Marketing Day: Google updates Ad Settings, Facebook PR head leaves & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The five facets of media
Jun 15, 2018 by Peter Minnium
A lot has changed in the media world in recent years, but contributor Peter Minnium explains how some aspects of the media experience remain fundamental.
- Facebook’s head of communications & public policy is leaving the company
Jun 15, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Elliot Schrage, who has led communications around Facebook’s response to the Cambridge Analytica scandal, has been with the company for 10 years.
- Find the right marketing automation software for your business
Jun 15, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing organizations of all sizes are being inundated by data from multiple digital marketing channels and an increasing number of consumer devices. Faced with challenging market dynamics and increasing ROI pressure, more marketers are using marketing automation platforms to manage complex, multitouch buyer ecosystems.
- How does Yelp’s review solicitation penalty work?
Jun 15, 2018 by Joy Hawkins
Contributor Joy Hawkins provides an overview of how Yelp’s review solicitation penalty works and explains why you should not ask for reviews.
- Report: 52% of millennials want retailers to mirror their values
Jun 15, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Survey from Euclid shows components that fuel favorable brand perception.
- Pinterest Marketing Partner program adds creative segment with 7 ad platforms
Jun 15, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Pinterest advertisers will now be able to use Vidmob, Popular Pays, Social Native, Vidsy, Shutterstock Custom, QuickFrame and The Online Studio.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Is your customer the unifying thread? How to do martech right
Jun 15, 2018 by Debbie Qaqish
How you approach martech is highly dependent on the thread that’s unifying all of your decision-making. Contributor Debbie Qaqish explains how this affects your chances of success.
- This week in GDPR: OneTrust reports high usage of its DSAR tool, Altify updates its platform & more
Jun 15, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
A weekly wrap-up of how companies are adapting to the new General Data Protection Regulation
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook used less for news as youngsters turn to WhatsApp, Reuters
- Improved accuracy of Like & Dislike counts across YouTube, Google
- The Right Social Media Image Sizes, Search Engine People
- What is a customer data platform? How is it different from a DMP or CRM?, Econsultancy
- Why diversity of talent is a matter of life and death for creative agencies., Think With Google
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.