Marketing Day: The impact of ad blockers, Facebook Dynamic ads for Travel campaigns & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on October 31, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The ROI of recommendation engines for marketing
Oct 31, 2017 by Daniel Faggella
Recommendation engines are a powerful tool for Amazon, Netflix and more. Columnist Daniel Faggella takes a look at the benefits of recommendation engines and explains why marketers should be paying attention.
- Connect with your audience across multiple channels and at scale
Oct 31, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Consumers are bombarded by hundreds of competing messages every day, many of which lack any specific relevance to them. As they become more and more fatigued from this excess noise, consumers are becoming more adept and emboldened to tune out all of a brand’s marketing efforts if they miss the mark.
- E-commerce brands boost Facebook ad spend as CPMs, CPCs rise but CTRs dip
Oct 31, 2017 by Tim Peterson
In Q3 2017, online retailers increased the amount of money they poured into Facebook’s mobile video ads and shopper-retargeting Dynamic Ads.
- Vistar launches private marketplace for Digital Out-of-Home
Oct 31, 2017 by Barry Levine
Company says it has the largest supply of inventory — covering thousands of billboards and screens in taxis, elevators and bus shelters.
- Content Analytics launches retailers’ Scorecards for brands’ product pages
Oct 31, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Scorecards notify brands about missing images, wordy product titles, lack of reviews and other content issues that could affect sales.
- Ad-mageddon! Ad blocking, its impact, and what comes next
Oct 31, 2017 by Anthony Muller
Contributor Anthony Muller talks with the IAB, publishers, agencies and Adblock Plus to get their perspectives on the rise of ad blocking, its effects on the digital ad ecosystem, and what we can expect to see in the future.
- Ceridian CMO says internal communications are key to branding through an acquisition
Oct 31, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
CMO Kristina Cleary shares the branding strategy that drove Ceridian’s acquisition of Dayforce in 2012.
- Facebook opens Collection ad format to Dynamic Ads for Travel campaigns
Oct 30, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Airline and hotel brands retargeting travelers can now use Facebook’s full-screen, immersive mobile ad format.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- 3 ABM themes to expect at Dreamforce 2017
Oct 31, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
More people are paying attention to Account-Based Marketing, and the conference attendees at Dreamforce are no exception. Columnist Peter Isaacson discusses three ABM themes that will dominate the event.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Ways Blockchain Will Revolutionize Digital Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- 6 Scary Email Marketing Mistakes (and How to Avoid Them), Movable Ink Blog
- EU Regulations on Consumer Data & Marketing: GDPR Compliance, MarketingProfs
- Get the Latest Insights and Trends for Online Video [Exclusive Report], Tubular Insights
- How Facebook’s New Explore Feed and Ad Transparency Will Affect Marketers, Marketo
- Ofer Druker to join Taptica, Financial Times
- Personalization is still lacking and shoppers are getting frustrated, Retail Dive
- RiskIQ Announces GDPR PII Analytics Solution for Website Compliance, Globe Newswire
- Study: Twitter can deliver 40% higher ROI than other media, Mobile Marketer
- The 4 Engines You Need to Pull Off Content Marketing Successfully, Sword and the Script