Marketing Day: Instagram’s New Search Options, Facebook Tests Recognition Tools & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Union Metrics Launches Multi-Channel Reporting & Adds Facebook Analytics
Company now offers combined metrics dashboard for Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and the social network.
- Instagram Offers New Explore Page & Search Options
Facebook-owned photo sharing network updates mobile app make it easier to find real-time content.
- Esurance Makes Heartfelt #EqualDreams Argument For Same Sex Marriage In Advance Of Supreme Court Ruling
The Allstate company expresses solidarity with the LGBT community at a time when same-sex marriage is part of the national discussion.
- Reduce Cart Abandonment and Increase Revenue with Customer Reviews- July 29 Webcast
Turn more shoppers into buyers by gaining their trust.
- Google Display Network Ads Support New Free Music Service
Video and image ad inventory expands to the free version of Google Play Music.
- Getty Images Added As “Interested Third Person” In EU Antitrust Charges Against Google
Getty accuses Google of building its own image search vertical using Getty’s content, while demoting Getty-owned images in search results.
- Google AdSense Now Reports Invalid Activity Payment Deductions
Details in publishers’ payment reports break out deduction withholdings.
- The Power Of Martech Unleashed
Thinking about implementing marketing technology tools to optimize the customer experience? Don’t wait too long, advises columnist Mary Wallace — the time to adapt is now.
- Google’s Project Brillo Signals End of Web & Beginning of Apps Everywhere
With Google’s announcement of Brillo and Weave, marketers need to think more seriously about apps as a way to reach consumers, says columnist Daniel Cristo.
- Hootsuite Launches Social Suggestion App For iOS & Web
Social management platform’s tool is meant to cut down on the time it takes to find relevant content to share on social media.
- Facebook Testing Recognition Tools For Identifying ‘Faceless’ People In Photos
No face? No problem! A new algorithm from Facebook may identify you based on your clothing, posture or hairdo.
- Snapchat CEO Promises Better, Non-“Creepy” Digital Advertising
Snapchat continues to make the case that its ads are the best way to reach the young U.S. audience, while honoring people’s privacy.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 10 Top Retargeting Tips For AdWords Users
- How To Learn From Your Competitors Without Copying Them
- DuckDuckGo Surpasses 10 Million Daily Queries
- Google Tests New Mobile Interface, With New Top Design
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Realistic Benchmarks for Your First Year of Blogging, www.blogtyrant.com
- How to Move from Blogger to WordPress, smallbiztrends.com
- The Formula for Writing a Blog Post in 60 Minutes, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Google Reveals Health-Tracking Wristband, www.bloomberg.com
- Music for everything you do, Official Google Blog
- Verizon Completes Its Acquisition of AOL For $4.4B, TechCrunch
- 5 Core KPIs Every Content Marketer Should Know, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 6 Ways to Repurpose Your Content, blog.mailchimp.com
- 7 Simple Steps to Improve Your Content Marketing Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Brainstorm and Execute Killer Content Ideas Your Audience Will Love, moz.com
- Content Marketing Q&A with Xerox Marketing VP Jeannine Rossignol, www.toprankblog.com
- Data Lakes: The Roach Motel for Your Content, www.cmswire.com
- How to incorporate cornerstone content, yoast.com
- How to Make Storytelling Your Business’ Competitive Advantage, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Seven Content Marketing Metrics That Would Make Your Math Professor Proud, www.marketingprofs.com
- The One Content Marketing Question You Need to Ask (That May Scare You), contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why you need to stop building “Quality Content” and start solving problems, www.cornwallseo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Effective Logo Design, Part 3: Geometry, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Great Design Resources for Your Content Campaigns, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Nowhere to hide: new privacy rules demand new thinking in UX design, econsultancy.com
- Usability Metrics – A Guide To Quantify The Usability Of Any System, usabilitygeek.com
- What Marketers and Designers Can Teach Each Other, www.convinceandconvert.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Apple, Facebook And Firefox Prepare To Bury The Banner Ad, adexchanger.com
- Who needs .SUCKS? I love ALDI .com taken via UDRP, domaingang.com
- Google Domains is renewing domain names for free, domainnamewire.com
- On The Wrong Side of a TM Domain? Take An Offer Rather Than a UDRP Loss, www.thedomains.com
- Why ccTLDs Should Not Be an Automatic Choice for International Websites, moz.com
- 13 Places to Sell Online That You Should Know, ignitevisibility.com
- 5 Tradeoffs for Selling on Amazon, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Alibaba CEO: “We’re Not Just An Ecommerce Company – We’re A Data Company”, adexchanger.com
- Alibaba’s next plan is to get more of China’s businesses delivering on-demand, qz.com
- How the top five UK ecommerce brands use Pinterest, econsultancy.com
- How to Hire Online Influencers for eCommerce Brands, www.goinflow.com
- ShopStyle brings e-commerce to Snapchat, with an assist from influencers, digiday.com
- 5 Ways to Create More Touchpoints with Email, www.verticalresponse.com
- eCommerce Email Marketing Design, cregital.com
- Google finally makes ‘Undo Send’ an official feature of Gmail on the Web, venturebeat.com
- Opt-Intelligence’s Joe Broumand on List Growth 102 and the 6 T’s of Opt-In Advertising, www.silverpop.com
- Use Seed Data to Test Your Campaign before Hitting “Send”, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- 67 Insights From The Worlds Top Digital Marketing Experts, www.jeffbullas.com
- Q&A: The Official Explorer’s Guide to Modern Marketing, myemma.com
- The 4 Elements To Launch A Successful Influencer Campaign, blog.movableink.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- American Advertising Federation (AAF) and Shocase Announce Social Media Partnership, finance.yahoo.com
- AOL Joins Return Path Certification Program, www.businesswire.com
- Audience Explorer: Giving Marketers the ability to understand their customers through Data Visualization and Audience Segmentation, www.prweb.com
- MediaBrix Takes Home Gold For Innovation Of The Year At 2015 Stevie Awards, www.prnewswire.com
- Millennials Experiencing Digital Overload, www.aimia.com
- Olapic Secures $15 Million in Series B Funding to Solve the Content Crunch for Marketers, www.marketwired.com
- Pixalate Launches First Security Hardware Appliance for Advertising Fraud Protection, blog.pixalate.com
- Study Finds Marketers With the Most Profitable Data-Driven Campaigns Embrace First-Party Data as Their Top Choice, www.signal.co
- Viewbix Appoints Rob Tariche as VP, Eastern Sales, blog.viewbix.com
- Marketing and the Internet of Things, closer than you think, chiefmartec.com
- 6 Mobile Pre-Ordering Tools for Restaurants, streetfightmag.com
- How Mobile Apps Can Support B2B Marketing Success, www.martechadvisor.com
- How the Apple Watch Is Changing Digital Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- Mobile Coupons: Don’t Push Without Permission, www.emarketer.com
- The state of mobile ad spending in 5 charts, digiday.com
- What Keeps People Coming Back to Mobile Apps?, www.adweek.com
- With Phones Lagging, BlackBerry Reports $28 Million Loss, www.nytimes.com
- 11 Ways to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for More Exposure, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 21 Places for Finding Social Media Content to Fill Your Schedule, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 New Ways to Take Your Pinterest Marketing to the Next Level, www.copyblogger.com
- Best Social Analytics Platforms: Summer 2015 report, about.g2crowd.com
- Facebook Place Tips Help Businesses Digitally Advertise, www.searchinfluence.com
- Elements of the Best Pinterest Profile, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Facebook Adds Authorship. Bloggers Take Note!, www.thesocialmediahat.com
- Facebook Rewarding Page Admins for Quick Responses to Messages?, www.adweek.com
- Google+: Then and Now, googlesystem.blogspot.com
- How NOT To Do Your Social Media Customer Support, locowise.com
- StumbleUpon Drives More Traffic Than Reddit: How To Use it Effectively, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Three Brands Doing Great Instagram Content, adage.com
- Tips to Create Effective Social Media Content, www.martechadvisor.com
- What Are Users Doing on Facebook?, www.adweek.com
- Why You Should Reshare Your Social Media Content, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Crocs Bets Big on Twitter Videos With ‘Funway Runway’ Effort, www.adweek.com
- For 7UP, Pre-Roll Only A Fraction Of The Video Experience., adexchanger.com
- Millennials Love Video on Mobile, Social Channels, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat, WPP and Daily Mail Bet It All on Vertical Video, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Advertising: How Do Partners Get Paid?, www.reelseo.com
- YouTube launches in Tanzania and Zimbabwe!, google-africa.blogspot.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.