Marketing Day: #HashtagBowl, Amazon earnings & Snap IPO
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- FTC issues report and guidelines on cross-device tracking
Feb 3, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Transparency, consumer choice, data sensitivity and security are the four principles that companies must respect.
- Amazon Prime now has more than 50 million items, dwarfing Walmart’s new competitor
Feb 3, 2017 by Matt McGee
Announcement of latest milestone comes just days after Walmart announced its Prime competitor.
- Get your ad game on with Marketing Land’s #HashtagBowl live blog on Sunday
Feb 3, 2017 by Pamela Parker
Here’s your invitation to the ultimate industry Super Bowl party — the Marketing Land #HashtagBowl Live Blog!
- Audi uses Super Bowl ad to drive home importance of equal pay for women
Feb 3, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
“Pay equality is a big message for a big stage,” says the brand’s vice president of marketing, Loren Angelo.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #43: Cool, creepy and contemporary — Super Bowl LI ads hit the web
Feb 3, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s podcast, we talk about the current crop of Super Bowl ads that have been pre-released online — the ones that are cool, a few that are contemporary and at least one that’s really creepy.
- Hitwise now updates its audience tracking hourly
Feb 3, 2017 by Barry Levine
The higher frequency steps up the pace for tracking opt-in audiences across searches and websites.
- Tru Optik, Kantar Millward Brown can now track real-world purchases by individuals to OTT TV ads
Feb 3, 2017 by Barry Levine
Companies say this is the first attribution chain from OTT TV ads to offline purchases.
- Don’t risk your business and consumer relationship over ‘alternative facts’
Feb 3, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
Don’t try to hide or exaggerate the facts. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen says content marketers will be rewarded if they offer their consumers content that’s honest and relevant.
- What if Super Bowl commercials were like digital ads?
Feb 3, 2017 by Lewis Gersh
We can all learn a lot from how advertisers treat America’s ultimate tentpole event, says columnist Lewis Gersh.
- Amazon Q4 beats earnings expectations, but $43.7B in revenues fall short
Feb 2, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Amazon was responsible for 43 percent of 2016 e-commerce revenues.
- Snap IPO: With 158M daily users, Snapchat’s parent company made $404.5M in 2016
Feb 2, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat’s daily audience growth has decelerated from 17% between Q1 and Q2 2016 to 3% between Q3 and Q4.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Google sells Terra Bella satellite unit to startup Planet Labs, Venture Beat
- Medium plans to launch a consumer subscription product this quarter, TechCrunch
- Enough Already About the Value of Content, CMS Wire
- Five Fierce Ways to Maximize Your Content Distribution, MarTech Advisor
- How to Engage People Through Storytelling, Crazy Egg
- How to Stop Overthinking Your Content and Start Writing What Customers Love, Content Marketing Institute
- Refurbishing Top Content, Moz
- How an Engagement Platform Should Support Conversions, blog.marketo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Colorful Inspiration For Gray Days: Illustration And Photography At Their Best, Smashing Magazine
- How to Improve Your WordPress Website’s Security, WPExplorer
- Did Snap pay $5million for Snap.com ?, The Domains
- Don’t Let These Common Myths of Selling on Amazon Fool You, MarTech Advisor
- Here’s How to Maximize Ecommerce Sales Through Facebook in 2017, CMS Wire
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Sending Cold Emails, MarTech Advisor
- Why You Need to Use AI in Email Marketing Now, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- Alteryx Adds Seasoned Executives to its Leadership Team, Alteryx
- SteelHouse Names Google Vet Natalie Serota as VP, Head of Business Development, Business Wire
- Ad Tech All In: Publisher First in 2017, MarTech Advisor
- New default placeholders for ads in AMP, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- Marketing via Messaging Apps to Get Harder in Europe, eMarketer
- Mobile App Use on Super Bowl Sunday, MarketingProfs
- Mobile Local Marketing: Reaching the Mobile Customer, Social Media Examiner
- Q4 2016 mobile site performance analysis, Mobile Commerce Daily
- WhatsApp tests real-time location sharing in its app, techcrunch.com
- Google will discontinue Google Now Launcher in the coming weeks, Android Police
- 15 Ways to Stop Failing at Social Media Marketing and Customer Support, MarTech Advisor
- 6 best practices for brands using Twitter DM as a service channel, Conversocial
- B2B Brand Advocates and Brand Advocacy Tools, MarketingProfs
- Designing Pinterest Posts That Encourage Clicks, Practical Ecommerce
- Here are Facebook’s marketing tips for exploiting lonely people, The Verge
- How to Do Social with a Purpose (Every Day), Simply Measured
- How to Tame Facebook Ad Manager, Part 2: 2 Time-Saving Tips, 3Q Digital
- Publishers Need To Take Back Their Mojo From Facebook, AdExchanger
- Reengage Customers With Facebook Messenger Ads, PPC Hero
- Social Media Image Sizes & Dimensions – Quick Reference Guide, Crazy Egg
- The average Snapchat user, Quartz
- Twitter’s Buy Button fails, but there is hope for Instagram, Pinterest, Mobile Commerce Daily
- US SMBs Plan to Increase Social Media Budgets in 2017, eMarketer
- What Super Bowl Social Media Success Looks Like, Merkle
- What’s So Great About Snapchat Anyway?, Wall Street Journal
- Creativity in Constraint: Unlock New Forms of Storytelling With 6-Second YouTube Bumper Ads, Think with Google
- Increasing viewability could boost earnings from video ads, Inside AdSense
- Unskippable Labs: Testing Video Ad Lengths With Netflix, Think with Google
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.