Marketing Day: Google I/O Coverage, Instagram Carousel Ads Go Global & Twitter Automates Amplify
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Photos: Now With Unlimited Storage For Your Photos & Video
As expected Google splits its photo product from Google+ and hopes to do for photo storage with Gmail did for email.
- Instagram Will Give Carousel Ads A Global Push
Starting June 1, the company will make the ad unit available in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Germany, France and Brazil.
- Google Announces Major Ads Push To Court App Developers
New tools, integrations and formats unveiled in Google I/O keynote.
- Twitter Launches Auto Amplify To Simplify Creation & Purchase Of Video Clip Ads
Twitter gives advertisers self-service access to its video clip advertising product, according to a story in Forbes.
- Google Photos, Android Pay, App Campaigns, Offline Maps & “Now on Tap” Some Of Many Google I/O 2015 Keynote Announcements
Moves seek to strengthen Google in some areas where it’s behind Apple while others push it even further ahead of its arch-rival.
- Data Exposes Scandalously Low Adoption Of Conversion Optimization Tools
Should you invest in optimization tools? Columnist Brian Massey dishes out data on how many businesses are using them and whether that gives them a leg up.
- Report: Google Had $12 Billion In Mobile Search Revenue, 75 Percent From iOS
Yesterday the New York Times exposed part of a Goldman Sachs report in which the firm estimated that roughly 75 percent of Google’s mobile search revenue was generated by users of iPhones and iPads.
- Why These Email Marketing Tactics Are Important For The Presidential Campaigns (And Your Email Campaigns, Too)
In the first of this four-part series, columnist Tom Sathers reveals three key factors in determining a successful email marketing strategy.
- Apple, Google And PayPal Jockey For Position In Mobile Payments
Among the anticipated announcements at Google I/O is a revamped and reinvigorated payments strategy.
- Google Confirms “Buy” Button Is Coming To Search Ads
Buttons will enable consumers to shop right from Google.
- California Milk Processors Target Hispanics With $2,000 Scholarship Contest
The “Got Milk?” brand is partnering with Latina mom bloggers to spread the word about the bilingual art contest.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- AdWords Dimensions Tab Now Features Both Ad Group & Campaign Detail Reports
- Coming Soon: “Now On Tap,” An Expanded Version Of Google Now That Works In Apps & Mobile Browsers
- Google’s New Universal App Campaigns Push App Promotions Across Search, YouTube, AdMob, Display
- How A “Good” AdWords Campaign Structure Can Hinder Advanced Insights & Strategies
- 3 Ways To Turn Your Data Into Stories To Earn Authoritative Links
- Problems With Google My Business? Use Phone Support!
- Google Says “Near Me” Searches Have Doubled This Year
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing: Manage In-house or Outsource?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Publisher Stories: Deepak Tailor, LatestFreeStuff.co.uk, blog.affiliatewindow.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 Ways to Grow Your Blog Audience, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A 4-Step Blogger Outreach Tool for Identifying Influencers, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Pet Bloggers Are the Next Big Brand Influencers, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Apple Acquires Augmented Reality Company Metaio, techcrunch.com
- Netflix now accounts for nearly 37% of peak web traffic in North America, qz.com
- 7 Tips We Learned Analyzing 75 Content Marketing Examples, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 9 Content Marketing Trends You Ignore At Your Own Risk, pushingsocial.com
- Eight surprisingly interesting examples of finance content, econsultancy.com
- Exposing The Generational Content Gap: Three Ways to Reach Multiple Generations, moz.com
- How Automation Will Change Content and Native Ads, www.emarketer.com
- What is Brand Storytelling?, smallbiztrends.com
- Why You Need to Create Long, Evergreen Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Building Conversion Strategy with Time and Empathy, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Charm, Convert, Retain: A Marketer’s Guide to Dating, blogs.constantcontact.com
- This Cognitive Bias Will Help You Create More Persuasive Landing Pages, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Five reasons your customer experience initiative is going to fail, econsultancy.com
- Modals on Mobile: How to use them wisely, uxmag.com
- What is responsive web development?, www.branded3.com
- What Is The Next Frontier For Human Computer Interaction?, usabilitygeek.com
- .berlin CEO prime suspect in ICANN data breach, domainincite.com
- All 32 NFL Teams Register a .Football Domain, But Only 10 Colleges Do, www.thedomains.com
- FTC to ICANN on .Sucks: Yeah, we told you this would happen, domainnamewire.com
- 3 ways to keep mobile shoppers from ditching app shopping carts, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Amazon launches free same-day delivery for Prime members in 500 U.S. cities, www.geekwire.com
- Amazon Plans to Add Its Own Line of Food, www.wsj.com
- Feed Your E-Commerce Engine Great Content, www.cmswire.com
- Is your online store a ticking time bomb? Five ways to slow down the clock, www.internetretailer.com
- Nabbing that second online order is key to cementing a customer relationship, www.internetretailer.com
- Three tips for creating a successful e-commerce brand, www.internetretailer.com
- 11 quick tips for email marketing that get results, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 5 Ways to Get More People to Read Your Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- GoDaddy Announces Launch of Email Marketing Initiative, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Allen Edmonds Boosted Email Click-Throughs by 300%, blog.movableink.com
- How to Add Live Website Content to an Email, blog.movableink.com
- Thanks to you, Inbox by Gmail is now open to everyone, gmailblog.blogspot.com
- The A/B and Cs of Email Campaign Testing, blog.crazyegg.com
- The Power of List Hygiene, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- 40+ B2B Marketing Statistics and Benchmarks to Inspire Performance Throughout 2015, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Twitter’s Got It Right: Why CFOs Can Oversee Marketing, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Nielsen Launches Digital Ad Ratings in China, www.nielsen.com
- Sublime Skinz announces $5M raise from France’s ISAI, venturebeat.com
- Ad Tech And The Customer File: State Of The Courtship, adexchanger.com
- The Platform is the Easy Part, www.cmswire.com
- A Murky Road Ahead for Android, Despite Market Dominance, New York Times
- Deconstructing the App Store Rankings Formula with a Little Mad Science, moz.com
- In Canada, Mobile Drives Significant Gains in Time Spent with Media, www.emarketer.com
- Local Advertising: It’s all About Full-Funnel Attribution, blog.biakelsey.com
- 4 Steps to Go Above and Beyond in Social Media Customer Service, www.wordstream.com
- A Four-Step Social Media Strategy That Pays Off, www.martechadvisor.com
- Advertising is Integral to the Future of Snapchat, www.adweek.com
- Another Online Marketing Opportunity is Knocking: Hello #HashtagSearch, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Building a scalable machine vision pipeline, engineering.pinterest.com
- Don’t Want to Babysit Social Media? Use These 4 Tools, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook Instant Articles: Love ‘Em or Hate ‘Em?, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook is testing a new tool to lock down user logins, www.theverge.com
- Getting Started with Facebook Local Awareness Ads, www.clixmarketing.com
- Give Your Facebook A Facelift: Social Media for Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, www.searchinfluence.com
- How Fortune 500 Companies Engage Job Seekers on Twitter, www.marketingprofs.com
- Measuring and Driving Social Media Success with Aetna’s Lauren Vargas, www.stonetemple.com
- Slideshare is the digital marketing secret weapon, www.convinceandconvert.com
- This is Evan Spiegel’s refreshingly simple description of Snapchat, qz.com
- To capitalize on social media, companies rethink their products and services, econsultancy.com
- True Impact of Social Media Marketing for Business, www.toprankblog.com
- Want to Party With Tinder? Swipe Right on Its Sponsored Post, www.adweek.com
- What $5 Per Day Will Buy You on Facebook Ads, blog.bufferapp.com
- Why you are unsure how to advertise on Twitter, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Business Insider Doubles Down On Video, adexchanger.com
- Facebook Video’s Five Key Metrics for Measuring Success, simplymeasured.com
- From the editor: How Quartz is doing video, qz.com
- GoPro and Google are partnering to make 360-degree virtual reality videos, qz.com
- Video: The Contender Takes the Marketing Title, www.marketingprofs.com
- YouTube A to Z #HappyBirthdayYouTube, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- YouTube’s Bethany Mota Redefines Being a Celebrity, blogs.wsj.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.