Marketing Day: Interview With Constant Contact & Endurance CEOs, Video Marketing Lessons & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Constant Contact + Endurance = Watch Out, GoDaddy
Nov 6, 2015 by Barry Levine
The CEOs of the newly combined company, generating annual revenue of more than $1 billion, outline their direction forward.
- Study: The Content That Compels People to Buy
Nov 6, 2015 by Nathan Safran
Contributor Nathan Safran reveals key findings from a study by Blue Nile Research on which content types are most likely to appeal to consumers during the buyer journey.
- Are Millennials Speeding Up The Slow Death Of Interruption Marketing?
Nov 6, 2015 by Erika Trautman
Columnist Erika Trautman explores research that shows how authenticity, choice and control are key factors for successful engagement with Millennials.
- Modern Marketing Essentials Guide: Content Marketing
Nov 6, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Content marketing is driving the way marketing organizations are engaging their audiences. But in our consumer-empowered world, it’s become more difficult for marketers to cut through clutter and a lot more challenging to garner loyalty with their audiences.
- Video Marketing Lessons From People Who Have Been There, Done That
Nov 6, 2015 by Michael Litt
Looking to step up your video marketing strategy? Columnist Michael Litt highlights several successful video campaigns and offers some takeaways on what you can learn from them.
- Marketing Land Quiz: Do You Know What Happened In Digital Marketing This Week?
Nov 6, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Test your knowledge about interactive marketing headlines for the week of November 2.
- Is That A Fact? 5 Principles For Proving That Digital Advertising Works
Nov 6, 2015 by Peter Minnium
As digital advertising continues to transform, columnist Peter Minnium shares five things he’s learned to help marketers take advantage of this new, digitally driven world.
- Study: Retailers Are Ignoring More Than 80% Of Customers’ Social Media Requests
Nov 5, 2015 by Martin Beck
Sprout Social finds most merchants fail to respond to consumer questions on Facebook and Twitter, a problem compounded during the holiday shopping season when the volume of requests increases.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo Image Search Adds Personalized Photos From Your Flickr Collection
- What Does Yahoo’s New Google Partnership Mean For SEO’s Future?
- Search In Pics: YouTube Paper Rocket Ship, Baymax At Google & Matt Cutts As USB Drive
- Google Launches New Search Results Interface For Tablets
- Tips For Getting A New Google AdWords Account Off On The Right Foot
- Adolphe Sax Google Doodle Commemorates Musician & Instrument Maker On His 201st Birthday
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Cross-device tracking in the affiliate channel: Which method is best?, econsultancy.com
- How One Company is Measuring What Really Matters, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Is Your Brand Analytically Astute?, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Medium lets any user hide comments on posts, but others can still respond in post form, venturebeat.com
- Former VP of ICANN Hired By Facebook For “New Domain Name System Strategy & Management Team”, www.thedomains.com
- Twitter SVP Of Engineering On His Comments About Diversity: “I Did A Poor Job Communicating”, techcrunch.com
- Yahoo’s new UK boss Nigel Clarkson to ‘galvanise’ teams, digiday.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Write Thought-Provoking Content that Gets People Talking, www.copyblogger.com
- 4 Ways to Write Content for Customer Nurturing, blog.marketo.com
- In Branded Content Initiative, Squarespace And The Guardian Work Toward Authenticity And Better Distribution, adexchanger.com
- Kick-Start Your International Marketing Strategy with Content, unbounce.com
- Negative Customer Experiences Affect Online Conversion Rates, www.emarketer.com
- Neil Patel’s 5 Surprising Conversion Rate Optimization Discoveries, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Mobile UX Design Principles From Apps We Love, www.usertesting.com
- Copyranter: On terrible taglines, digiday.com
- Why Strong Writing Is a Skill to Prioritize in 2016 (And How to Hire Great Writers), contentmarketinginstitute.com
- European privacy ruling could add to registrars’ costs, domainincite.com
- GoDaddy patent app describes mobile domain name transfer system, domainnamewire.com
- 5 Survival Tips for Launching Ecommerce Sites in Global Markets, multichannelmerchant.com
- How do e-retailers react to abandon shopping carts? Most don’t, www.internetretailer.com
- Oprah’s Favorite Things Is Here And Now It’s All In One Place On Amazon, techcrunch.com
- The top reason Amazon Prime members pony up? Free shipping, www.retaildive.com
- Get Your Emails Ready for the Holidays with These 11 Email Templates, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Retailers’ holiday emails urge consumers to shop now, www.internetretailer.com
- The Email Measurement Trifecta: 3 Types of Benchmarks Marketers Should Use Together, www.silverpop.com
- UK Digital Buyers Prefer Email Communications from Retailers, www.emarketer.com
- Your Guide To Setting Up Gmail Ads, www.ppchero.com
General Internet Marketing
- Survey: What Marketers Need to Know About Influencers, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Drawbridge and TiVo Research Partner to Link TV and Digital for Cross-Channel Reach and Attribution, www.webwire.com
- New Survey by Support.com Reveals Brand Vulnerabilities and Opportunities in the Post-Purchase Customer Experience, www.support.com
- Marketing and IT would like to get along, but kinda don’t, www.internetretailer.com
- Neustar to Acquire Marketing Technology Provider MarketShare, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why Marketers Love to Hate MarTech, www.cmswire.com
- Debunking 3 Big Myths You Probably Believed About Mobile Ads, www.adweek.com
- How Axel Springer made mobile coupons work, digiday.com
- How cross-linking could propel Facebook’s Notify to the top, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- User data plundering by Android and iOS apps is as rampant as you suspected, Ars Technica
- Young Adults More Likely to Own Smartphone Than PC, www.emarketer.com
- 4 Brands Catching on to the Twitter Emoji Craze, www.adweek.com
- 4 Tips for Creating Amazing Facebook Landing Pages, www.wordstream.com
- 4 Ways to Streamline Your Social Media Campaigns, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Instagram Strategy: How to Grow a Loyal Following With Instagram, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram’s testing new ads that drive sales, brand sources say, digiday.com
- What 8 Agency Executives Think About Twitter’s New Like Button, www.adweek.com
- Win the Game of Thrones with Advanced Twitter Ads Tips, www.clixmarketing.com
- 3 Tips On Designing For VR, From Google, www.fastcodesign.com
- BuzzFeed: YouTube Channel Review – Through the ‘Reel’ Wringer, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.