Marketing Day: Facebook Unveils Immersive Mobile Ads, Interview With Bizzabo CMO & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- XpressBuy Brings Shoppable Ads To Mobile DSP PocketMath
The ads’ buy buttons make it possible to purchase from an ad without visiting a retailer’s website.
- Facebook Unveils Vision For Immersive Mobile Ads
The social network is showing mockups of interactive mobile ad formats at Cannes Lion advertising festival in France.
- 5 Signs You Should Settle Down With A Content Marketing Agency
Columnist Kerry Jones shares what to look for when vetting content marketing agencies to ensure your partnership is destined for success.
- Wanting To Maximize The Conference Experience, This CMO & His Partners Created Bizzabo
Get To Know: Alon Alroy, Co-Founder and Chief of Marketing & Business Development for events management solution Bizzabo.
- Report: 87% of Facebook Customer Messages Are Ignored
Though Facebook seems like the perfect source for service a new study by Locowiseshows that the majority of customer messages go unanswered.
- 5 Reasons Why Display Advertising Will Never Die
If you think display is dead, think again. Columnist Peter Minnium outlines five reasons that digital display advertising will likely outlive us all.
- Direct Response Video Advertising: Best Practices For Social Media
Are you finally making the leap into video advertising on social channels? Columnist Andrew Waber offers these tips on how to maximize the performance of your campaigns.
- Centro DSP Adds Video Inventory And Mobile Audience Data Integrations
Designed for regional buyers, the DSP now offers access to programmatic video across all devices.
- Is Facebook Rewarding Fast Responses By Admins?
A new indicator may reward Facebook administrators that are quick on the draw with their responses.
- Study: Top Performing Email Campaigns Generate 1 Forward For Every 21 Emails Opened
Email analytics company Litmus analyzed 400,000 email campaigns to identify benchmarks around email virality based on foward-to-open rates.
- Amazon Echo Now Available To All, Shipping Starts July 14
Invites are no longer needed for Amazon’s home-based personal assistant that offers voice search, shopping and more.
- YP To Spinoff Print Yellow Pages Business, Stay Focused On Digital
Though dividing into two companies, both will share a common sales force. YP-branded local yellow pages will continue to be distributed.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Search Ascending: The New Brand Strategy
- The Evolution Of SEO Trends Over 25 Years
- Megalytic Launches Google AdWords Integration For Customizable, Automated Reporting
- From oDesk To Upwork: How To Migrate A Domain And Not Kill Your SEO
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Your Legacy Content is a Mess: Analytics Can Help, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Profit from Your Blog, www.razorsocial.com
- Moving From Tumblr to WordPress, smallbiztrends.com
- A power plant for the Internet: our newest data center in Alabama, googleblog.blogspot.com
- 10 inspiring content marketing examples from charities, econsultancy.com
- How To Unlock Your Product Stories, heidicohen.com
- How we used dynamic content to announce Dynamic Content, myemma.com
- Joe Pulizzi Interview: The Content Marketing Revolution, www.toprankblog.com
- Scaling Content Production Without Sacrificing Quality, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Stop Flailing About with Content Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- 7 Landing Page Tools that Could Save Your Conversion Rates, www.wordstream.com
- The Beginner`s Guide to Landing Page Optimization, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Perform Your Own Lean Mobile Usability Testing, uxmag.com
- Using the “So What?” Test to Transform Your Copy, blog.kissmetrics.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How not to be creepy with display ad retargeting, econsultancy.com
- ICANN bans closed generic gTLDs, for now, domainincite.com
- It IS Possible To Change Your Domain Without Losing Your SEO Juice. Here’s How., www.forbes.com
- 4 Ways to Grow Ecommerce Traffic in 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A Case Study In Commerce Maturity, www.getelastic.com
- EU Questions E-Commerce Firms as Part of Sector Probe, www.wsj.com
- Five ways to improve your mobile-friendly e-commerce site, www.internetretailer.com
- Guide to Autoresponders Part 2: Content Offer and Survey Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- We Were On a Break! Three Ways to Win Back Your Unengaged Subscribers, blog.returnpath.com
- Why Use Email Marketing? 31 Reasons from Successful Small Business Owners, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- Accurate Customer Identity Data Means Higher Marketing ROI, blog.marketo.com
- Three remedies for your marketing pain points, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- DialogTech Launches New End-to-End Marketing Solution, www.dialogtech.com
- XpressBuy, PocketMath Partner to Extend In-Ad Payments, getxpressbuy.com
- How Are Chief Information Officers and IT Leaders Using Twitter?, www.adweek.com
- 9 Mobile Marketing Trends Dominating 2015, www.jeffbullas.com
- Calls to Businesses from Smartphones Will Reach 162 Billion by 2019, blog.biakelsey.com
- Microsoft releases Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Android phones out of preview, venturebeat.com
- Paying it Forward: How Mobile Wallet Apps Are Changing Consumer Habits, www.nielsen.com
- Proveen Strategies for Local Lead Generation, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Survey: Consumers Want More Online, Mobile Interaction With SMBs, streetfightmag.com
- Under Armour Exec on Empowering Brands in the Wearables Space, www.emarketer.com
- Using Location To Turn A Browser Into A Buyer, adexchanger.com
- What Questions Do You Have About the State of Local Marketing?, streetfightmag.com
- 3 Steps for Location-Savvy Social Media Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Cannes Lions: The Most Important Social Media Marketing Predictions So Far, www.socialbro.com
- Cheat Sheet: A guide to China’s social platforms, digiday.com
- Does Your Brand Sound Too Much Like Facebook?, smallbiztrends.com
- Expand Your Publishing Reach on LinkedIn, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram Are Enabling Marketers to Sell Smarter, simplymeasured.com
- Instagram Journalism: the New Content Trend Shaking Up the Media World, contently.com
- Kim Kardashian reveals the one thing she won’t post on Instagram, digiday.com
- Messenger No Longer Requires A Facebook Account, techcrunch.com
- Social Scores Among Female Women’s World Cup Fans, www.emarketer.com
- Top Facebook Business Page Mistakes, www.koozai.com
- You, Too, Can Master LinkedIn, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook Page Admins Can Set Expiration Dates for Videos, www.adweek.com
- How Big Brands Hook Viewers with Emotional Video Content, www.reelseo.com
- Video Marketing Without a Goal is Just Moving Pictures, unbounce.com
- Wendy’s microsite overloaded by popular Periscope stream with YouTube stars, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- What Are the Perks of Out-Stream Video Ads?, www.emarketer.com
- You can now watch Periscope replays on the web, www.theverge.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.