Marketing Day: Google gains smart speaker share, Pinterest attracts 50M shoppers & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Google continues to gain global smart speaker share
Aug 15, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Amazon is still the global leader, but its market share has been eroded by new competition. In the US, it still has a 70 percent share.
- Digitas report: Brand loyalty is at risk with voice-based purchases
Aug 15, 2018 by Barry Levine
The problem, says the marketing agency, is that most users will buy the first option presented by a voice agent.
- Forget me not: 3 steps to make your PPC ads more memorable
Aug 15, 2018 by Purna Virji
What makes text ads memorable? Contributor Purna Virji looks at ways to keep text ads fresh and top of mind by optimizing ad targeting and implementing ad extensions.
- How to increase your PageSpeed in WordPress
Aug 15, 2018 by Dave Davies
With over 59% of websites using WordPress as a CMS, optimizing them to load quickly is a good idea. Contributor Dave Davies walks through key steps and shows how to optimize a WordPress site for Google PageSpeed.
- Why you’ll benefit from fully funding your core brand terms on Amazon
Aug 15, 2018 by David Hassler
You may be wondering why you’d want to buy brand keywords on Amazon since results will feature your products anyway. Contributor David Hassler argues protecting your brand space is well worth the time and money.
- Pinterest says it will attract some 50M back-to-school shoppers this season
Aug 15, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Kohl’s, DSW and The Children’s Place are among the retail brands running back-to-school ads on Pinterest this year.
- Analysts say Amazon’s advertising business will surpass AWS by 2021
Aug 14, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Amazon’s ad revenue is on track to more than triple in the next couple of years, according to Piper Jaffray.
- Report: Traditional methods of personalization don’t work for millennials and Gen Z
Aug 14, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The report from video platform VidMob also found that despite a waning interest in celebrity tie-ins, influencers still have an effect on Gen Z.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Modern tools & techniques to bolster top-funnel, 3rd-party demand gen
Aug 15, 2018 by Scott Vaughan
Inbound marketing has dominated many brands’ strategies recently, but contributor Scott Vaughn explains how technological advances are enabling better outbound efforts.
- Fake social accounts: Another problem for marketers to monitor
Aug 15, 2018 by Barry Levine
For New York City-based threat intelligence firm IntSights, it’s a never-ending battle against posts from imitation brands and CEOs.
- Survey: People fear loss of personal data more than having their cars stolen
Aug 15, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
In an earlier survey, people valued their data at only $250.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Pinterest Statistics Every Marketer Should Know in 2018, Infographic Journal
- 3 Examples of High Performing Facebook Ads That Drive Leads and Sales, Jeff Bullas
- 5 Inspiring Content Marketing Case Studies (with Results!), Marketo
- How to Optimize Your Facebook Advertising Campaign, Supermetrics
- Instagram Advertising 101 for eCommerce Marketers, Acquisio
- Issue affecting access to Instagram accounts, Instagram-press
- Let’s Steal From the Marketing Technology Supergraphic, Velocity Partners
- What Competitive Intelligence Can Teach You About Your Own Content Strategy, Skyword
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.