Marketing Day: HubSpot Announces New Partnerships, Pinterest Expands Ad Solutions & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- HubSpot Announces Integration With 11 Martech Platforms
New partnerships include Slideshare, Bigcommerce, Shopify, Invoca and others. Company also announces loan program for premium agency partners.
- Google Opens The (Vaultlike) Door To Its Anti-Fraud Team For The First Time
The team of 100 is tasked with decoding the tactics of the cyber criminals that are costing the industry billions in ad fraud.
- World Wildlife Foundation’s #EndangeredEmoji Campaign Uses Twitter To Solicit Support And Donations For Endangered Species
The non-profit seizes on the fact that 17 species in the emoji alphabet are endangered.
- SPONSOR MESSAGE: The Marketer’s Guide to Mobile Orchestration
Tapping mobile potential doesn’t have to take sorcery. Don’t let your efforts to keep up create a fragmented customer experience.
- Pinterest To Greatly Expand Advertising Solutions This Summer, Including A New Take On Video Ads
After a measured roll-out of Promoted Pins, the social bookmarking network aims to give marketers full-funnel advertising solutions in the coming months.
- Pinterest Will Set Ads In Motion With Cinematic Pins
New mobile ad product will enable brands to tell stories with looping video ads with the motion controlled by users’ scrolling.
- 3 Overlooked Retargeting Strategies For Retailers
How can retailers step up their retargeting campaigns to reach new and existing customers? Columnist David Rekuc has some advice.
- HootSuite Launches Facebook Ads, An Ad Tech Tool For Humans
Social management platform rolls out free feature that suggests the best Facebook posts to promote and automatically optimizes campaigns.
- 5 Steps To Freedom: The Key To Being A Rapid Marketer
How can marketers react to events as they happen, delivering instant digital gratification to consumers? Columnist Brian Rigney offers some tips.
- SMX Advanced in 2 Weeks – Here’s How to Attend
All Access conference tickets are sold out, but there’s still plenty of value in attending SMX Advanced.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Google-Twitter Deal Goes Live, Giving Tweets Prominent Placement In Google’s Results
- Beyond Personalization: Using Data-Driven Marketing to Create Individualized Customer Experiences – June 4 Webcast
- Earning Links Through Trust: How Site Design & Content Quality Impact Your Link Building
- Should You Segment Your PPC Campaigns By Match Type?
- The Quality Update: Google Confirms Changing How Quality Is Assessed, Resulting In Rankings Shake-Up
- SMX Advanced in 2 Weeks – Here’s How to Attend
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Steps for Turning Big Data into Smart Data, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Ways Analytic Tools Have a Big Effect on Small Businesses, smallbiztrends.com
- How reliable are social analytics?, econsultancy.com
- Unified Data Management Requires Unified Teams, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Unmissable Fiverr Gigs that Will Make Your Life Easy as a Busy Blogger, www.problogger.net
- 7 Lessons Learned While Growing Our Blog to 800,000 Visits in 60 Days, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Start a Business Blog: Seven Essentials for Success, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Is Your Blog Getting Lonely? All The Tips You Need To Rekindle Your Love, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Google announces Literata, its new e-book typeface, thenextweb.com
- Google Ventures Invests in Agricultural Technology Startup, www.wsj.com
- It’s here: Bill Gates’ summer reading list, qz.com
- WordPress Parent Automattic Buys WooCommerce, recode.net
- 17 Killer Strategies For Establishing Audience Loyalty, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Four Tips for Turning Employees Into Strategic Content Creators, www.marketingprofs.com
- Good Content Vs. Good Enough Content with @AnnHandley, www.toprankblog.com
- How Coggles uses content marketing for ecommerce, econsultancy.com
- How to Increase Your Content’s Shareability, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Michael Brenner Divulges the 2 Skills Every Content Team Needs, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Sharing is Caring – Don’t Steal Content From Others, smallbiztrends.com
- Show Me An Infographic, Mister! New Orleans’ Unique Content Marketing Approach, www.searchinfluence.com
- Why is Collaborative Content So Powerful?, www.stonetemple.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Lessons From A Website Update That Went Viral, blog.crazyegg.com
- 8 Mobile-Friendly Landing Page Templates Designed With Love, unbounce.com
- Communication: The Cure for Common UX Design Challenges, uxmag.com
- Iterative A/B Testing – A Must If You Lack a Crystal Ball, conversionxl.com
- Mobile Responsive Menu Plugins for WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Which Copy is Best For Your Home Page?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Hundreds of New Top-Level Domains Now Up For The Taking, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 1800Flowers, MillerCoors execs: Emojis are fundamental for driving millennial mcommerce, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Boosting eCommerce Sales and Conversions with Instagram, www.goinflow.com
- Etsy Reports Wider Loss on Higher Costs, www.wsj.com
- PayPal spends $25 million to settle Bill Me Later claims, www.internetretailer.com
- Webrooming? Showrooming? Shoppers Just Want a Seamless Retail Experience, www.usertesting.com
- Why Most Online Retailers Fail, www.cmswire.com
- More Than Just Read and Write: Emailing in the Near Future, www.distilled.net
- Three basic ways marketers are growing email lists that you can learn from, econsultancy.com
- Use Email for Building Customer Relationships, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- Use Buyer Personas to Craft Your Marketing Campaign, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Cross Pixel Integrates Search Retargeting Audiences with The Trade Desk, MediaMath and AppNexus, www.prweb.com
- DataHero Secures $6.1M in Series A Funding to Simplify Data Analysis, www.marketwired.com
- Rentrak Selects Vobile To Support Branded Entertainment Services, www.prnewswire.com
- Powerful Automated Engagement Marketing How-Tos, www.cmswire.com
- The 3 pillars of marketing technology at General Mills, chiefmartec.com
- The Rise of Marketing Automation, www.marketingprofs.com
- Check Out the Latest Updates to Yelp’s Mobile App for Business Owners, biz.yelp.com
- iOS Devices Still Reign for Mobile Payments, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile commerce has a visibility problem, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile Marketing: Everything You Need to Know, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Tips for a Social Media Report Your C-Suite Will Love, simplymeasured.com
- How Social Media Automation Can Encourage Engagement, dannybrown.me
- How social media is helping Nepal rebuild after two big earthquakes, qz.com
- How to Handle a Social Media Crisis, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram introduces Layout app on Android, www.theverge.com
- Kik joins Facebook in hunt for more publisher, brand deals, digiday.com
- New Social Customer Rules, www.conversocial.com
- Reddit Defines Harassment and How to Report It, www.adweek.com
- The 5 Simple Strategies That Grew Our Social Traffic by 350%, blog.bufferapp.com
- 10 practical Vine and Instagram video tips for brands, econsultancy.com
- 11 reasons why your brand should be using social video, econsultancy.com
- Good Housekeeping extends into paid classes through mobile video, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Is 4K Video Quality Critical for Online Creators?, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki named official industry keynote speaker at VidCon, www.latimes.com
- YouTube Opens Its N.Y. Space to Influential Creators and Their Imaginations, www.adweek.com