Marketing Day: Instagram Ad Updates, A Digital Marketing Quiz & LinkedIn Earnings Report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Instagram Is Giving Advertisers Self-Serve Access To Carousel Ads
Oct 30, 2015 by Martin Beck
Starting in the next few weeks, the multi-image ads will be available in Facebook’s self-service ad dashboards.
- 21 News Feed Updates That Have Changed How Pages Use Facebook
Oct 30, 2015 by Martin Beck
Maximizing your chances of reaching Facebook’s massive audience requires paying attention to algorithm adjustments. Here’s a roundup of the major tweaks Facebook has announced in the last 2+ years.
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know About The Latest In Digital Marketing?
Oct 30, 2015 by Pamela Parker
Do you know about Google’s new core technology? How about Twitter’s latest ad unit? Test your knowledge about what’s happened in the interactive marketing world in the past week and catch up on any developments you may have missed!
- Why iOS 9’s Ad Blocking Isn’t Dire For Advertisers
Oct 30, 2015 by Adam Grow
With Apple’s iOS 9 release, all eyes are on mobile ad blocking. Columnist Adam Grow believes the future of mobile advertising is still bright and explains why it’s an opportunity for marketers to engage with people in new ways.
- What CMOs Need To Know About Demand Side Platforms (DSPs)
Oct 30, 2015 by Alistair Dent
A Demand Side Platform is quite complex, blurring the lines with ad servers, data management platforms and other ad technologies. Columnist Alistair Dent focuses on explaining its traditional role, as a buying platform for programmatic display.
- Google To Combine Android And Chrome Operating Systems Into One
Oct 29, 2015 by Greg Sterling
This afternoon, the Wall Street Journal reported that Google will be “folding” Chrome into Android. What this means as a technical matter may be complicated; what it means practically is simple: Android has won.
- LinkedIn Beats Q3 Estimates With 78 Cents Per Share Earnings, $780M Revenue
Oct 29, 2015 by Matt McGee
Company also says it reached the 400-million-member milestone last week.
- TAG Launches Anti-Fraud Program To Register Advertisers And Publishers
Oct 29, 2015 by Barry Levine
Initiative also includes a Payment ID system to connect ad inventory with everyone who gets paid.
- Last Chance to Enter the SocialPro Biggest Social Geek Contest
Oct 29, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
The contest ends on October 30, so play now and prove you’re the geek to beat! Enter the second annual SocialPro Biggest Social Geek Contest, sponsored by Marin Software. The contestant who can answer the most questions in the shortest amount of time will win the grand prize.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Shopping Campaigns Get Several Pre-Holiday Updates
- SEO For Shops: The 12 Tips Of Xmas
- Halloween Doodle Turns Google Logo Into “Global Candy Cup” Video Game
- Search In Pics: Google Human & Dog Skeletons, StreetViews In Van & Google Janga
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- appFigures Launches In-Depth Windows Store Analytics, www.martechadvisor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 9 Reasons Why A Blog is Important for Your Career and Life, www.jeffbullas.com
- Alphabet Signals More Restraint on R&D Spending, www.wsj.com
- Apple’s Secrecy Hurts Its AI Software Development, www.bloomberg.com
- Jack Dorsey has already brought back a key M&A exec to Twitter from Google, qz.com
- Summly Founder Nick D’Aloisio Leaves Yahoo, techcrunch.com
- Build a Data-Driven Content Strategy by Yourself, for Free, in 1 Day, unbounce.com
- How to Combat Clickbait With Headlines That Make Sense, www.adweek.com
- How to Put Eyes on Your Content on Day One, blog.kissmetrics.com
- One Obvious Reason Why Content Marketers Are Not Feeling Effective, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Web.com: New TLDs are not moving the needle, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon set to introduce in-app payment button, www.retaildive.com
- Amazon To Exit Daily Deals With Closure Of Amazon Local, techcrunch.com
- Boosting online revenue during Black Friday & Cyber Monday, econsultancy.com
- Different sectors must approach branding, ecommerce differently, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- What You Know About Shopping Cart Abandonment Has Changed Again, blog.crazyegg.com
- Wondering How to Sell Internationally? PayPal Has Answers, smallbiztrends.com
- Email & Social: So Happy Together, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Killer Productivity Tools for Neurotic Marketers (Like Me), 3qdigital.com
- 44 Powerful Marketing Tools, www.jonloomer.com
- Are We Too Busy For Great Marketing?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Avoid the Horrors of Virtual Reality Marketing, adage.com
- This 1 Simple Thing Can Make Your Ads More Effective, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- OneSpot Announces Dramatic Expansion of Proprietary Content Sequencing Platform, www.onespot.com
- Segmint and The Trade Desk Partner to Combine Active Analytics, segmint.com
- Sizmek Launches Single-Tag Responsive Feature to Ad Builder for HTML5, www.globenewswire.com
- Publishers Must Approach Technology As An Investment, Not An Expense, adexchanger.com
- Moat Receives Clearance to Track Mobile Ad Viewability, www.wsj.com
- Mobile Devices Bring Commerce Everywhere…Really, www.emarketer.com
- The Thumb Is in Charge, insights.fb.com
- Beyond Yelp: How to Find the Right Reputation Review Sites, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook Is Making Enforcement Changes To Its “Real Names” Policy, www.buzzfeed.com
- Facebook to Users: Add the Last Link You Copied?, www.adweek.com
- How @LincolnMotorCo accelerates customer engagement with TVxTwitter, www.Twitter.com
- How a Sneaker Company Made Facebook Ads Work for Their Business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Add Facebook Custom Audiences in Your Marketing Automation Mix, blog.adstage.io
- Instagram, Twitter Make Headlines of Interest to Small Businesses, smallbiztrends.com
- Snapchat Second-Most Popular Social Site in Norway, www.emarketer.com
- Top 3 Reasons to Try Out Facebook’s Lead Gen Ads, www.adweek.com
- Virtual reality gains with marketers following wider availability via Facebook, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- ‘It cannot be about money’: How emerging YouTube star Fleur De Force works with brands, digiday.com
- 3 Ways to Boost Lead Generation with Video, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Great Free Apps For Making Your Videos Pop, www.fastcompany.com
- Is YouTube Testing New User-Friendly Search Results?, www.reelseo.com
- Quick Guide: The ups and downs of video streaming apps, www.tune.com
- Top YouTuber PewDiePie: YouTube Red exists to counter ad blocking, pewdie.tumblr.com
- TubeMogul Hires IPG Mediabrands’ Todd Gordon, adage.com