studies, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Email, We Just Can’t Get Enough, blogs.adobe.com
- Love them or loathe them, emails are here to stay, www.reuters.com
- Reactivating Old Email Addresses, blog.returnpath.com
- Why email deliverability should be top of mind for all marketers, www.retaildive.com
General Internet Marketing
- 99 Killer Online Marketing Tools to Streamline Your Efforts, smallbiztrends.com
- Three Powerful Forces Changing the Marketing Landscape, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why brands need to be relevant in real time, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Exponential releases insight on defining, applying and measuring engagement, www.businesswire.com
- gShift and SiteCondor. Better Together., www.gshiftlabs.com
- GumGum Launches Mantii, Real-Time Image Recognition Comes To Social Media, www.businesswire.com
- Inneractive Launches Story 2.0, www.mediapost.com
- 5 Hacks to Make the Most of Social Advertising on Mobile, blog.kissmetrics.com
- AT&T Hotspots: Now with Advertising Injection, webpolicy.org
- Here Are the Top 10 Magazine Brands With the Biggest Mobile Readerships, www.adweek.com
- How Facebook Is Trying to Reduce iOS App Crashes, www.adweek.com
- Yahoo Announces Latest Updates to Yahoo Mobile Developer Suite, yahoodevelopers.tumblr.com
- Google+’s Version of Edgerank; How Content is shared based upon Social Interactions, SEO By The Sea
- 11 Pinterest Marketing Growth Hacks That Work For Every Business, blog.tailwindapp.com
- 5 Social Media Mobile Apps That Make Your Life Easy, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Achieve Explosive Growth on Pinterest, blog.bufferapp.com
- How to Sync Your Website and Social Media Efforts, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Tell Stories With Facebook and Instagram Carousel Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Snapchat Names Former Mattel Executive Drew Vollero Its Finance Chief, www.wsj.com
- Three New Publishers Go All In On Snapchat Discover, www.adweek.com
- Top 4 Mistakes Marketers Make on Twitter, blog.marketo.com
- Twitter Adds Hearts to Their New Mobile UI Test, www.thesempost.com
- Twitter Adds Notifications for Direct Messages on Google Chrome?, www.adweek.com
- 3 Tips On Using YouTube TrueView Cards For Lead Generation Perfection, www.webpresence.tv
- Let’s play, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- NFL and Gatorade Teach Us a Lesson in Video Marketing, www.reelseo.com
- Social Live Streaming Apps: A Look at the Competition, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.