Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Holiday advertising strategies, Reddit ad analytics & marketing AI
Amy Gesenhues on November 6, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 7 tips to ramp up your holiday advertising
Nov 6, 2017 by Mona Elesseily
Search marketers, are you ready for the holiday shopping season? Columnist Mona Elesseily shares tips for getting the most out of your holiday paid search ads.
- Do Google Posts impact ranking? A case study
Nov 6, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist Joy Hawkins shares the results of a case study to see whether Google Posts can move the needle for local search rankings.
- 5 ways one entrepreneur used Instagram to build a powerful network of contacts
Nov 6, 2017 by Sweta Patel
In an interview with columnist Sweta Patel, marketer and influencer Amar Patel shares his top tips for Instagram marketing success.
- Reddit updates self-serve ad-buying tool with conversion tracking, audience reporting
Nov 6, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Reddit will tell brands how their ads performed with their target audiences and how many impressions led to site visits.
- Prepare for the discovery-driven, visual-obsessed shopper this holiday
Nov 6, 2017 by Steve Tutelman
Shoppers expect visuals to cater not just to product search, but also to discovery. Columnist Steve Tutelman examines how this impacts holiday selling.
- Fake ads, Russians and regulation: Facebook, Google and Twitter face a moment of crisis
Nov 6, 2017 by Greg Sterling
We’ll never know how much Russian ads and fake news impacted the 2016 election, but it’s probably inaccurate to say there was no impact.
- Smartpipe looks to solve GDPR-compliant ad targeting by treating identifiers as ‘snowflakes’
Nov 6, 2017 by Barry Levine
Within mobile networks, Smartpipe finds targeted users and then swaps out their identifying phone number for a single-use token.
- Creating a B2B and B2C overlap strategy
Nov 3, 2017 by Justin Freid
How should you structure paid search accounts when your targets include both businesses and consumers? Columnist Justin Freid discusses how to develop an ‘overlap strategy.’
- Marketing AI: It’s time for trust and transparency
Nov 3, 2017 by Matt Zilli
If marketers are going to start relying on artificial intelligence, they need to learn how to trust it. Contributor Matt Zilli discusses how transparency will help marketers understand what AI can do for them here and now.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Segments for Your Black Friday, Cyber Monday Emails, Shopify
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for December 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- 5 Ways to Add Magic to Your Email Marketing, Movable Ink Blog
- From zero to CMO: Five essential steps, Econsultancy
- How machine learning is changing the game for app marketers, Think with Google
- How to Use Twitter Analytics: 7 Types of Useful Insights, MarketingProfs
- Instant Articles Introduces “Monetization Tab” With Simpler, One-Click Control for Turning on Recirculation Ads, Facebook Media
- Marketing Doesn’t Have to Be Sleazy: 5 Real-World Examples, Copyblogger
- US Mobile Market Update – Q3 2017, Chetan Sharma
- What Audio Marketing is and Why It Should Be a Part of Your Content Strategy, CMS Wire