Marketing Day: Google search trial ads, building digital newsrooms & the MarTech Landscape
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Calculating the value of organic traffic
Mar 14, 2016 by Clay Cazier
Need another way to express the value of SEO? Columnist Clay Cazier details a way to assign value that a PPC-minded manager will appreciate.
- How to amplify your already spectacular SEO to be super-crazy successful
Mar 14, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
You’ve done everything right with your SEO, but you’re still not getting the results you want — what gives? Columnist Stoney deGeyter discusses the ways amplification can help take your SEO efforts to the next level.
- Handling negative reviews: an interview with Jay Baer
Mar 14, 2016 by Brian Patterson
Columnist Brian Patterson interviews New York Times and Amazon best selling author Jay Baer on how businesses and marketers can approach negative reviews.
- “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” updated for 2016
Mar 14, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
The 4th Edition of Marketing Land’s “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for B2B marketing automation software platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software into your business.
- App streaming comes to Google search ads: Android users can try out apps for 10 minutes
Mar 14, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Google introduced Search Trial Ads and other new features for Android developers at the Game Developers Conference.
- How “customer obsession” can focus your marketing tech selections
Mar 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
McKesson exec Rohit Prabhakar’s personal experience gives an added meaning to “customer life cycle.”
- Make new friends, but keep the old: 3 opportunities for uncovering revenue from your existing customers
Mar 14, 2016 by Jordan Elkind
How do you build on the value of your existing customers? Columnist Jordan Elkind says that by segmenting your customers and using the right tools, you can gain valuable insights.
- The “social iceberg”: The data on 1:1 marketing may surprise you
Mar 14, 2016 by Chris Kerns
Columnist Chris Kerns delves into data showing that while the tip of the social media iceberg involves a brand’s entire audience, the bulk of it is made up of one-on-one conversations with individuals.
- Google fails in bid to overturn Russian “no default Android apps” ruling
Mar 14, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The Moscow Arbitration Court upheld the competition regulator’s decision, but Google can appeal.
- How to create your own digital newsroom
Mar 14, 2016 by Andrew Ruegger
Looking to create a way to effectively monitor real-time news in your industry? Columnist Andrew Ruegger shows you how to consolidate real-time information on publishers, publications and social trends to bring you the insights you need.
- Customer Service 101: Three things you can do today to win over your customers
Mar 14, 2016 by Steve Olenski
How do you maintain long-term customer relationships? Columnist Steve Olenski outlines his top three tips for improving your customer service.
- Consumers shape new world of search advertising
Mar 14, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Bing Ads
Since Bing entered the search space just over six years ago, the landscape has transformed, technology has advanced, and the changes are only accelerating. In a time of limitless expectations and technology, consumers are continuing to reshape the search landscape as they look at devices and services to help them do and achieve more.
- MarTech Landscape: What is a supply-side platform (SSP)?
Mar 11, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Learn how supply-side platforms help publishers manage and sell their online advertising inventory.
- Alliance for Audited Media launches its ad blocker detection service
Mar 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
Organization touts the service as the first such detection tech “from an independent, unbiased third party.”
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: Partner Relationships (Part 4 of 8)
Mar 11, 2016 by Lori Weiman
In this installment of her multi-part series on brand bidding, columnist Lori Weiman discusses how to use strategic partnerships to increase paid search performance.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google launches Trial Run Ads for apps in search results to let users play before installing
- Is modern SEO more than the sum of independent parts?
- Google Posts are going to kill (at) local SEO
- Bing launches March Madness search answers, brackets and predictions
- Consumers shape new world of search advertising
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Checklist for Analyzing Website Test Results, www.lunametrics.com
- Don’t Measure Trust. Measure Use, www.cmswire.com
- Forrester Names 4 Customer Analytics Leaders, www.cmswire.com
- The Problem With Marketing Dashboards: Pure Data Visualization Is Rarely Successful, www.marketingprofs.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Ways to Creatively Brainstorm Guest Post Ideas, www.problogger.net
- 6 Essential WordPress Plugins, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Google’s Eric Schmidt: There’s no question AI will put jobs at risk, but it’s natural, Telegraph
- How Apple CEO Tim Cook became Silicon Valley’s conscience, venturebeat.com
- Marissa Mayer Wants Three More Years to Turn Around Yahoo, blogs.wsj.com
- How the Government Turned Bureaucracy Into Content You’ll Actually Like, contently.com
- Media Companies Focus on Marketing Their Content Platforms, adage.com
- The New York Times Buys HelloSociety to Boost its Content Marketing Division, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Build a Content Conversion Funnel, www.razorsocial.com
- Why B2B Marketers Still Struggle to Convert Leads, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Our 8 Best Ad Copywriting Tips EVER!, www.wordstream.com
- How new domains are building better brands, techcrunch.com
- 20 Helpful Plugins for a WordPress Blog, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 strategies to beat Amazon, www.internetretailer.com
- Ecommerce Trends 2016, www.blogherald.com
- The big opportunity selling online to millennials around the world, www.internetretailer.com
- Why the New Crop of E-commerce Brands Should Really Scare Traditional Retailers, www.adweek.com
- 17 B2B Email Marketing Examples, Samples and Templates, www.superoffice.com
- 6 Ecommerce Email Marketing Campaigns for Q2 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
General Internet Marketing
- Growing Importance of Influencer Marketing, and How to Select the Right Influencer, www.martechadvisor.com
- Step Up Your Online Marketing Efforts with These 10 Tips, smallbiztrends.com
- What’s Topping Marketing Managers’ 2016 Wish Lists?, www.emarketer.com
- 5 Tools For Brands Looking To Harness Predictive Social Intelligence, streetfightmag.com
- Marketing and engineering roles dominate the tech industry, but that’s all they have in common, venturebeat.com
- The Predictive Power of Three: Discovery, Scoring and Enrichment in B2B Sales and Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- These 4 Projects Are Helping Gatorade Bolster Its Brand With Technology, www.adweek.com
- 3 lessons for mobile sites from the 2015 holiday season, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Apple’s Phil Schiller promises to address the issue of spammy apps being featured in the App Store, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Mobile Apps: A Guide for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- It’s Valuable, But Is It Accurate? LBMA Report Shines Light On Marketers’ Location Data Issues, streetfightmag.com
- Taco Bell’s Mobile Ads Are Highly Targeted to Make Users Crave Its Breakfast Menu, www.adweek.com
- The Second Smartphone Revolution, avc.com
- Why Facebook Canvas Could Be the Best Thing for Mobile, adage.com
- 2016 Pinterest Trends – What’s Next This Year?, smallbiztrends.com
- 3 Tried-and-True Tactics for Brands Competing in LinkedIn’s Newsfeed, simplymeasured.com
- 5 questions with Facebook’s head of Hollywood marketing magic, digiday.com
- 5 Reasons Why You’re Losing Twitter Followers – And What To Do About It, www.adweek.com
- 7 Best Practices For Using Hashtags, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Dove and Twitter Built a Tool to Measure How Positive or Negative Your Tweets Are, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s Monika Bickert: More Than 1 Million User Violations Reported Daily, www.adweek.com
- How the Pros Get Leads from Social Media, blog.bufferapp.com
- Is Your Social Media Content as Popular as You Think?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Snapchat has a secret team possibly building a pair of smart glasses, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat’s Sponsored Geofilters Are Zeroing in on SXSW Attendees for the First Time, www.adweek.com
- Three Huge Mistakes You’re Committing in Your Social Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- Twitter can predict hurricane damage as well as emergency agencies, www.sciencemag.org
- Brands Love Virtual Reality’s Potential But Want the Medium to Become More Accessible, www.adweek.com
- Free Youtube Video End Card Templates & Tools: The Easiest Way to Add Clickable End Cards, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- How to Grow Your Periscope Audience With Twitter, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- No, Marketers, Not All Video is Created Equal, www.reelseo.com
- Seven tips for driving an emotional response to video marketing, econsultancy.com
- Some Adblock Plus users are reporting problems with YouTube, digiday.com
- Ten Rules of Etiquette for Videoconferencing, www.wsj.com
- The Daily Beast launches two Facebook live video series, digiday.com