Marketing Day: Germany fights illegal content on social networks, 2018 email trends & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
SMART goals for SEO
Jan 2, 2018 by Marcus Miller
How can you set and achieve aggressive yet realistic SEO goals in 2018? Columnist Marcus Miller explains what SMART goals are and how to apply them to your SEO campaigns.
Social networks to face huge fines in Germany for not removing ‘illegal content’ in 24 hours
Jan 2, 2018 by Greg Sterling
While the law doesn’t necessary expand what’s considered “illegal content” in Germany, critics worry it will turn social networks into opinion police.
7 email trends to watch in 2018
Jan 2, 2018 by Kyle Henderick
As we head into 2018, columnist Kyle Henderick predicts the trends that will have the biggest impact on your email marketing program over the next 12 months.
Alibaba’s UC browser beating Google Chrome in Indian mobile market
Jan 2, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The browser’s ad-blocking feature is driving a significant percentage of global ad blocking and is a potentially meaningful threat to ad revenue.
Empowered consumers are searching for the best and worst brands before they buy
Jan 2, 2018 by Brian Solis
With mobile devices, people are searching in real time for negative experiences to make decisions. CMOs, are you prepared? Contributor Brian Solis discusses the benefits of building consumer trust.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Who’s listening? Apple’s new podcast analytic feature knows
Jan 2, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The new dashboard is in beta and is only available for iOS 11 devices.
DialogTech adds multichannel analytics with its purchase of dashboard provider Swydo
Jan 2, 2018 by Barry Levine
The Chicago-based firm says this is the first time a call analytics provider is offering drag-and-drop reports from other platforms.
Going deep with deep learning: Martech insights, action & impact
Jan 2, 2018 by Andy Betts
Columnist Andy Betts walks you through the ins and outs of deep learning and explains why it’s set to be a game-changer for marketing programs.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 2018 will be a pivotal year for Facebook’s video ambitions, Digiday
- 3 Aha Moments to Improve Your Content Marketing in 2018, Content Marketing Institute
- 4 Services to Help Email Marketers Elevate Customer Experience in 2018, Movable Ink Blog
- Apple buys app development service Buddybuild, TechCrunch
- Google Chatbase Ushers in the Rise of Chatbot Analytics, CMS Wire
- Live Streaming Can Promote Ecommerce Products, Practical Ecommerce
- Mobile will catch up to e-commerce by 2021, Retail Dive
- The Beginner’s Guide to B2B Blogging, The Blog Herald
- The Future of Augmented Reality and Online Shopping, Multichannel Merchant
- The Personalization Challenge (and Why Tech Alone Can’t Solve It), Marketo