Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Google AdSense, Twitter safety updates & YouTube live streaming
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google AdSense publishers get more control over the ads that can show on their sites
Feb 7, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The ability to opt out of more ad categories is now available to all AdSense publishers.
- 2016 was a coming-of-age year for Baidu SEO; why you should invest in 2017
Feb 7, 2017 by Hermes Ma
Marketers have long considered organic search a lost cause on Baidu due to the abundance of ads, but new laws in China are changing the game. Contributor Hermes Ma discusses the state of Baidu SEO and provides recommendations for marketers looking to break into the market.
- An introduction to streaming analytics for marketing and customer engagement
Feb 7, 2017 by Paul Stanton
Contributor Paul Stanton explains streaming data analytics, a new big data strategy that’s gaining traction among marketers.
- [Webinar] 5 Disruptions Reshaping Marketing As We Know It
Feb 7, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Most marketers still look at digital as a marketing channel. But digital is no longer just a website or mobile app. Nearly everything in the world is becoming connected and acquiring digital properties.
- Twitter’s safety updates address user bans, abuse and safe search
Feb 7, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter’s latest updates address the harassment concerns that have plagued users on the network over the past several years.
- YouTube creators with 10K subscribers get live streaming & monetized ‘Super Chat’ feature
Feb 7, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The new “Super Chat” tool lets viewers pay to have their messages highlighted and pinned to the top of the chat window.
- 3 ways CMOs can win the hearts of customers — and CEOs
Feb 7, 2017 by Mike Sands
Columnist Mike Sands says that if CMOs want to thrive in the year ahead, they’ll need to lead the charge in building customer obsession across the enterprise.
- MarTech Landscape: What is influencer marketing?
Feb 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
Social networks have created a huge platform for broadcasting enthusiasms, whether by your neighbor or a celebrity you follow.
- LiveRamp adds third-party data to its cross-channel identity service
Feb 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
The data onboarding service is releasing different versions of its IdentityLink, this time for third-party data owners.
- Instagram’s web footprint surpassed Twitter’s in 2016
Feb 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
The number of sites featuring Instagram posts or widgets has overtaken Twitter’s count, according to an analysis of 1 million sites by SimilarTech.
- Not all agencies are created equal
Feb 7, 2017 by David Rodnitzky
How do you find the right digital marketing agency? Columnist David Rodnitzky says it starts with asking the right questions.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Metrics To Measure Content Marketing Success, Search Engine People
- Dealing With Data: Today’s Marketing Analytics Challenges and Opportunities, Think with Google
Blogs & Blogging
- How Long Should a Blog Post Be? [A Data-Driven Answer for B2B], Sword and the Script
- If It’s Painful, It’s Broken, Unbounce
- Jessica Rich, Advertising’s Top Cop, Steps Down From The FTC, AdExchanger
- Twitter Reorganizes Video Groups Under Periscope CEO Kayvon Beykpour, Variety
- Twitter’s head of diversity is leaving and its chief HR officer has already left, TechCrunch
- How to Create Content that Deeply Engages Your Audience – Copyblogger, Copyblogger
- How To Make Customers Fall In Love With You This Valentine’s With Creative Content, Webpresence Inbound Marketing Blog
- One Thing is Killing Content Marketing and Everyone Is Ignoring It, Content Marketing Institute
- Track Micro Conversions to Increase Sales, Practical Ecommerce
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- HTML APIs: What They Are And How To Design A Good One, Smashing Magazine
- The UX Audit: A Beginner’s Guide, Usability Geek
- This production company loves .TV, Domain Name Wire
- 20% of grocery sales could be online by 2025, Internet Retailer
- Amazon Payments nearly doubled transaction volume in 2016, added 10 million more customers, TechCrunch
- Cross-Border Ecommerce Growing at 25% Per Year, Multichannel Marketer
- How to Boost eCommerce Sales with Instagram, Convince and Convert
- How to Create a Unified Customer Ecommerce Journey, CMS Wire
- Jungle Scout Review: Amazon E-commerce Tool for Product Research, Small Business Ideas Blog
- Top 5 Ecommerce Markets in the World, Multichannel Marketer
- 7 irresistible win-back emails, Emma Email Marketing Blog
- How Much Do Customers Love Your Email Marketing?, Constant Contact
- Why is my email going to the spam folder?, Emma Email Marketing Blog
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Powerful Marketing Tips for Your Small Business, Small Biz Trends
- Business Leaders are Turning to Personalized Marketing for a Competitive Edge, KoMarketing
- The Art of Trend Jacking, CopyPressed
- The State of B2B & B2C Influencer Marketing in 2017, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- Marketing Technology Platform TUNE Announces New Chief Technology Officer Dan Koch, PR Web
- Nielsen Announces Launch of Benchmark Media Optimizer, Nielsen
- How to Stay Relevant as a Marketer in a Crazy Martech World, MarketingProfs
- Step Up Your Personalization Game with AI, CMS Wire
- App marketers need to rethink their mobile ad strategy, Mobile Commerce Daily
- How retailers are targeting mobile shoppers this Valentine’s Day, Econsultancy
- How To Add Effective Messaging To Your Communication Mix, CMS Wire
- Study: Mobile Users in China Are Open to Targeted Ads, KoMarketing
- Facebook Marketing Guide, Crazy Egg
- How B2B Marketers Are Finding Value in Social Media, KoMarketing
- How Do You Create Social Media Momentum?, Compukol
- How to Improve Your Pinterest Visibility and Engagement, Social Media Examiner
- How To Make The Most Of Emojis On Instagram, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- Is Snapchat Dying? Our Analysis Points To Yes (Sort of), MediaKix
- New eMarketer Estimates Show Huge Snapchat User Growth in UK, eMarketer
- Snap’s Ad Sales Face Automation Test, Wall Street Journal
- The Evolution of Snapchat: From Teen Novelty to Enterprise Tool, CMS Wire
- The Rise of Social Media in Super Bowl Advertising, The AdStage Blog
- Where and How to Allocate Social Media Ad Spend, MarketingProfs
- Why Snapchat is Becoming Essential for Your Small Business, Jeff Bullas
- Why Snapchat Is the New TV, Wall Street Journal
- The Extra Mile: 4 Resolutions for Australian Marketers From the Top YouTube Ads in 2016, Think with Google
- VR and marketing: Is virtual reality the next big thing?, Tune
- What Counts As a Video View on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat?, Buffer Blog
- What Will the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB Do Now That Vine Has Gone?, Tubular Insights