Marketing Day: Google’s new interpreter mode, Brightcove to buy Ooyala, 2019 martech trends
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google rolls out ‘interpreter mode’ for Home and smart displays
Feb 14, 2019 by Greg Sterling
Users invoke the feature in one of several ways and it keeps going until you verbally turn it off.
- Brightcove to buy video ad tech platform Ooyala for $15 million
Feb 14, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Brightcove CEO says the deal will immediately grow the company’s global workforce and accelerate its ability to deliver deeper support for customers.
- Skimlinks launches automated affiliate links for AMP
Feb 13, 2019 by Barry Levine
The UK-based firm says this is the first such automated solution for affiliate links on AMP pages.
- Adjust unveils a new standard to combat fraudulent ad clicks
Feb 13, 2019 by Barry Levine
Called Click Validation Through Proof of Impression, it ties an ID in the ad impression to an ID in the ad click, and it is being adopted by a range of ad tech firms.
- LinkedIn adds custom list sharing, Salesforce tie-in to Sales Navigator
Feb 13, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
LinkedIn will now let sales reps share the lead and account lists they create with team members.
- 2019 Martech Trends You Need To Know
Feb 13, 2019 by Digital Marketing Depot
Join the godfather of martech, Scott Brinker, for a live, exclusive look at the three overarching trends shaping marketing technology today and in the future: The maturing of martech platform ecosystems. The blending of software and services. The rise of citizen engineers.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Tappx teams with Pixalate for industry-first accredited OTT fraud solution
Feb 14, 2019 by Robin Kurzer
Pixalate estimates that OTT fraud will rob marketers of up to $10 billion in ad spend annually by 2020.
- Optimizely lets marketers create ideas and access experiment data through new Slack integration
Feb 14, 2019 by Barry Levine
The testing platform’s new link with the popular collaboration tool aims to bring Optimizely’s capabilities into users’ daily workflows.
- Identity management investment can pay off, here’s how
Feb 14, 2019 by Marc Rossen
Marketers must examine how people-based IDs differ and how quality impacts identity through activation. Learn how to evaluate your program.
- 5 hurdles RCS messaging has to overcome for universal adoption
Feb 14, 2019 by Henry Cazalet
What’s the hold up with using RCS to send rich media messages and host group chats across all mobile devices and networks right out of the box? Well, a lot actually.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon buys Eero and another way into your home, Quartz
- Consumer Acquisition Launches Performance Templates and Automated Video, Consumer Acquisition
- Data Transparency Laws Are Coming. Are You Ready to Disclose?, AdExchanger
- Facebook’s Most Intriguing New Hires Aren’t in Silicon Valley – They’re in Washington, Gizmodo
- Facebook, Google top mobile ROI rankings while Snapchat surges, Mobile Marketer
- How Effective Is Influencer Marketing in 2019?, MediaKix
- How to increase your likes with a Facebook like button in email, My Emma
- HubSpot Integrates LinkedIn Ads into Professional and Enterprise Tiers of Marketing Hub, MarketWatch
- Study: Voice assistant usage to surge 320% to 8B by 2023, Retail Dive
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.