Marketing Day: Facebook’s ad spend at a standstill, Google class action, new Instagram feature & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- As advertisers pull back on Facebook, Instagram’s ad spend growth rate is booming
Aug 21, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Facebook’s ad spend is at a standstill, but Instagram’s is on the move. Here’s a look at just how much it’s up and what’s driving the growth.
- Google faces potential class action, FTC penalties for ‘surreptitious’ location tracking
Aug 21, 2018 by Greg Sterling
A lawsuit filed last week and a request for the FTC to enforce a consent decree both stem from the AP story about location tracking.
- Instagram makes a play to keep users scrolling with new ‘Recommended For You’ posts
Aug 21, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
The new feature being tested conflicts with the digital well-being initiative behind Instagram’s “You’re All Caught Up” feature launched last month.
- Why more automation from Google Ads is good for tool makers and PPC careers
Aug 21, 2018 by Frederick Vallaeys
Marketers who question their future in an industry dominated by automation need to embrace change, says contributor Frederick Vallaeys. Here’s how one man and his company said “bring it on” and thrived.
- Understanding the convergence of industry 4.0 and the rise of autonomous vehicles
Aug 21, 2018 by Joe Veverka
Contributor Joe Veverka looks at search as an indicator of attitudinal behavior shifts to better understand the rise of the autonomous vehicle (AV) and the mega-disruption of our time: convergence.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Report: Customers are more loyal to companies that are transparent on social media
Aug 21, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Consumers expect more transparency from businesses than they do from politicans, friends, or even themselves.
- Adobe adds enhancements to boost the venerable channel of email
Aug 21, 2018 by Barry Levine
With its new features, data from its latest consumer survey and previewed research, Adobe shows that email is very much alive and kicking.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 22 states ask US appeals court to restore net neutrality, with tech company support, 9to5Google
- Can Google conquer programmatic outdoor advertising? We ask the experts, Econsultancy
- How to Use Your Analytics for Smarter Content Decisions, Content Marketing Institute
- Introducing the new Google Fit, Google
- Monoculture: The Biggest Threat To Digital Advertising, Adexchanger
- Social Media Profits: An Advanced Guide, Infusionsoft
- Viral Entertainment Facebook Publishers Surge in Popularity in July 2018, Tubular Insights
- We Asked Top Travel Influencers What They Look for in Brands – Here’s What They Said, Social Bakers
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.