Marketing Day: Facebook’s New Logo, Twitter Audience Insights & Yahoo’s New Smart Stream
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook’s “Friendly & Approachable” Logo Update Has Mobile In Mind
With subtle change, Facebook aims to modernize its logo and make it appear more clearly on mobile phones.
- The Four Stage Link Building Cycle + an Extended Q & A- July 21 Webcast
Are you forgetting the “marketing” in your content marketing?
- Twitter Updates Audience Insights & Introduces Persona Targeting
New features give advertisers more demographic information about their paid audiences and streamlines category targeting.
- Yahoo Aviate Adds New Smart Stream But Still Needs Breakout Features
The latest feature upgrade to Yahoo’s Android launcher and smart assistant Aviate is called “Smart Stream.”
- What Does It Mean To Be Mobile First? And Why Should Marketers Care?
As millennials overtake Baby Boomers as the biggest demographic of consumers, marketers need to think more than ever about mobile first, explains columnist Aaron Strout.
- How “Listening” To User-Generated Content Leads To E-Commerce Sales
How do you craft e-commerce content that results in conversions? Look to your consumers to provide insights and create relevant content, advises columnist Benjamin Spiegel.
- The Secret To Driving Revenues: Make It Easy For Them To Buy
Marketers have mere seconds to grab consumers’ attention. Columnist Brian Rigney offers tips on getting customers to engage in a world of glimpses and instant gratification.
- Twitter Brings Ad Campaign Management To iOS & Android Apps
New experimental feature enables adjusting of campaigns from mobile devices.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Ultimate Guide To Bing Webmaster Tools
- Be Aware! SEO Might Help You Land Your Next Job (Or It May Hinder You)
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data: Define The Rules, Seize The Opportunity, adexchanger.com
- Apple’s new design leads will report to CEO Tim Cook, venturebeat.com
- Dick Costolo: why tech firms are set to face complex ethical issues, www.theguardian.com
- Yelp Sale Process to Stall as Founder Decides to Wait, www.bloomberg.com
- 12 ways to measure content marketing, digiday.com
- 3 Content Strategy Practices That Will Make You a Better Content Marketer, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Reasons Why Content Marketing is Getting Harder and More Important, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Create Irresistibly Shareable Content, www.komarketingassociates.com
- How to Promote with Brand Ambassadors Using Visual Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Tell Better Stories in Your Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Use Data Insights to Craft Great Stories, blog.similarweb.com
- Why Kraft’s content strategy generates 1.1bn impressions a year, econsultancy.com
- Your Expert Guide to Writing Awesomely Effective Headlines, blog.crazyegg.com
- Things That Work More Often Than Not in A/B Tests, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Fundamental Drivers Of Good Web Design, usabilitygeek.com
- How to Break into the Field of UX Research, www.usertesting.com
- The return of creativity and design, econsultancy.com
- 6 Clever Uses of Domain Extensions, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Save Domain Privacy Campaign Launched, www.domaininvesting.com
- 10 of the finest mobile ecommerce sites, econsultancy.com
- 6 Must-Test Elements of Your eCommerce Shop That Can Give Epic Wins, vwo.com
- Amazon wants Mexico to accept a dressed-down version of its e-commerce empire, qz.com
- How Z Gallerie uses Instagram to boost brand awareness, www.internetretailer.com
- Omnichannel Remains Omnipresent for Department Stores, www.emarketer.com
- PayPal spends $890 million for Xoom, www.internetretailer.com
- The Retailer’s Crystal Ball: All Signs Point to Innovation, www.getelastic.com
- 9 Expert Ways to Grow Your Email List with Facebook, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Building Next-Gen Emails with API Integrations, blog.movableink.com
- Fourth of July Email Marketing Tips, blog.mailchimp.com
- How does Exit Intent drive email list growth?, myemma.com
- How to Use a Giveaway to Accelerate the Growth of Your Email List, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Sent from my iPigeon: The best agency email signatures, digiday.com
- This 4th of July, Ensure Email Marketing Success with these 4 Tips, www.martechadvisor.com
- What Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, and Hotmail Have in Common with the NSA, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Killer Benefits Of Implementing an Account-Based Marketing Program, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Rules of Successful Effective Influencer Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- Use Infographics Effectively, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Yet Another Sign Of The Mainstreaming of Programmatic, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Continuum Names New Senior Vice President of Engineering, media.continuum.net
- Growthverse: An Interactive Visualization of the Marketing Technology Universe, medium.com
- How to Master the Technology that Drives Your Digital Business, www.copyblogger.com
- What Is Marketing Automation?, blog.marketo.com
- How Millennial Parents Use Mobile Phones to Shop in Stores, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Win on Mobile, www.usertesting.com
- Mobile Phones Strengthen Lead for Mobile Video Viewing, www.emarketer.com
- 8 Content Formats to Jazz-up Social Media Posts, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Behold the Amazing Power of Twitter Hashtags, www.wordstream.com
- Facebook is talking with music labels, but why?, www.theverge.com
- Facebook’s Rainbow Filters and the Algorithmic Echo Chamber, www.thesempost.com
- Hack Tweeter Influencer Targeting, www.aimclearblog.com
- How Content Makes Social Selling Successful, www.compukol.com
- How Engaging Pinterest Content Can Triple Your Website Referral Traffic, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How Sony Mobile Increased Facebook Link Clicks by 70%, simplymeasured.com
- How The New York Times finds new subscribers on Facebook, digiday.com
- How to Use LinkedIn Showcase Pages for Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Twitter’s New Video Response Function, www.verticalresponse.com
- Rainbow Connection: Should Your Brand Jump for Social Change?, www.adweek.com
- The Demise of Facebook’s Organic Reach, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The Social Media Revolution: Make Money Or Die, heidicohen.com
- Marketers Prep For An Autoplay Video Onslaught, adexchanger.com
- Skippy cracks open auto-play video’s potential on Pandora, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Using YouTube Cards In Your Digital Marketing Campaigns, www.koozai.com
- Why Social Networks and Marketers are Flocking to Native Video, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.