Marketing Day: Instagram’s 60-Second Ads, Google’s Search Chief Leaves & Budweiser’s Super Bowl Ad
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Instagram Now Offers 60 Second Video Ads
Feb 3, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Instagram now offers 60 second video ads, giving marketers more creative choice.
- What’s Next, As Google’s Head Of Search Leaves & Its Machine Learning Chief Takes Over?
Feb 3, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
After 15 years, Google search chief Amit Singhal is moving on. In his place, machine learning head John Giannandrea is taking over. The rise of the machines?
- Budweiser Super Bowl Campaign Takes New Direction With PSA Combating Drunk Driving
Feb 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
For Super Bowl 50, Budweiser is trading cute puppies for an anti-drunk driving message delivered by actress Helen Mirren.
- How Mobile Is Reinvigorating Out-Of-Home Advertising
Feb 3, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Using mobile, Placed brings “OOH viewability” to billboards and in-cinema advertising.
- Live 360-Degree Video Would Attract Attention, But Would It Help Marketers?
Feb 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
A new report that Google’s YouTube is actively working toward tech in support of live-streaming 360-degree video gets two thumbs up and one down.
- A CMO’s View: Nestlé Waters CMO Aims To Connect Web, Mobile & Brick-&-Mortar
Feb 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Antonio Sciuto strives to build a customer journey that integrates all touch points for Nestlé Waters’ full portfolio of brands.
- Client-Based Or Task-Based? Structuring Your Link Building Team
Feb 3, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Wondering which link team structure will work best for you? Julie Joyce gives us the major pros and cons of the two methods that have worked for her.
- Get Your Priorities Straight: Structuring Google Shopping Campaigns
Feb 3, 2016 by Laura Collins
A good campaign structure can have a significant impact on performance, but what structure is right for your business? Columnist Laura Collins discusses some options that have worked well for her clients.
- Why Content Marketers Should Tap Into The Power Of Niche Influencers
Feb 3, 2016 by Kerry Jones
Columnist Kerry Jones explains why thinking small might be your best bet when it comes to influencer marketing.
- Video Advertising For 2016: The Data-backed Do’s And Don’ts
Feb 3, 2016 by Andrew Waber
Looking to step up your video advertising on social media? Columnist Andrew Waber dips into Nanigans data to reveal conversion-increasing best practices.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Announced To Replace Safe Harbor Privacy Deal
Feb 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
After months of not knowing the future of transatlantic data flows privacy, the European Commission announced the replacement for the Safe Harbor.
- WSJ: Amazon Plans To Open 300–400 More Physical Bookstores
Feb 2, 2016 by Matt McGee
Report cites CEO of mall operator. Amazon opened first store in Seattle last year.
- Twitter Changes Home Pages To Give Timeline Of Top Tweets
Feb 2, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter’s home page has been updated on mobile and desktop versions to give not-logged-in users a taste of what’s new in their countries.
- Choosing A Call Tracking Vendor
Feb 2, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you’ve ever typed “call tracking” into your search engine of choice, you’re probably already aware that there are several call tracking companies from which to choose. It’s great to have options, but it can make the process of picking the right company a little overwhelming.
- Yahoo Revenues Off 15 Percent, CEO Mayer Announces Restructuring Plan
Feb 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company will cut 15 percent of workers, simplify offerings for users and advertisers.
- Twitter Gets Serious With Its Million-Dollar Branded Emojis
Feb 2, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter gears up for the Super Bowl with million-dollar custom branded emojis.
- Super Bowl 50 Advertisers: These Brands Are Ready To Play The Commercial Game
Feb 2, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
See which brands will be airing ads on the most-watched sports night of the year, along with their campaigns, teaser ads and more.
- Kik’s Branded GIFs Allow Companies To Engage With Users
Feb 2, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Kik’s branded GIFs feature is an extension of the emoji keyboard, letting brands engage more naturally with users.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google’s Shopping Campaign Expansion To Search Partners Is Gaining Traction
- Amit Singhal, The Head Of Google Search, To Leave The Company For Philanthropic Purposes
- 4 Search Advertising Trends To Watch
- To Fight Radicalism In The UK, Google’s Giving Away Free Search Ads
- Live Webcast: The Click-To-Call Playbook For Facebook Ads
- Client-Based Or Task-Based? Structuring Your Link Team
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Social Media Analytics Improve Social KPIs, smallbiztrends.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Create and Use Infographics to Drive Traffic to Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- Monetizing your blog, yoast.com
- Erwin Penland President Resigns After Less Than 3 Months, www.adweek.com
- Google is giving its high-speed Fiber Internet away for free to public housing residents, venturebeat.com
- Google to Test Driverless Cars Near Seattle, www.wsj.com
- 5 Types of Content Worth Investing in This Year, www.blogherald.com
- Enhanced Existing Content Marketing Increases Your ROI, heidicohen.com
- Forbes CRO Sees Industry On The Cusp Of A Content Bubble, adexchanger.com
- How to Create Customer Connections Through Storytelling, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Take an Audience-Centric Approach to Content Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Influencer Content Marketing: The Art of Relationships and the Science of Software, www.toprankblog.com
- More Effective Native Ads Is a Solution to Ad Blockers, adage.com
- One Thing Is Killing Content Marketing and Everyone Is Ignoring It, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why 80% of our B2B content marketing failed, econsultancy.com
- Why a Comprehensive Content Strategy Includes Podcasting, www.copyblogger.com
- Churn Rate Optimization: How to Reduce Customer Loss, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How Habits Are Sabotaging Your Conversions (and How to Fix It), conversionxl.com
- How to Convert Your Social Audience into Real Leads with CTA’s, simplymeasured.com
- How to Increase Conversion Rate With Up-Selling, Cross-Selling, and Down-Selling Methods, www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 2016: The Year of Customer Experience, www.adweek.com
- 3 Key Tips On How to Make Your Website User-Friendly, www.jeffbullas.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 5 Critical Tips to Make Online Display Ads Work for Your Franchise Businesses, www.searchinfluence.com
- DCA sues ICANN for fraud, demands cash, domainincite.com
- Who bought what? End user domain name purchases, domainnamewire.com
- 6 Reasons Why Amazon May Be Perfectly Situated to Open Hundreds of Stores, www.adweek.com
- Alibaba’s global marketplace attracts 5,400 foreign brands, www.internetretailer.com
- Cross-Border Ecommerce is Driven by Mobile Technology, Payments, Strategy, multichannelmerchant.com
- How to Navigate the Complexity of Global Ecommerce, multichannelmerchant.com
- Time Inc’s new beauty site is an e-commerce and data play, digiday.com
- Email showdown: Broncos vs. Panthers, myemma.com
- Lead Nurturing with Email, blog.movableink.com
- We Grew Our Email List to 44K, Then Stopped. Here’s Why., blog.bufferapp.com
- What Bill Murray taught us about email marketing, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- How to Create Customer Personas for Your B2B Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Overengineering Can Make The Digital Ad Industry Its Own Worst Enemy, adexchanger.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AppNexus Launches Headerbid Expert, www.prnewswire.com
- Lotame Names Doron Wesly Senior Vice President of Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer, www.marketwired.com
- How Digital Technology is Fanning Excitement for Super Bowl Sunday, www.martechadvisor.com
- Telco Ad Tech Investments Follow A “Wheel Of Fortune” Philosophy, adexchanger.com
- 4 Local Marketing Strategies for Multi-Unit Brands, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Small Screens can be a Game Changer for Big Brands, www.martechadvisor.com
- Knowledge is power: 3 ways to help consumers make an educated buying decision, biz.yelp.com
- NFL Fans Are Primarily on Mobile – Is Your Super Bowl Ad Strategy Ready?, blog.radiumone.com
- Who Gets the Most out of Mobile?, www.emarketer.com
- 3 Reasons Not To Run Facebook Ads, www.ppchero.com
- 6 Ways to Get More Repins on Pinterest, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Day in the life: What a publisher social media manager does, digiday.com
- Facebook Activity: Strong Estimator of TV Tune-in for First Minute of NFL Games, media.fb.com
- Facebook vs. Twitter: How Each Network Handles Advertising Differently, www.adweek.com
- How Facebook is extending Super Bowl ad buys, digiday.com
- How to Create More Exposure Using LinkedIn, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Succeed at Facebook Advertising, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- How Zoolander Started a New Model for Instagram Marketing, contently.com
- Instagram Extends Video Ads From 30 To 60 Seconds To Attract TV Dollars, techcrunch.com
- Is LinkedIn still useful for marketing in Asia-Pacific?, econsultancy.com
- Monetizing Facebook Is Easier Than You Think, www.silverpop.com
- Super Bowl Ads & The ROI Gap: How Social Activation Measurably Grows Business Outcomes, www.adweek.com
- The Most Active Fortune 500 CEOs on Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- Using Facebook’s New Dynamic Product Ads, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Butterfinger’s Super Bowl Campaign Is Perfecting the Art of Facebook Autoplay Videos, www.adweek.com
- Our first YouTube Red Originals premiere February 10, youtube-global.blogspot.com
- These 3 Super Bowl Video Marketing Tips Will Make You a Social MVP, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.