Marketing Day: James Allen CMO interview, Facebook Instant Articles & native ads
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Should PPC agencies be scared of automation?
Mar 10, 2017 by Anna Shirley
Paid search professionals might be nervous about losing their jobs to automation, but columnist Anna Shirley makes the case that PPC automation may actually benefit them.
- Making complementary media strategies work: The recipe for cross-channel attribution
Mar 10, 2017 by Kevin O’Reilly
Your marketing efforts across various channels will have a greater impact when they are aligned with one another, and columnist Kevin O’Reilly discusses how attribution is the key to achieving this alignment.
- Mobile page speed is important, but not (yet) for SEO
Mar 10, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
Columnist Bryson Meunier suggests that mobile page speed, while good for conversions and customer retention, might not be doing much for your mobile search rankings.
- 10 ways to improve your business locators
Mar 10, 2017 by Adam Dorfman
Multilocation businesses often have store locators, but many aren’t making the most of them. Columnist Adam Dorfman suggests ways to optimize your locator to provide a better user experience and increase conversions.
- How James Allen marries email & remarketing to win over brides & grooms
Mar 10, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The e-commerce jewelry site’s CMO says both are pivotal to her brand’s marketing strategy.
- Facebook will let publishers show more ads in Instant Articles
Mar 10, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is giving more flexibility to publishers within its Instant Articles feature, allowing extra manual and automated monetization methods.
- 10 easy steps to help your business flourish on Facebook
Mar 10, 2017 by Will Scott
Whether your business is new to Facebook marketing or just in need of a refresh, columnist Will Scott’s Facebook tips will help you build a vibrant and engaged Facebook presence.
- Still not sold on native advertising? 3 benefits you should know about.
Mar 10, 2017 by Steve Olenski
Contributor Steve Olenski discusses the advantages of native ads and offers examples of companies doing it right.
- How to fight against online ad fraud (in 6 steps)
Mar 10, 2017 by Grace Kaye
In the era of fake news and ad misplacement, how can marketers fight back? Columnist Grace Kaye outlines her agency’s methods to help you take action.
- Smaato launches ‘first Inventory Discovery’ feature for mobile advertisers
Mar 10, 2017 by Barry Levine
The self-service capability allows advertisers to directly assess inventory before bidding.
- Why brick-and-mortar retailers need to go digital with analytics
Mar 10, 2017 by Allan Haims
Consumers still prefer in-store experiences overall, but columnist Allan Haims believes brick-and-mortar retailers need to take a page from online retailers and learn about their customers by leveraging analytics.
- The Value of a Happy Customer: Action steps to a great customer experience
Mar 9, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
What is the real value of a great customer experience? And once you know, how do you create one? Join our experts as they provide actionable steps to create an amazing customer experience with your brand.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Give Your Best Blog Posts New Life, Content Marketing Institute
- The Evolution of a Blog and the Evolution of You, Danny Brown
- Amazon bets big on gaming with high-profile hires, VentureBeat
- Snap opens second Spectacles pop-up shop in Venice, LA, TechCrunch
- 5 Sure Shot Content Marketing Trends to Follow, The Blog Herald
- Better Alternatives to “Expert Roundup”-Style Content, Moz
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 7 Reasons Every Business Needs a Mobile-Friendly Website Now, MarketingProfs
- Free Sparkly Icons To (Literally) Make Your Designs Shine, Smashing Magazine
- Is Your Website Your Own Worst Enemy?, PPC Hero
- Getting linguistic with new top level domains, Domain Name Wire
- New gTLDs are Like Used Cars, SEO Book
- Papac named ICANN’s first complaints officer, Domain Incite
- Uncertainty Could Doom the New Domain Names, Domain Investing
- 70% of retailers see the internet of things in their near future, Digital Commerce 360
- Amazon expands Prime Now service in San Francisco, focusing on small businesses, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Amazon.com will now come in Spanish, too, CNET
- 20 Writing Prompts for Quick and Creative Emails, Constant Contact
- Email Subject Lines: 8 Principles for Improved Open Rates, ConversionXL
- How to Get Started With Interactive Email, CMS Wire
General Internet Marketing
- Dos and don’ts for marketers to start building a community, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Marketing Versus Sales: Metrics to Highlight Each Department’s Contribution To Revenue, Kiss Metrics
- Psychological Marketing Strategies That Work, Authority Labs
- AI and Computer Vision Are Coming – What Marketers Need to Know, MarTech Advisor
- Drop it like it’s bot: Brands have cooled on chatbots, Digiday
- The Fifth Wave Of Ad Tech: Privileged Programmatic, AdExchanger
- 6 Strategies To Grow Your Facebook Page, The Blog Herald
- And you get Lens! And YOU get Lens! AND YOU GET LENS!, Pinterest Blog
- How Personal Stories Ruled International Women’s Day on Instagram, NewsWhip
- How to Harness the Power of Social Media Marketing, CopyPressed
- How to Scale Facebook Ads with Automation, PPC Hero
- How to Use Facebook to Market Your Products, Social Media Examiner
- It’s Facebook’s Turn for a Sports Livestreaming Pact, and MLS, Univision Deportes Oblige, Adweek
- LinkedIn Account-Based Marketing and Selling, MarketingProfs
- Snapchat’s Android beta users can turn friends’ Bitmoji into home screen widgets, The Verge
- That time Facebook went too far, TechCrunch
- The Dos and Don’ts of Reaching Millennials via Social Media, Adweek
- There Were More Than 400 Million Facebook Interactions for International Women’s Day, Adweek
- 5 Infamous YouTuber Scandals That Shocked The Industry, MediaKix
- 8 Killer Content Ideas for Facebook Live Video, Tubular Insights
- Facebook’s video strategy nets 1,055% higher share rate than YouTube, VentureBeat
- How travel brands are capitalising on YouTube adventure search trend, Econsultancy
- Is Live Video the Future of Content Marketing?, CMS Wire
- Step into the games with new VR videos, Official YouTube Blog
- Video Buyers Blur The Lines Between Brand And Performance, AdExchanger
- YouTube TV and Hulu Aren’t Reinventing the Live TV Ad Model, AdAge
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.