Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Google TV ads, LinkedIn matched audiences & Amazon self-service
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google trying TV ad buying again with DoubleClick Bid Manager
Apr 24, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
In a new test, advertisers will be able to buy linear TV spots programmatically via DBM.
- LinkedIn’s new Matched Audiences feature just blew Facebook Custom Audiences out of the water for B2B
Apr 24, 2017 by AJ Wilcox
As LinkedIn rolls out Matched Audiences, columnist AJ Wilcox takes a look at the advanced email match strategies you can use with the new feature and explains why it’s a big win for B2B advertisers.
- The Mufasa Metric: Rethinking attribution in the Engagement Economy
Apr 24, 2017 by Chandar Pattabhiram
Columnist Chandar Pattabhiram explains why marketers today must move beyond vanity metrics and instead seek true alignment metrics, such as pipeline, revenue, and big strategic metrics like Lifetime Value (LTV) and number of brand advocates.
- Amazon launches self-serve marketplace for subscription-based sellers
Apr 24, 2017 by Matt McGee
Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Dropbox among initial group of companies offering products and services via ‘Subscribe with Amazon’ platform.
- [Reminder] Live Webinar: 5 Hottest Trends in Advanced Analytics
Apr 24, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing data is everywhere. With so many new consumer touch points — from chatbots to in-store beacons and virtual assistants — the sheer variety and volume of data is exploding. Beyond your out-of-the box product dashboards, custom Excel spreadsheets and basic data visualizations, are you really leveraging your data in meaningful ways? Isn’t it time […]
- 5 must-dos for SEO beginners
Apr 24, 2017 by Jordan Kasteler
If you’re new to SEO, or if it isn’t your primary focus, you might be neglecting tactics that will really move the needle. Contributor Jordan Kasteler outlines 5 things you should be doing and shares tools to help you accomplish these tasks.
- Images: Your easiest page speed win
Apr 24, 2017 by Kristine Schachinger
Page speed is important for both rankings and user experience, yet columnist Kristine Schachinger notes that many companies are missing an easy opportunity to improve in this area: image optimization.
- Snapchat starts selling Sponsored Geofilter ads thru its API as travel, event seasons kick off
Apr 24, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat’s Sponsored Lens format remains its only ad type not yet available through its ad API.
- ColorTV adds search to its OTT services with purchase of Guidebox
Apr 24, 2017 by Barry Levine
The acquisition means that ColorTV now can use search results to focus its program recommendations or content promotion for online TV services.
- My advice to Google and Facebook on brand safety
Apr 24, 2017 by James Green
Columnist James Green calls on tech behemoths Facebook and Google to work together to allow for transparency that will help fight ad fraud and ensure brand safety.
- 4 ways to measure and realize the value in your content
Apr 24, 2017 by David Booth
How do you know if you’re getting the most out of your investment in content? Columnist David Booth outlines four tactics to help you define and measure the impact of your content.
- LinkedIn officially rolling out Matched Audiences targeting to all advertisers this week
Apr 24, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Starting this week, all LinkedIn advertisers can aim their ads based on people’s web browsing, their email addresses and their employers.
- How 7 leading brands are winning at paid search
Apr 21, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Whether your goal is to maximize revenue generated with existing budgets, boost profitability, reduce costs or grow revenue within targets, using seven real-life examples, this white paper from 7 can help you get there. This white paper covers: how Predictive Search Bidding gives you the power to optimize every bid, maximize ROI and reduce costs. […]
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Impress, Not Overwhelm, Your CMO with Analytics, PPC Hero
- The Four Statistical Concepts Every Online Marketer Should Know, KISS Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Things You Need To Know When Launching Your Startup’s Blog, www.blogherald.com
- New Plugin Offers Better Plugin Recommendations in the WordPress Admin, wptavern.com
- Account-Based Marketing: What Content Marketers Need to Know, Content Marketing Institute
- Should Pharmaceutical Companies Be Allowed to Do Content Marketing?, Contently
- The Beginner’s Guide to Google Optimize, ConversionXL
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Riding the UX Horse to Create Empowered, Successful, Loyal Users, www.uxmatters.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Can ecommerce marketplaces expand a brand?, Practical E-Commerce
- Customer Obsession Defines Amazon and Digital, www.cmswire.com
- Retailers still Standing: 3 Tips for Battling Amazon, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Breakthrough Mobile Marketing Platform Uses Location-Based Data to Deliver Targeted Social Media Advertising, PR Web
- Eyeota Delivers Precision Targeting to B2B Marketers Through New Data Marketplace Integration, get.eyeota.com
- Header Bidding Unleashed A Huge Infrastructure Problem And Ad Tech Will Either Sink Or Swim, Ad Exchanger
- How AI is bound to change B2B sales and marketing forever, eConsultancy
- How Merkle’s Data Chops Deliver For Dentsu Aegis Network, Ad Exchanger
- Separating marketing technology fact from fiction at #MarTech in 2 weeks, Chief Marketing Technologist Blog
- Top 4 AI Implementation Challenges and How to Address Them, www.martechadvisor.com
- Drumroll please! The nominees for the Google Play Awards are…, Google Blog
- Introducing the next generation of Jump, blog.google
- 3 Powerful Social Advertising Tools to Track Offline Transactions, 3Q Digital
- How CrossCheck used social media monitoring to find fake news, www.newswhip.com
- How to Use the Facebook Split Testing Feature for Ads, Social Media Examiner
- Instagram is down around the world, TechCrunch