Marketing Day: Facebook Updates Trending, Google Voted Best Place To Work & Instagram Hits 300 Million Users
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Rolling Out Search App Engagement Ads With Deep Linking
Rolling out of beta this week, the search engagement ad is the latest in Google’s app promotion ad formats.
- Facebook Updates Trending & Gives It A Mobile Push
Playing catch-up to Twitter as a real-time public square, Facebook refines its solution with sections that divide the conversation about news events.
- Is Your 2015 Integrated Digital Marketing Plan Complete?
The new year is just around the corner and progressive brands are analyzing and prioritizing digital integration in their 2015 plans. In this Digital Marketing Depot webcast, Mike Corak, Executive Vice President of Strategy at ethology, and David Robidoux, Vice President of Marketing at Franchise Services Corporation, will share the key considerations to keep top […]
- Google Voted “Best Place To Work” In 2014 By Glassdoor’s Employee Choice Awards
Google takes the lead, while Facebook drops out of the top ten and Twitter fails to even make the list after ranking No. 2 last year.
- Police Department Stunt Surprises Pulled-Over Drivers With Christmas Gifts
At a time when the police are getting plenty of criticism, one city’s department aims to stand out by doing good deeds for random citizens.
- NYT Best-Selling Author Of Click Bill Tancer To Keynote SMX West 2015
Author of “Everyone’s a Critic: Winning Customers in a Review-Driven World” and GM of Global Research for Experian Marketing Services to be featured speaker at the SMX West conference on March 4, 2015.
- Instagram Hits 300 Million Active Users, Adds Badges For Verified Accounts
The Facebook-owned visual social network passes Twitter, adding 100 million users since March.
- In Black Friday Aftermath, iPhone 6 Activity Outperforms Competitors
What insights can we glean from smartphone web usage post-Black Friday? Find out from columnist Andrew Waber of Chitika.
- Velcro Industries Vice President Of Global Marketing Proves It Takes An Eye For Design To Create A Brand That Sticks
Get to Know: Jurjen Jacobs, Velcro Industries Vice President of Global Marketing & Innovation
- Survey Of 500+ Publishers Reveals How They Want To Be Pitched [Part II]
A well-written subject line is the key to getting great placements, but how do you craft a good one? Contributor Kelsey Libert shares tips based on a survey of more than 500 publishers.
- Google’s Responsive Lightbox Ads Now Available In AdWords
The rich media ad units automatically resize to fit all screens and can incorporate assets from YouTube, Google Maps.
- Twitter And Facebook Launch Their 2014 “Year In Review” With Top Content, Trends & More
The most popular trends and top content from 2014 have been released by both Facebook and Twitter.
- The Email Year In Review: Data, Data Breaches & Multi-Screen Consumers
What developments have we seen in 2014 that promise to have a big impact on email marketing? Contributor Tom Sather details the trends to watch.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Overhauls AdWords Editor: Version 11 Released Globally
- Google Mobile Friendly Label Goes International
- NYT Best-Selling Author And Consumer Behavior Expert Bill Tancer To Keynote SMX West 2015
- Google Launches Custom Columns In AdWords For Deeper Metric Segmentation
- Understanding Cross-Device Attribution And Adjusting Campaigns Accordingly
- The Dynamics Of The Search Ad Marketplace: Dissecting A Moving Target
- Google Says Penguin To Shift To “Continuous Updates”
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- What social media analytics don’t tell you, www.marketingpilgrim.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Invaluable Lessons Learned From Writing 300 Blog Posts, www.impactbnd.com
- Blogging on LinkedIn – Can It Convert?, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Choose Blog Topics for Your Vacation Rental Company, www.paveya.com
- How To Get More People To Read Your Blog Content, www.johnchow.com
- The Essential How to Guide on Generating Leads with Business Blogging, www.jeffbullas.com
- Writing a blog: creating a clear blog post structure, yoast.com
- 5 Lessons From Publishing Over 1000 Stories This Year, contently.com
- Content Marketing Explained, www.dexmedia.com
- Content Marketing in the United Kingdom: Engagement and Leads Take Center Stage, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Everything You Need To Know About Sponsored Content, moz.com
- Four Ways to Boost Your Content’s Impact, www.blogherald.com
- How to Get Legal to Say “Yes” to Your Content Marketing, contently.com
- Lessons from the Front Line of Front-End Content Development, moz.com
- Three Ways to Turn Company Secrets into Content, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Why Curation Matters to Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Ways To Utilize Thank You Pages, www.offervault.com
- A No-Fail Process For Writing Landing Page Copy That Converts, unbounce.com
- How Top B2B Companies Use Customer Insights to Succeed: Step 2 – Conversion, www.usertesting.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Incorporating Personalization In Your Next Website Redesign, relevance.com
- The Password Conundrum and User Experience, www.marketingtechblog.com
- Using Requirements to Improve Website Usability, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Dock Name: Crowdsourced Domain Name Finder for Startup, www.domaininvesting.com
- Heritage Auctions to hold super-exclusive domain auction at Waldorf Astoria Hotel, domainnamewire.com
- 7 Ecommerce Secrets That No One Does at This Time of Year, blog.kissmetrics.com
- An Introduction To E-commerce Web Design And Development, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Christmas-is-almost-here Ecommerce Marketing Plan 2014, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Content Discovery’s Impact on Holiday Retail, relevance.com
- eBay’s New iPad App Design Hints At Its E-Commerce Future, techcrunch.com
- Ecommerce Trend: Persuasive Calls to Action, www.getelastic.com
- Half-Math and That Gushing Hole in Your Bucket, uxmag.com
- How retailers can use data personalisation to improve customer experience, econsultancy.com
- Many SMBs not prepared for Cyber Attacks, www.dexmedia.com
- More Sessions for a More Personalized eCommerce Event, www.ppchero.com
- U.K. e-retailers pay a price for failing to make information easy to find, www.internetretailer.com
- Who won the Black Friday and Cyber Monday battles?, blog.unmetric.com
- Zappos to tablet users: DOWNLOAD OUR APP!, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 Proven Strategies to Improve Your Email Marketing Results, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 5 Email Tools That Will Change Your Life, contently.com
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday’s Email Story, blog.movableink.com
- Boost Holiday Sales with These Six Tips, www.verticalresponse.com
- Inbox by Gmail – About to Get Much Cooler, www.offervault.com
General Internet Marketing
- Five Brands That Turned 100 in 2014, www.adweek.com
- Putting the “Integrated” into Integrated Marketing Strategy, www.wordstream.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Esther Lee Leaves AT&T to Lead Global Marketing for MetLife, adage.com
- Square Hires Visa CMO to Lead Customer Acquisition, adage.com
- 12 Mobile Statistics to Get You Amped for 2015, www.highervisibility.com
- Apple and IBM Release New Retail Apps, streetfightmag.com
- Flying ahead: building the perfect mobile travel experience, econsultancy.com
- We’re one step closer to a totally mobile wallet, qz.com
- Why Pat Sajak Wants to Power Hyperlocal Daily Deals for SMBs, streetfightmag.com
- Will Tools Like Apple Pay Move The Needle On Mobile Commerce?, www.adexchanger.com
- Manage Your Online Reputation, www.dexmedia.com
- 3 Ways LinkedIn Ads Are Different Than Other Paid Social, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 30 Things You Must Do On Twitter For Outrageous Success In 2015, blog.getresponse.com
- 4 Holiday Social Campaigns That Win & Why, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Instagram Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Social Media Templates to Save You Hours of Work, blog.hootsuite.com
- Get Social Media Right: Five Things you Just Can’t Miss, www.problogger.net
- Google announces custom gender option for Google+ profile pages coming this week, 9to5google.com
- Google Plus Post Ads Help Extend Reach, blog.raventools.com
- How To Use Social Media To Attract Millennial Buyers, heidicohen.com
- Mobile Pinterest Marketing, blog.tailwindapp.com
- People-based marketing: How Facebook is trying to compete for TV ad dollars, www.insidefacebook.com
- Simplify Your Holiday Season with Facebook Events, Groups, Photos, allfacebook.com
- Social Media ROI’s Missing Ingredient, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The 6 TweetDeck Columns Every Community Manager Should Have, simplymeasured.com
- The Pinterest 100: What to eat, make and try in 2015, blog.pinterest.com
- Three Tips for Improving Twitter Ad Campaigns, www.businessesgrow.com
- What Facebook’s search feature means for brands, publishers, digiday.com
- What you need to know about Dark Social, blog.tamar.com
- Why Millennials Engage With Brands on Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- Attn Brands: Make Video Ads That Viewers Won’t Want to Block, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube’s Updated Autoplay Experiment, googlesystem.blogspot.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.