Marketing Day: Google ad-blocking news, LinkedIn’s Matched Audiences & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Is your information architecture costing your e-commerce web shop millions in lost sales?
Jun 2, 2017 by Trond Lyngbø
Solid information architecture is a key ingredient in any successful SEO program, as it can help or hinder search engine crawlers. Columnist Trond Lyngbø provides tips for e-commerce sites looking to optimize their site structure.
- Social bookmarking pioneer Delicious heads to the dead pool
Jun 2, 2017 by Matt McGee
Recently acquired by Pinboard, the site will stay online but will stop taking bookmarks on June 15.
- Don’t be tardy! Back-to-school searching starts in July — plan campaigns now
Jun 2, 2017 by Purna Virji
It’s not too early to start planning your back-to-school campaigns. Columnist Purna Virji from Bing suggests some ways to help you win over back-to-school searchers and stay a step ahead of the competition.
- The marketing career advice that no one gave me
Jun 2, 2017 by Travis Caldwell
According to contributor Travis Caldwell, there are some things you just have to learn the hard way: If you’re not moving up, you’re moving back.
- Google confirms it will start blocking ‘annoying’ ads on Chrome next year
Jun 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A new report will notify publishers when ads on their sites don’t meet the Better Ads Standards and enable them to take action before ads are blocked on their sites.
- Finally getting (Linked)In on the retargeting action
Jun 2, 2017 by Laura Collins
LinkedIn’s official rollout of Matched Audiences in April highlighted new audience targeting options. Columnist Laura Collins explains why retargeting works and why advertisers should be taking advantage of the changes.
- AOL launches SDK-based header bidding for mobile apps
Jun 2, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company says this is the first such offering that lets apps readily jump on the header bidding bandwagon.
- The future (and present) of programmatic TV
Jun 2, 2017 by Grace Kaye
Columnist Grace Kaye takes a look at the current state of programmatic TV advertising and predicts what we can expect to see within the next few years.
- Report: Google’s Chrome ad blocker coming to both PC and mobile ‘within 6 months’
Jun 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Ads on sites that don’t follow Coalition for Better Ads guidelines will be blocked.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Challenges That Come with Managing Content, CopyPressed
- Ask a Content Strategist: Does Thought Leadership Mean Anything to Regular People?, Contently
- Which Industries Have the Best Content Marketing?, Contently
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Lesser Known Image Management Tips in WordPress, WPExplorer
- 5 Popular Infographic Templates and Why They Work so Well, MarketingProfs
- 8 Writing Lessons from Everybody Writes by Ann Handley, Marketo
- 2017 New Domain Research & Tactics, The Domains
- Domain-name registration problems are going to become a lot worse when we run out of names, Quartz
- One Way I Come Up With Domain Name Ideas, Domain Investing
- Amazon has quietly turned its mobile app into a weird and wonderful ecommerce arsenal, Mashable
- Report: E-commerce fraud declining overall, but not for department stores, Retail Dive
- Wal-Mart Asks Employees to Deliver Packages on Their Way Home, Bloomberg
- 50 summer subject lines + 3 tips for sunny copywriting, VerticalResponse Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Ad fraud: a guide to detection and combat, 3Q Digital
- Disruptive Marketing to Generation X, Y and Z Q&A, Bing Ads
- Gen Z Power List: Meet the Brands, Platforms and Creators That Teens Love, Adweek
- Has Influencer Marketing Effectively Become Clickbait?, AdAge
- How Green is Your Marketing Strategy?, MarTech Advisor
- The Little-Known Personalization Strategy that’s Taking the Web By Storm (And How to Use It), Kiss Metrics
- The New Revolution of Public Relations and Your Brand, Compukol
- Which Digital Marketing Channels Deliver the Best ROI, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- How Content Marketing Technology Can Solve Your Sales Enablement Woes, Contently
- It’s Not You, It’s Me: When to Break Up with Your Marketing Automation, MarTech Advisor
- Vendors Need to Shape Up Because Publishers Don-t Need Ad Tech, MarTech Advisor
- All Your Snapchat Advertising Questions Answered, Content Marketing Institute
- Facebook Introduces Developer Circles, Facebook for Developers
- Facebook reportedly has a teen-friendly chat app in the works, Engadget
- Master Instagram Stories With These Tips and Tricks, Wall Street Journal
- Now You Can Add a Top Hat or Puppy Ears to Your Instagram Photos and Videos, Adweek
- Sandwich chain Potbelly is testing its Facebook ads to see if they make people happy, Digiday
- Snap’s Spectacles are now available in Europe, TechCrunch
- How to Add Live Video to Your Webinars – and Why It Works, MarTech Advisor
- No Matter How You Define It, Generation Z Can’t Live Without YouTube, Tubular Insights
- Periscope Users Can Now Connect to Their Facebook and Google Accounts, Adweek
- The Freelancer’s Guide To (Finally) Tapping Into YouTube, Fast Company
- Will YouTube Live’s Streaming Video Growth Overtake Twitch?, MediaKix
- Your Content and Making Money from Advertising on YouTube, YouTube Creator Blog