Marketing Day: Future of email marketing, why clients in-house, omnichannel strategies
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: YouTube ad revenue jumped 11% in 2018 thanks to repeat advertisers
Feb 1, 2019 by Amy GesenhuesYouTube ad revenues increased 11 percent year-over-year in 2018, according to MediaRadar.
- 3 types of silos killing your marketing team
Feb 1, 2019 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing has become a complex field, with evolving technologies, fast-paced processes and data that must be analyzed, interpreted and shared so you can continuously optimize those processes for better results. But when teams are using disconnected technology, workflows and processes, it can be a struggle to manage day-to-day tasks.
- Long live email: Why email’s future remains bright
Feb 1, 2019 by Len Shneyder
Part 3 of this email marketing series looks at what email has in store in the coming years and why its growth and continued relevance is all but assured.
- Why clients in-house and what agencies can (and can’t) do about it
Feb 1, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Clients moving services in-house isn’t a new challenge, but our survey found it tops the list of digital agency concerns.
- In a world of facts, ideas are king
Feb 1, 2019 by Peter Minnium
Compelling ads are more than a checklist of behavioral triggers. They must engage the audience’s imagination.
- How does an omnichannel vision increase sales?
Feb 1, 2019 by David Le Douarin
An omnichannel strategy creates a comprehensive view of the customer’s journey to deliver the right message, at the right time, without pressure or over-solicitation.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- The MarTech Minute: Sitecore teams with IBM iX, TowerData picks up Xverify, more
Feb 1, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
The martech week in review: News and announcements in marketing technology this week that you might have missed.
- Why The Trade Desk’s Unified ID may be catching on
Feb 1, 2019 by Barry Levine
Although part of the Ad ID Consortium and the DigiTrust efforts, the major DSP is populating the ad ecosystem with its own solution.
- Amazon’s ad business continues to soar, topped $3 billion for first time in Q4
Jan 31, 2019 by Ginny Marvin
The e-commerce giant raked in $10 billion in advertising revenue in 2018.
- Marketing trade associations ask CA attorney general to ‘clarify’ CCPA provisions
Jan 31, 2019 by Greg Sterling
The letter calls for more nuanced ‘opt-out’ data collection practices to enable consumers to trade or sell their personal data.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- (New Study) 300 Marketers Reveal Disruptive Shift In Digital Strategy, Ignite Visibility
- Do Recent Acquisitions Put Mobile App Publishers’ Interests First?, AdExchanger
- How AI Will Redefine the Modern Marketing Campaign, Marketo
- January Highlights in Facebook Business News, Facebook Business
- New research shows marketers are caught in a love-hate relationship with social media, Globe Newswire
- The Best Landing Page Design Examples To Inspire Your Next Layout, Unbounce
- Twitter cuts off API access to follow/unfollow spam dealers, TechCrunch
- What’s your social marketing game plan for the Super Bowl?, Mobile Marketer
- Snopes pulls out of its fact-checking partnership with Facebook, Poynter
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.