Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Facebook Video Streaming Updates, Potential Yahoo Buyers & Blogging Mistakes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Starts Testing Live Video Streaming For The Masses
Dec 3, 2015 by Martin Beck
Edging closer Periscope, social network gives a small number of US iPhone users ability to live stream. Still no access for business Pages.
- Redefining The Customer Experience
Dec 3, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital marketing is changing, and if marketers and CMOs don’t adjust their digital marketing strategies accordingly, they will be doomed for failure. This e-book from AdClarity focuses on the shift in digital marketing trends based on the increasing importance of delivering the ultimate customer experience.
- Last-Minute Holiday Checklist For Online Retailers
Dec 3, 2015 by David Rekuc
With holiday shopping in full swing, make sure you’re thoroughly prepared. Columnist David Rekuc has some tips to ensure you have a lucrative season.
- Who Are The Potential Buyers Of Yahoo?
Dec 3, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Yahoo’s board is meeting to discuss the fate of the company’s remaining Alibaba stake, as well as whether the company itself should be sold. Round one of media reports took up the potential sale of the business; round two is: Who might buy Yahoo?
- Google’s Latest App-Install Ad Lets Users Test-Drive Games Before Installing
Dec 3, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
A second test allows app marketers to fully customize their mobile ads with HTML5.
- Google’s Year Of Change Hits Mobile Retail
Dec 3, 2015 by Jonathan Hunt
How have recent changes in Google’s mobile SERP display impacted traffic, and what can you do about it? Contributor Jonathan Hunt lays it out.
- Four Tools To Break You Out Of The Keyword Research Box
Dec 3, 2015 by Paul Shapiro
Need inspiration for expanding your keyword research? Columnist Paul Shapiro has some creative suggestions for you.
- Don’t Blame The Google Algorithm For Search Traffic Declines
Dec 3, 2015 by Winston Burton
Wondering why your site is experiencing a drop in performance? Columnist Winston Burton explores what to check before assuming it’s the result of an algorithm update.
- Facebook’s Page Plugin Now Lets Users Chat With Messenger & Subscribe To Events
Dec 3, 2015 by Greg Finn
Page Plugin, now packed with power! The ability to message and subscribe to events adds more range to Facebook’s plugin.
- Optimizing For Mobile Search In 2016: A Continuous Process
Dec 3, 2015 by Jim Yu
Mobile is continuing to grow, so how can you win in mobile search this coming year? Columnist Jim Yu has some advice.
- The Six Biggest Mistakes In Corporate Blogging
Dec 3, 2015 by John Lincoln
Columnist John Lincoln walks you through some common errors in corporate blogging so that you can avoid the pitfalls and build your brand online.
- Super-Smart Business Intelligence Engine BeyondCore Partners With Microsoft To Offer a Free Version
Dec 3, 2015 by Barry Levine
The data analytics software is so smart, it decides which questions to ask and which results are most important.
- Content Discovery Platform Taboola Advances Its Global Plans By Announcing It Is Now The Largest
Dec 3, 2015 by Barry Levine
The New York City-based company, busily moving into other markets and acquiring new tech, now has more desktop users than ShareThis or Outbrain.
- aimClear’s Psychographic Targeting for Political Advertising Agencies’ WINS
Dec 3, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
In round 3 of our political social targeting series we look at how psychographic targeting will impact paid social during the ongoing presidential campaign and the thousands of undercard races that are about to launch in 2016.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google: New Penguin Algorithm Update Not Happening Until Next Year
- Are Paid & Organic Distinct Channels? Not So Fast.
- 5 Major Differences Between Google Map Maker & Google My Business Guidelines
- Top Searches On Bing In 2015: Caitlyn Jenner, Tom Brady & Paris
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Want Super Affiliates? Here Is How To Get Them, www.shoemoney.com
- Rewarding Affiliate Influence with the Payment on Assist Model, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Potential Impressions vs. Actual Impressions: Which Should You Measure?, simplymeasured.com
- These Analytics Led Us to a Facebook Breakthrough, contently.com
- Why do digital marketing agencies struggle with measurement?, blogs.constantcontact.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Ways To Come Up With A Perfect Lead Magnet For Your Blog, www.jeffbullas.com
- WordPress.com Goes Open Source, www.cmswire.com
- Alibaba Unlikely to Pursue Yahoo’s Core Business, Yahoo Japan Stake, www.wsj.com
- Is Marissa Mayer to blame for Yahoo’s failed comeback?, qz.com
- 5 Keys to Developing a Strong Tone of Voice in your Content Marketing, www.annhandley.com
- 9 Reasons “Home Alone” Is Absolutely Clutch for Content Marketers, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Agile Principles + Content Marketing = Long-Term Success, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Can You Trust an 1,800 Year Old Approach to Managing Content?, www.cmswire.com
- How Brands Should Protect Their Content Marketing From Plagiarism, contently.com
- How to Survive and Thrive as a Corporate Content Marketer, www.copyblogger.com
- Why Content Marketers Need to Use Rich-Media, www.copypress.com
- How to Boost Online Conversions Using Heat Maps and Scroll Maps, www.marketingwords.com
- How To Wring More Conversions From Your Ad Landing Pages, blog.crazyegg.com
- How website personalization can make or break your conversion targets, venturebeat.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Content Writer vs Copywriter: What’s the Difference?, www.koozai.com
- Smart and timely marketing from .XYZ, domainnamewire.com
- 8 Ways to Boost Average Order Value, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon Dominated 36% of Online Black Friday Sales, techcrunch.com
- Answers to Amazon marketplace sellers’ top 5 burning holiday season questions, www.internetretailer.com
- Borderless Ecommerce Business Explained, multichannelmerchant.com
- Lessons from the Amazon Breach: How to stop fake reviews, multichannelmerchant.com
- 5 Fail-Proof Strategies For Increasing Your Email Open Rate, blog.crazyegg.com
- A MailChimp Record: 1.2 Billion Emails on Black Friday, blog.mailchimp.com
- Are the traditional benchmarks for CTRs still relevant? Yes and no, blog.movableink.com
- Email Plays Major Role in Cyber Weekend 2015, multichannelmerchant.com
- Gmail Ads For All Advertisers, www.clixmarketing.com
- SendGrid adds new relevance features to its email marketing platform, venturebeat.com
- Tech It Out: Scripting Automated Emails of Extracts with Tableau, www.searchinfluence.com
- The seven deadly sins of holiday email marketing, econsultancy.com
General Internet Marketing
- The Ultimate Guide to Interactive Marketing, ignitevisibility.com
- Omnichannel Is Dead. Long Live Omnichannel., adexchanger.com
- Why Marketers with Big Egos Make for Really Bad Marketers, www.thesaleslion.com
- Why You Must Become a 10x Brand, moz.com
- Why You Need to Keep Powering the Personalization Cycle, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- BrightFunnel Raises $6M, www.prnewswire.com
- Kahuna grows revenue 400%, moves into new office, www.kahuna.com
- Automated Marketing Campaigns: An Immodest Proposal, www.martechadvisor.com
- Federal Trade Commission Appoints Lorrie Cranor as Chief Technologist, www.ftc.gov
- 4 ways mobile coupons can solve the online-to-offline attribution problem, venturebeat.com
- Are “Snackable” Games Becoming The Hot New Trend For Mobile Engagement?, www.adweek.com
- Connecting the Customer Experience, One App at a Time, www.cmswire.com
- Mobile sales grow almost 53% on Cyber Monday, www.internetretailer.com
- Reintroducing Yahoo Messenger, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Shopping Apps: The Bridge Between Bricks and Clicks, flurrymobile.tumblr.com
- Step inside your photos with Cardboard Camera, googleblog.blogspot.com
- The explosion of mobile commerce, venturebeat.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Google Maps Marketing, www.wordstream.com
- Top 3 Apps for Finding Qualified Leads in Your Traffic, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Facebook bows to Belgian privacy ruling over cookies, www.bbc.com
- Facebook Brings Concert Ticketing To Its Platform, www.buzzfeed.com
- Facebook Instant Articles Come to Asia, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Must Stop Sending Personal Data From Europe To The U.S., Says Activist, www.fastcompany.com
- How to Retarget With Instagram Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Set Up Instagram Ads Through Facebook’s Power Editor, 3qdigital.com
- New research: how Twitter users consume mobile dining apps, www.Twitter.com
- Pinterest Tools: How to Move Pins, www.socialmediatoday.com
- Running LinkedIn Ad Campaigns? Don’t Adopt a Mobile-First Strategy Just Yet., www.bearandbeam.com
- Social media evolves into key component of Thanksgiving weekend sales, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Biggest Christmas Content On Social Media, blog.newswhip.com
- True Twitter Impressions and URL Clicks: New from Simply Measured, simplymeasured.com
- YouTube Seeks Streaming Rights to TV Shows, Movies, Wall Street Journal
- ‘Bringing a spoon to a gunfight’: Why Yahoo’s video strategy faltered, digiday.com
- 5 Things I’ve Learned About Marketing Videos on Social, simplymeasured.com
- Vimeo announces 4K video streaming for all, venturebeat.com
- Why brands still need to be wary of YouTube prank content, digiday.com
- YouTube Space Mumbai opens today, youtubecreator.blogspot.com