Marketing Day: Google’s ‘Funding Choices’ ad messaging, net neutrality & loyalty programs
Amy Gesenhues on April 16, 2018 at 4:15 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google brings ‘Funding Choices’ ad messaging to more countries & adds subscription offer
Apr 16, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Launched last June, Google’s ‘Funding Choices’ platform was designed to help publishers recover lost revenue from ad-blockers.
- Last chance! MarTech kicks off one week from today
Apr 16, 2018 by Marketing Land
It’s finally here! MarTech® takes place next week — April 23-25 — in San Jose. If you’re responsible for leveraging marketing technology to drive growth, profitability and extraordinary customer experiences, you don’t want to miss this event! You’ll have a terrific experience at MarTech.
- Why publishers should be taking action on net neutrality
Apr 16, 2018 by Andy Evans
The repeal of net neutrality rules is set to take effect next week. Contributor Andy Evans believes independent publishers will suffer a blow and offers tips on what they can do in response.
- An expert on loyalty programs has a warning for blockchain startups
Apr 16, 2018 by Barry Levine
If you’re thinking of setting up a universal currency exchange for loyalty points, says a marketing exec, you’re working against the interests of brands.
- How GDPR may help drive blockchain usage for content
Apr 16, 2018 by Randy Apuzzo
Contributor Randy Apuzzo explains how blockchain for content can help build trust and transparency in the digital economy, in keeping with the spirit of GDPR.
- Solving for cross-device complexity with multi-touch attribution
Apr 13, 2018 by Chuck Moran
Multi-touch attribution isn’t new, but technological advances have brought it within reach and made it more important than ever, says contributor Chuck Moran.
- Where software innovation is needed today: Martech
Apr 13, 2018 by Rob Rasko
While there are clear leaders in software for publishers and agencies, contributor Rob Rasko says marketers still need an end-to-end solution to unify their activities.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Content nurturing for ABM: Moving from theory to practice
Apr 16, 2018 by Sonjoy Ganguly
It’s easy to talk about using content to move prospects through the purchase funnel. Contributor Sonjoy Ganguly explains how to turn talk into action.
- Fake videos could threaten what is left of reality
Apr 16, 2018 by Barry Levine
New, cheap tools to create realistic-looking fake videos are already here, and brand reputation, news reporting and political campaigns may never be the same.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Question to Ask Before Launching a New Campaign, Marketo
- How Russian Facebook Ads Divided and Targeted US Voters Before the 2016 Election, WIRED
- How to convert Amazon buyers to your customers (without breaking the rules), Practical Ecommerce
- How to Do Remarketing Right: The Key Is Incremental Revenue, MarketingProfs
- How to Reshare an Instagram Post to Your Instagram Stories, Social Media Examiner
- Introducing Prime Time Anytime: A Program Offering Marketing Insights and Solutions to Help Build Your Brand, Facebook Business
- Why Ad Tech In Search Of An Exit Has Reason To Hope, AdExchanger
- Why Authentic Marketing Is Really Your Only Option, CMS Wire
- Your GDPR + Email Marketing Playbook: How to Prepare for the New EU Data Law, AWeber