Marketing Day: Google Earnings Report, Top 10 2015 Super Bowl Ads & Facebook’s 3 Billion Daily Video Views
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Revenues: $18 Billion For Q4 ($66 Billion For Year) But CPCs Down Again
Google announced full year 2014 revenues of $66 billion, which was up 19 percent vs. 2013. The fourth quarter saw revenues of $18.1 billion, up 15 percent vs. Q4 2013. Quarterly revenues and earnings per share were a miss, based on consensus analyst estimates. Shares are down in after-hours trading. The following are the high […]
- Top 10 2015 Super Bowl Commercials: Budweiser’s “Lost Dog” In the Lead With 7 Million Views So Far
Ads released before game day have already generated more than 35 million combined views.
- How Marketers Can Turn Super Bowl Mania Into Sales With Retargeting
The surge in media consumption around the big game gives marketers big opportunities to re-connect with site visitors engaging with Super Bowl content.
- Building A Brand From Inside The NFL: 5 Questions With Indianapolis Colts Head Of Marketing
“We’ve learned it’s vital to be able to adapt quickly to accommodate the every-changing nature of social media.”
- Björn Borg Introduces New Fashion Line With Online Game
In a takeoff of the “First Person Shooter” genre, “First Person Lover” puts players in the new collection’s clothes and even enables online purchases.
- Facebook Launches Opt-In Local Place Tips
Foursquare Tips meet Facebook Place Tips. Today Facebook introduced Place Tips, which offer a range of content, information and recommendations about places in the real world. The value is obvious. As with Foursquare Tips, Facebook Place Tips offer advice and information from the location’s Facebook Page and from people in your network who’ve been there […]
- Tumblr Goes Long Form With New ‘Bloggy’ Update
New post and editing features may toss Tumblr in the mix as a legitimate blogging platform for brands.
- More Super Bowl 2015 Commercials & Teaser Ads: GoDaddy’s Puppy Causes A Stir & Budweiser’s Finds Its Way Home
Charged with supporting the inhumane treatment of dogs, GoDaddy pulled its Super Bowl ad within hours of its release.
- Google Will Retire “Other Interests” Display Network Targeting Feb 17
An Upgrade Center will roll out to manage bulk campaign changes to affinity or in-market audience targeting.
- Google Analytics Simplifies Remarketing Set Up With “Instant Activation”
To improve implementation success rates, Google auto-enables Advertiser Features, eliminates the need for retargeting tag updates in Universal Analytics users.
- Growth In Android-To-iPhone “Switchers” Coming From Outside US
Powered in part by the popularity of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in China, Apple delivered amazing quarterly results this week, selling nearly 75 million iPhones in the quarter. Accordingly Apple has now pulled roughly even with rival Samsung in terms of global smartphone sales. Samsung reported quarterly earnings earlier today that showed, relatively […]
- How Marketers Can Keep Pace As Mobile Rises And Matures
Columnist Soo Jin Oh reviews mobile trends over the 2014 holiday season revealing the power of mobile for e-tailers and e-commerce.
- What Google’s New Inbox Means For Marketers
With the recently-introduced interface option, consumer behavior is likely to change. Contributor Kevin Gallant explains how marketers can shift their approach to match.
- Parse.ly Launches New Analytics Platform With Visitor Engagement & Retention Data
Publishers are increasingly looking past clicks and pageviews to focus on deeper, attention-based data.
- Search Engine Land’s SMX West Conference Rates Increase Saturday – Register Now
Search Engine Land’s – SMX West conference rates increase Saturday, January 31st. Register now and save on all passes! Join us March 3-5 in San Jose for: Cutting edge tactics. Choose from over 60 sessions on paid search advertising (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), local search, mobile marketing and more. Check out the agenda. Unbiased, […]
- Facebook Now Gets 3 Billion Video Views A Day
Video views on the network have tripled since September.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Big Digital Marketing Resolutions For 2016
- 5 Search Ad Copy Resolutions For 2015
- How Medical Practices & Practitioners Should Set Up Google My Business
- Search Engine Land’s SMX West Conference Rates Increase Saturday – Register Now
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How analytics can be used to inform product development, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Ideas to Inspire Your Next Blog Post, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 4 Ways Your Internal Blog Can Help with Project Management, www.blogherald.com
- How to Stand Out. It Matters More Than You Think., www.blogtyrant.com
- How to stay focused on your blogging goals?, www.probloggingsuccess.com
- The Secrets to Building a More Strategic, Valuable Blog, www.amyporterfield.com
- The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Publishing Interviews, www.iblogzone.com
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating an Expert Roundup Post That Gets 1000s of Shares, boostblogtraffic.com
- Why Having A Solid Plan Will Rapidly Accelerate Your Blog’s Growth, www.bloggingwizard.com
- Gap, Banana Republic Eliminate Global CMO Roles, adage.com
- Mashable, Business Insider Get New Funding, Wall Street Journal
- 6 Best Practices for Branding Co-Marketed Content, www.iacquire.com
- Content Marketing for Lead Generation vs Demand Generation, blog.hootsuite.com
- Content, Community, Commerce: Inside Marriott’s Thriving 65-Person Content Studio, contently.com
- Does Your 2015 Content Marketing Strategy Cover These Trends?, www.marketingtechblog.com
- Does Your Small Business Have a Content Marketing Strategy?, www.imageworkscreative.com
- Introduction To Real-Time Content Marketing, blog.visual.ly
- Survey: Demand for content-marketing expertise outpaces supply of skilled job-seekers, PR Newswire
- The Critical Importance of “Segment Thinking” in Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 12 Tweaks to Increase Customer Conversion Rates, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 7 Conversion Marketing Terms as Explained by Urban Dictionary, unbounce.com
- Examples of Good and Bad Landing Pages, ppc.org
- Multivariate Test increases CTA Button Clickthroughs by 9.1%, vwo.com
- The CRO’s Persuasion Guidebook, Part 2, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Things that Will Change Experience Design in 2015, uxmag.com
- 4 Things You Can Learn From Fitmob’s Seductive Copywriting, www.seocopywriting.com
- 9 Copywriting Rules To Create Hypnotic Posts Your Readers Will Love, www.problogger.net
- How to Recruit Your Target Audience for UX Testing: Screener Questions, www.usertesting.com
- Usability and Affordability: The Perfect Match for Customer Retention?, usabilitygeek.com
- How I sold A website for 150k that I couldn’t for 25k, www.shoemoney.com
- Alibaba Earnings Suffer in the Push for Mobile Shopping, adage.com
- Can retailers bring personalisation from clicks to bricks?, econsultancy.com
- Case Study: Amazon’s App Store Optimization, blog.similarweb.com
- E-retailers deliver holiday orders faster and make returns easier, www.internetretailer.com
- PrestaShop disrupts the ecommerce market with cloud software for merchants, www.prestashop.com
- Retailers must embrace in-store pickup, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 3 Lessons Spammers Taught Me About Marketing to Strangers, www.businessesgrow.com
- A look inside how you’re using Inbox, gmailblog.blogspot.com
- Email Address Verification, Hygiene and Validation Providers, www.marketingtechblog.com
- Google Offering 24 Hours Of Inbox Invites On The Day Of Outlook’s iOS Launch, techcrunch.com
- How to Connect With Email-Fatigued Prospects in Three Simple Steps, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Make Money With email Marketing From Day One, whoisjonleuty.com
- Interactive Emails – Beyond the Promotion, blog.returnpath.com
- The man behind Obama’s “hope and change” emails is writing similar ones for Uber, qz.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Life Lessons from a Career in Marketing, www.stateofdigital.com
- What B-to-B Marketers Can Learn from Super Bowl Advertisers, adage.com
- A deeper look at Outlook for iOS and Android, blogs.office.com
- A New Look: Yahoo App Debuts Fresh Features, yahoo.tumblr.com
- B2B buyers demand mobile-optimized content, www.internetretailer.com
- Google Play Downloads Are Growing Faster, but Apple Is Still Winning the Money Race, recode.net
- It’s The Year Of Mobile…Again!, www.ppchero.com
- Small- and medium-sized businesses prefer Apple over Android, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 Creative Ways Top Shoe Brands Use Locations to Drive Instagram Engagement, simplymeasured.com
- Fewer Than Half Trust Social Media for News, Says Study, www.adweek.com
- Five Steps For Success In Social Media Advertising, blog.zogdigital.com
- Five tips for effective social media marketing, www.internetretailer.com
- Here’s How Advertisers Are Taking Twitter to the Next Level During the Super Bowl, www.adweek.com
- How to Use Social Engagement to Build Consumer Trust, relevance.com
- Silent but deadly: the Frequency of your FaceBook Ads, adespresso.com
- Social Media Promotion Etiquette, www.yourforumblog.com
- The Mindset, Skillset, Dataset Approach to Social Media, www.adweek.com
- The one chart that shows how Facebook has nailed mobile, qz.com
- Tools and Strategies for Social Media Teams, blog.bufferapp.com
- WhatsApp to Change Social Media Marketing?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Why You Can’t Ignore Social’s Selling Power, www.marketingprofs.com
- Flexibility Drives Digital Video Viewing in Canada, www.emarketer.com
- How to Hack YouTube Video Titles to Get More Views, www.reelseo.com
- More People Share Personal Videos on Facebook Than YouTube, Says Study, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Begins Autoplaying Next Videos Instead of Just Displaying Recommended Videos, www.thesempost.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.