Marketing Day: IAB’s LEAN scoring, Echo/Alexa sales & LinkedIn’s earnings report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- IAB releases 2016 plan to develop LEAN scoring, its effort to take on ad blocking
Apr 29, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The goal is to develop scoring algorithms that can show who’s doing things right by year-end.
- Where are you on the path to customer experience maturity?
Apr 29, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
This CX management (CXM) maturity model defines the 30 CXM practices that every firm needs to master.
- Yandex reports a 34% YoY increase in revenue for Q1 2016 earnings
Apr 29, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Russian’s leading search engine says it’s raising its revenue outlook for 2016 from a range of 12% –18% to a revised range of 15% – 19%.
- How to help your sales team close more paid search leads
Apr 29, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Acquiring tons of leads through paid search is great, but columnist Jacob Baadsgaard cautions that your sales team’s ability to convert those leads can make or break your campaign ROI. Learn how to improve conversions from your PPC leads.
- Echo/Alexa device lineup now outselling Kindles for Amazon [Report]
Apr 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Report says that Echo device-family buyers tend to be affluent and 70 percent male.
- Tubular Labs launches first ecosystem-wide video content rating system
Apr 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
Ratings track 100 million videos for views and such engagement factors as likes, shares and comments.
- Google Shopping ads so hot right now: the meteoric rise of PLAs
Apr 29, 2016 by Andy Taylor
For retailers, Product Listing Ads are the height of fashion! Columnist Andy Taylor explores the growth of this ad format and discusses how search advertisers can take advantage of this trend.
- Is your brand prepared for voice search? 3 steps to get the conversation started
Apr 29, 2016 by Purna Virji
As voice search becomes more widely adopted, what can search marketers do to prepare? Columnist Purna Virji discusses how to adapt to this growing trend.
- This app “Contains ads” label starts showing in Google Play store
Apr 29, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new label has been spotted in the wild, but it has not rolled out to all users.
- What I learned fundraising on Facebook & Twitter: We need donate buttons!
Apr 29, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Facebook likes and Twitter retweets don’t necessarily translate into charitable donations. A “donate” button could help.
- Calling all channels: The multi-channel race for the presidency in 2016
Apr 29, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
Which channels should candidates use to succeed in this year’s election? Columnist Lewis Gersh explains why direct mail targeted based upon digital signals could be a win for both political campaign managers and marketers.
- Thinking about ABM? It’s time to put your sales hat on
Apr 29, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan says if you really want to be successful with account-based marketing, you must adopt a sales mindset first.
- 10 tips for successful Pinterest advertising
Apr 29, 2016 by Brad O’Brien
How do you pin to win? Columnist Brad O’Brien offers some tips to help you step up your advertising on Pinterest and stay ahead of the curve.
- Look out for the MosQUito — a new kind of ad fraud that drains human traffic from infected websites
Apr 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
Marketing/anti-fraud agency eZanga says it could affect thousands, possibly millions, of WordPress and Joomla-based websites.
- Microsoft blocks Google Chrome & other browsers from Cortana in latest Windows 10 release
Apr 29, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Microsoft says blocking third-party browsers & search providers improves user experience and is in keeping with how competitors act with their own digital assistants.
- Amazon reports profitable Q1 to beat expectations
Apr 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The company beat analyst expectations in all areas. AWS continues to be a standout.
- LinkedIn’s sponsored content pivot helps ad revenue hit $154.1 million
Apr 28, 2016 by Tim Peterson
LinkedIn’s ad revenue grew by 29% in the first quarter of 2016, thanks to nearly 80% revenue growth from sponsored content alone.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Maximizing your mobile impact
- Callout and Review extensions now available in Bing Ads
- The #1 reason why position #1 doesn’t matter
- Why SEOs should not ignore Bing Webmaster Tools
- Search in Pics: Kangaroos, Russo brothers & new napkins at Google
- With relaunch, Jelly makes another run at Q&A-style “social search”
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Social Influencers look to Affiliate Marketing to Monetise their Activity, blog.affiliatewindow.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Google AMP: What Bloggers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How To Stop Worrying & Love Your Blog, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Should You Convert Your Blog Posts for AMP?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The 5-Step Process that Solves Three Painful Writing Problems, www.copyblogger.com
- Tips on Building and Maintaining a Great Relationship with Readers, www.problogger.net
- Google Hires Former Motorola President to Lead New Hardware Division, www.wsj.com
- LiveRail CEO Mark Trefgarne leaves Facebook, 40 layoffs in publisher ad-tech group, www.businessinsider.com
- Yahoo Finance Hosts First-Ever Live Stream of Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 7 Less Obvious Tools to Improve Your Visual Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How 3 U.K. Companies Became High-Class Publishers, contently.com
- How to Use Data to Tell a Stronger Story, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Where’s A Publisher’s Place In Our “Content Everywhere” World?, adexchanger.com
- Why B2B Marketers Need to Educate Buyers With Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Get People to Click Your Pop-ups, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Top 3 CRO Test Ideas For E-Commerce Clients, www.ppchero.com
- Why Should I Run A/B Tests on My Website?, www.lunametrics.com
- Chinese investors account for more than half of the ownership of all registered new gTLDs (54%), www.thedomains.com
- Amazon China names a new president and forges ties with a large retailer, www.internetretailer.com
- Groupon’s Quarterly Loss More Than Triples on Spending Rush, www.wsj.com
- South Dakota sues four online retailers over sales taxes, www.internetretailer.com
- The Top 5 Considerations in Finding an Omnichannel Fulfillment Partner, multichannelmerchant.com
- Email Deliverability Rates Dragging You Down? Try These 10 Do’s and 7 Don’ts, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- Digital transformation: Five key tenets of a digital leader, econsultancy.com
- Five things Western brands should know about China’s digital landscape, econsultancy.com
- Big data tools & techniques successful CMOs need to know, econsultancy.com
- Digital Transformation: An Opportunity Within Reach, www.cmswire.com
- How Automation Is Making Influencer Marketing Easier, www.adweek.com
- Marketing Automation: Things We Can’t Do Without in 2016, www.martechadvisor.com
- Outbrain Launches Outbrain For Chat Content Bots, smallbiztrends.com
- What do enterprise marketers really think about marketing tech?, chiefmartec.com
- Breaking into the Brain: How Mobile Brings Brands Closer to Consumers, www.emarketer.com
- Mobile sales volume projected to reach 2.05B by 2020: report, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Optimize User Engagement with New Features in In-App Marketing, www.tune.com
- Virtual Reality Is Changing Mobile Marketing Forever; You’d Best Keep Pace, www.marketingprofs.com
- When it comes to mobile shopping, customer location is everything, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook is bulking up satellite capacity to offer cheap internet access to Africa, qz.com
- Facebook says 60% of data requests from U.S. government in second half of 2015 came with a gag order, venturebeat.com
- How to Maximize your Social Media Customer Service in 3 Simple Steps, www.conversocial.com
- How To Optimize Social Media Contests, smallbiztrends.com
- Instagram demands Littergram to clean up its act, digiday.com
- Snapchat Scores Unique Deal With NBC to Showcase Olympics, www.bloomberg.com
- Snapchat Wins Olympic Gold Among Younger Millennials (Study), www.adweek.com
- Top Strategies for Generating More Traffic to Your Website with Pinterest, simplymeasured.com
- Twitter quietly retires Magic Recs, a DM bot that recommended viral accounts and Tweets, techcrunch.com
- Using Facebook to Target International Buyers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What Can You Measure on Twitter?, www.adweek.com
- What’s New on Facebook for Business this Month, www.facebook.com
- 7 of the Best Branded Instagram Videos April 2016, www.reelseo.com
- Amplified Robot CEO Lays Out a Case for the Role of AR/VR in Retail, streetfightmag.com
- Facebook Live Attracts Younger Users, civicscience.com
- Launch Your Own Movie Channel With Unreel.me Video Streaming, smallbiztrends.com
- Periscope Launches Sketching, Improved Viewer Stats for Streams, www.adweek.com
- The Weather Channel seeks scale on Facebook, eyes vertical video, digiday.com
- Why YouTube Star Hannah Hart Is Remaking a 1970s Cult Superhero Series, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.