Marketing Day: Gillette’s viral video ad, Urban Airship buys Accengage, more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Gillette sparks emotions, controversy, possibly gold with ‘We Believe: The Best A Man Can Be’ video
Jan 16, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Many are asking if Gillette’s commentary on toxic masculinity is too controversial. The answer will come when sales are reported.
- Urban Airship buys EU counterpart Accengage to extend reach further into Europe
Jan 16, 2019 by Greg Sterling
Notification opt-in and engagement rates are growing according to internal company data.
- Kiip partners with Purchase Decision Network to make shopping list data available to its advertisers
Jan 15, 2019 by Barry Levine
This is the first time this valuable intent data will be available to an outside ad network.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Truth in Measurement launches to create standards for sharing ad measurement data
Jan 16, 2019 by Barry Levine
Following Google’s move last spring to no longer share its DoubleClick ID, the new industry effort is looking for a solution outside the walled gardens.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Announcement: Strengthening enforcement of our Community Guidelines, YouTube Help Forum
- Facebook Algorithms and Personal Data, Pew Research Center
- Facebook’s ’10 Year Challenge’ Is Just a Harmless Meme — Right?, WIRED
- How AI Improves Customer Lifetime Value and Makes It a Primary KPI, Marketo
- Only 14% of consumers influenced by in-store VR/AI tech, Mobile Marketer
- Snap’s new CFO is leaving after just 8 months, Recode
- Yes, Some Metrics Are “Fake” But Performance Marketers Don’t Care, AdExchanger
- Your guide on how to target email subscribers on mobile, Emma Email Marketing
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.