Marketing Day: Instagram expands ads, Amazon Prime Day, Google Marketing Live & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Simpli.fi’s ‘addressable geo-fencing’ enables individual household targeting but at scale
Jul 11, 2018 by Greg Sterling
A kind of ‘Facebook Custom Audiences for the real world,’ the approach uses plat lines and GPS data for greater precision.
- Link to my awesome content, please!
Jul 11, 2018 by Jeremy Knauff
Your content may be terrific, but if you lack a smart outreach plan, you’re going to fall short, says contributor Jeremy Knauff. Here are several tactics and email templates you can use to execute a thoughtful link-building outreach campaign.
- The small business owners guide to conquering SEO: The glossary
Jul 11, 2018 by Doc Sheldon
Own a small business and struggle with SEO? Contributor Doc Sheldon has created a glossary of essential SEO terms to help small business owners improve their understanding and knowledge of SEO.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018 begins July 16 & will run an extra 6 hours
Jul 11, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
This year’s Prime Day starts 12:00 p.m. PT next Monday and will last six hours longer than last year.
- Key Marketing Ops Capabilities to Boost Revenue
Jul 11, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
While many marketing and sales teams have adopted new methodologies like the SiriusDecisions Demand Unit Waterfall, very often those teams’ marketing and sales technologies haven’t kept up. With thousands of martech companies vying for your attention, it can be tough to decide where to focus your efforts.
- Forrester announces a new Customer Experience Cloud, plus two acquisitions to power it
Jul 11, 2018 by Barry Levine
The research firm has picked up customer feedback firm FeedbackNow and AI-driven analytics company GlimpzIt.
- Google Marketing Live: Here come fully automated ads & campaigns for Local, Shopping & more
Jul 11, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Google announces machine learning-loaded initiatives at its annual advertiser event.
- Instagram expands Collection ads & Shopping Bag icon for Stories to all brands
Jul 10, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
In June, Instagram began letting a select number of advertisers include the Shopping Bag icon e-commerce feature in their Stories on the app.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Facebook receives $664,000 UK privacy fine, which could have been $1.9B under GDPR
Jul 11, 2018 by Greg Sterling
A US FTC investigation could bring billions more in potential penalties.
- Show and tell: Showpad brings AR features to B2B sales
Jul 11, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The company says the technology changes the dynamic of the sales conversation by going ‘beyond the Powerpoint.’
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 7 brands that mastered the welcome email, MyEmma
- Six Reasons Email Marketing Still Rocks (And Will Keep on Rocking!), Movable Ink
- Brand Safety Is the Responsibility of Content Marketers, Too, Skyword
- Choosing between being strategic or being agile is a false dichotomy, chiefmartec.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.