Marketing Day: Gigya’s GDPR-friendly consent tool, Google’s Mobile Scorecard & Pinterest’s new COO
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on February 27, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Are consumers burning out on social media?
Feb 27, 2018 by Dayle Hall
Contributor Dayle Hall offers tips on how brands can cope as consumers become increasingly detached and fatigued.
- SAP-owned Gigya offers a new GDPR-friendly consent tool
Feb 27, 2018 by Barry Levine
But that and two other identity/profile tools only apply to known users.
- Google releases Mobile Scorecard & Impact Calculator tools to illustrate importance of mobile page speed
Feb 27, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
One tools shows how a site stacks up against the competition on mobile. The other aims to drive home the impact mobile speed can have on the bottom line.
- Pinterest names Square’s former Business Lead, Francoise Brougher, as its first COO
Feb 27, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Brougher will lead efforts to expand Pinterest’s global operations and advertising business.
- Get back to basics: New Forrester report lays out priorities for mobile marketers
Feb 27, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Marketers are encouraged to shore up their mobile programs and not to be distracted by the “shiny objects” of emerging tech.
- Just 2 weeks until SMX West! Register now & save $100
Feb 27, 2018 by Marketing Land
We’re just two weeks away from Search Engine Land’s SMX® West, the premier educational experience for search marketers obsessed with SEO, SEM, and online retail. Now is the time. Secure your pass and join your search marketing community in sunny San Jose! What’s in it for you?
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Study shows programmatic fraud blocking rates are higher on desktop, static banners
Feb 27, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
RythmOne’s quarterly report highlights inventory blocking rate trends on the programmatic marketplace.
- Programmatic problems: Fixing a broken market
Feb 27, 2018 by Chris Liversidge
Contributor Chris Liversidge describes the current crisis of confidence in programmatic advertising and suggests remedies that should be implemented.
- Ninth Circuit deals setback to ISPs hoping to fully exploit Net Neutrality repeal
Feb 27, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Appeals court affirms that the FTC has the authority to police “unfair and deceptive” practices by ISPs and carriers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 7 Steps to Measure Social Media Marketing ROI: a Complete Guide, Socialbakers
- Announcing Flutter beta 1: Build beautiful native apps, Google Developers Blog
- Facebook Product Feed Ads: Not Just for Remarketing, Practical Ecommerce
- Helping Local News Publishers Develop Digital Subscriptions, Facebook Media
- How to Craft Trust-Building Welcome Emails in 5 Steps, Movable Ink Blog
- How to Find the Competitive Edge Your Content Marketing Program Needs, Contently
- HubSpot Recognized by Facebook as Badged Marketing Partner, Releases Direct Instagram Publishing, Hubspot
- Is the Buyer’s Journey Becoming PassÃ© in Marketing and Sales?, Sword and the Script
- Sources of Bad Brand Experiences: Consumers vs. Brand Employees, MarketingProfs