Marketing Day: Facebook’s Mobile Notification Updates, Twitter’s New Brand Hub & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Pushes Into Google Now Territory With Updated Mobile Notifications
Oct 26, 2015 by Martin Beck
Facebook is giving people the option to get reminders about events, milestones and other activities within its mobile app notifications.
- [Reminder] Live Webcast: Mobile Searches and Beacon Technology — Tuesday, October 27
Oct 26, 2015 by Marketing Land
Tips for being present and relevant in motivated mobile consumers’ moments of need.
- Twitter Courts Brands With New “Brand Hub” Social Listening Analytics
Oct 26, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The company launches TrueVoice metric to show brands their organic share of conversation compared to the competition.
- 10 Steps To Target And Connect With Potential Customers Effectively
Oct 26, 2015 by Steve Olenski
Are you rolling out a new marketing plan or looking to give your current one a face-lift? Columnist Steve Olenski outlines 10 steps to help you connect with customers and foster leads.
- Score The Most Savings At SMX West By Registering Now!
Oct 26, 2015 by Marketing Land
Search Marketing Expo — SMX West, the conference of choice for search marketing professionals, returns for its ninth consecutive year. Join us in Silicon Valley for three days of tactical solutions in SEO, PPC, social media, local search, mobile, analytics and more!
- Will Facebook’s New “Reactions” Get The Thumbs Up?
Oct 26, 2015 by Jane Morgan
Facebook is testing a new feature in Spain and Ireland to expand the range of reactions to posts beyond just the “thumbs up.” What might it mean for marketers once this feature is released worldwide? Contributor Jane Morgan explores.
- EU Competition Chief Suggests Google May Face Years Of Antitrust Investigations
Oct 26, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Europe’s chief competition regulator Margrethe Vestager has indicated that Alphabet/Google will likely face multiple antitrust investigations that could last years.
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Local Marketing Automation Software?
Oct 26, 2015 by Claire Schoen
Marketing at the local level can be enhanced — and more efficient — when tasks are automated.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Meet RankBrain: The Artificial Intelligence That’s Now Processing Google Search Results
- How To Leverage The Google Search Analytics API
- No More Typing: How To Prepare For The Next Wave Of Voice Search
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Analytics of Everything, www.dmnews.com
- The Whole Bit About the Right Metrics for DX, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Here’s Why You Should Be Picky About Where You Guest Post, www.stonetemple.com
- How One Kings Lane Grew Its Blog by 800% in One Year, contently.com
- Yahoo: The Moment of Truth Is Near, Wall Street Journal
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai Brings in Less Egotistical Leadership, recode.net
- Tech Giants Sign Letter Against EU Laws To Hand Huge New Powers To ISPs, techcrunch.com
- Welcome to our new CISO, Bob Lord, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 5 Essential Content Marketing Skills for Ecommerce Merchants, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Breaking Content Marketing Constraints, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Got Boring B2B Content? How To Make It Engaging, heidicohen.com
- How To Bring Art and Science to Managing a Content Calendar, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Fixing Your Conversion-Killing Homepage, neilpatel.com
- 5 Product Page A/B Tests You Can Run In The Next 15 Minutes, blog.crazyegg.com
- Call Tracking vs Call Conversion Optimization, www.thesaleslion.com
- Three tips for improving mobile conversion rates, econsultancy.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Copyranter: On crap copywriting, digiday.com
- Make Your Logo Festive for the 2015 Holidays, www.verticalresponse.com
- Writing Ad Copy To Beat Your Competitors Where They Aren’t, www.clixmarketing.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Digging Into Display, www.clixmarketing.com
- Ecommerce Site Traffic from Smartphones Up Worldwide, www.emarketer.com
- Hearst to target online shoppers with new digital-only site, digiday.com
- Is Amazon a shipping company?, www.retaildive.com
- Omnichannel services attract holiday shoppers but free shipping reigns supreme, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Crafting Truly Valuable Experiences with Email, myemma.com
- Get Better Email Responses with These Tips, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Write a Perfect Cold Outreach Email: 5 Elements to Consider Before Hitting Send, blog.hubspot.com
- Teach Your Email to Behave, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- The best days to send email during the holidays, myemma.com
- Trends in Email Marketing, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Personalization As Emotional Trigger In Brand Marketing, www.searchenginepeople.com
- ToysRUs Book of Book of Awesome Features an All New Interactive Experience, www.multivu.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Is PII Still The Third Rail Of Privacy For Ad Tech?, adexchanger.com
- Getting Pushy with Notifications Can Pay Off with Millennials, streetfightmag.com
- How to reach the always-on, app-centric millennial audience, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile Payments Will Triple in the US in 2016, www.emarketer.com
- Most Daily Mail mobile visitors don’t want a mobile-friendly experience, digiday.com
- Report: Mobile an entrenched shopping tool for moms, www.retaildive.com
- WeChat is powering a mobile commerce boom in China, digiday.com
- Your CEO’s Opinions Can Damage Your Company, www.cmswire.com
- 10 Times Reddit Engagement by Companies Succeeded, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 3 Ways Small Businesses Can Keep Up With Real Time on Social, www.adweek.com
- 3 Ways to Trick Facebook Feed Algorithm to Get Seen by More People, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 4 Metrics for Proving the Value of Your Social Media, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Ways to Rock Your Personal Brand on Twitter, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook At Work Signs Up Its Biggest Business Yet: 100,000 Workers At The Royal Bank Of Scotland, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Freebooting: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook Wins Dismissal of $15 Billion Users’ Privacy Suit, www.bloomberg.com
- Have You Been Social Selling All Along?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How B2B Marketers Can Use Facebook to Drive Engagement & Generate Leads, www.toprankblog.com
- How I Learned to Love Snapchat, www.adweek.com
- How to Create a Great Social Media Content Strategy, www.compukol.com
- How To Tap Into the Social Media Power of Employees for Content Amplification, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Use Twitter To Increase Reach and Engagement, www.jeffbullas.com
- Increasing Audience Engagement Key Objective in Social Media Marketing, www.emarketer.com
- James Bond’s ‘Spectre’ is the first brand to get its own Snapchat Discover channel, digiday.com
- New Twitter polls & the opportunities for marketers, econsultancy.com
- Pinterest Loses “Pin” Trademark Battles In US and UK, TechCrunch
- Stop Doing These 15 Things on Facebook, smallbiztrends.com
- Twitter to Partner with CBS News for Iowa Democratic Debate, www.Twitter.com
- Using Reddit to Inspire Fan Activation for your Brand, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Periscope Goes Batty For Halloween, Introduces A Themed Heart, techcrunch.com
- Pre-Roll Will Always Trump In-Feed Native Video, adexchanger.com
- YouTube: Mobile Views, Advertising Revenue on Increase, www.reelseo.com